PDA

View Full Version : Remington Wingsmaster 870 FS

BAD LS1
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM
12 gauge 870, early 80's vintage.

Has a non-rifled slug barrel and was used for deer hunting specifically. Also it accepts only 2-3/4" shells.

Very nice condtion, id call it a 7 out of 10.

$250 obo

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii173/LS1builder/IMG_0026.jpg

UnderPSI
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
These are great guns. Every gun owner should have a 870 in my opinion. You can get the regular barrel from any local gun store so if you don't deer hunt it's not a big deal just swap the barrel out.

Great gun at a great price.

STANMAN
09-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Great price. For people who don't know guns all that well this isn't the typical lowest end 870 they make that's bead blasted and has a dull looking finish that rusts easily with poorly finished soft wood that everyone and their brother owns. This is the 870 Wingmaster, which has high polish blueing with glossy finished hardwood furniture. Great gun:thumbsup

Breecher_7
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
So this fires sabots or rifled slugs? I need a slug gun, its the only thing missing from my gun cabinet.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
my old man has a wingmaster. very nice guns for sure, the "wingmasters" like that are waaaaay better than your standard 870 express. good luck on the sale.

73Dustr
09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
So this fires sabots or rifled slugs? I need a slug gun, its the only thing missing from my gun cabinet.

If it's non-rifled, you would need to shoot rifled slugs. Bump for a nice gun. My slug gun is a Rem 870 with a rifled barrel, scope and thumbhole stock that i put on. Tony, you could always pick up a rifled barrel pretty cheap.

Breecher_7
09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
If it's non-rifled, you would need to shoot rifled slugs. Bump for a nice gun. My slug gun is a Rem 870 with a rifled barrel, scope and thumbhole stock that i put on. Tony, you could always pick up a rifled barrel pretty cheap.

That doesnt "look" like a non-rifled barrel though..... It looks like a sabot barrel.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
looks like the one that i have for my 870. mine is non-rifled. hard to tell from the outside though, LOL!.

STANMAN
09-23-2008, 08:06 PM
That doesnt "look" like a non-rifled barrel though..... It looks like a sabot barrel.

For those who don't know, you shoot rifled slugs through a smooth barrel, sabots through a rifled barrel. This is a smooth bore, so you would shoot rifled slugs through it. You have to remember, back when this gun was made there were no rifled barrels as shotgun only zones were pretty rare and the shooting public wasn't accuracy crazed like they are now, with shotguns especially.

Breecher_7
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
For those who don't know, you shoot rifled slugs through a smooth barrel, sabots through a rifled barrel. This is a smooth bore, so you would shoot rifled slugs through it. You have to remember, back when this gun was made there were no rifled barrels as shotgun only zones were pretty rare and the shooting public wasn't accuracy crazed like they are now, with shotguns especially.

Very true bob, you just rarely see a smooth bore barrel anymore that looks like that one. There almost always rifled now if they have those type of sights on them.

73Dustr
09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Very true bob, you just rarely see a smooth bore barrel anymore that looks like that one. There almost always rifled now if they have those type of sights on them.

Nowadays, I would assume most barrels with sights come on rifled barrels. Like Stanman said, people are lot more picky about accuracy. Not to mention, look how far sabot technology has come.

BAD LS1
09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
bump