PDA

View Full Version : F-Body Fall Cruise Oct 11

DamonZ28
09-23-2008, 06:19 AM
The f-body fall cruise is Saturday, October 11. We'll be starting at the Mobil Station in Belvidere, IL, at 8:00am, and heading to Edward Apple Orchard at 8:30. The cruise winds up at Culvers in Edgerton, WI, at around 5:00pm. Bring your FRS radios, and bring your own lunch!

http://www.fallcruise.org

Route Info:
http://www.fallcruise.org/route.html

Route maps:
http://www.fallcruise.org/map.html

Fall cruise forum:
http://forums.fallcruise.org/

Poncho
09-23-2008, 07:18 AM
This is a bad ass cruise, also I think I just died, because in your gallery, I think I found the only existing pic of my old Red '88. Are non-f-bodies welcome? I've love to bring my GTO for this cruise!
http://gallery.fallcruise.org/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=396&g2_serialNumber=1

Josepy
09-23-2008, 07:36 AM
dammit I will be up north fishing for this.

Voodoo Chick
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
My car only gets a few MPG, I think she'll sit this one out, lol...

DamonZ28
10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately, it's f-body only. Otherwise, some car genders will be upset that they're not included while others are, etc, etc, etc. It started as an MFBA f-body event, so that's what I've decided to stick to.

The route & maps have been updated to reflect a couple of detours due to construction. The weather looks gorgeous (mid-70's & sunny), and gas prices are on the way down!

justatoy
10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
I have been on the spring cruise before and it is great. Would love to go but my kids have their birthday parties that day. Have a great time for whoever is able to go.

udlose98
10-08-2008, 10:48 PM
dammit I will be up north fishing for this.

x2, and i really wanted to do this, love cruises.

nm, im a former f-body owner tho, maybe i could have tailed along at the very very end.

nismodave
10-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Car Specific Cruises FTL!!!

Josepy
10-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Car Specific Cruises FTL!!!

too bad. go cry

nismodave
10-09-2008, 05:38 AM
too bad. go cry

U r gay.

DamonZ28
10-09-2008, 05:47 AM
U r gay.

I actually invited non-f-bodies one year. They actually got boo'ed and thumbs-down from some bar patrons as we drove by.:rolf

nismodave
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
"Hello? Yea, Im finishing up here, too many Budwiesers last night, then leaving to go gas up my IROC. See you there at 8."

http://www.rottenpotty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/redneck-toilet.jpg

STANMAN
10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Unfortunately, it's f-body only. Otherwise, some car genders will be upset that they're not included while others are, etc, etc, etc. It started as an MFBA f-body event, so that's what I've decided to stick to.

The route & maps have been updated to reflect a couple of detours due to construction. The weather looks gorgeous (mid-70's & sunny), and gas prices are on the way down!

So on some little cruise it's only F-bodies, but at the yearly MFBA event at Road America it's all makes and models:confused

I concur with Dave on this one, Car Specific cruises FTL. Just like car specific car shows. I forgot who does it, it's the dealer on HWY 100, but they have a Vettes only show. How boring is THAT??? 6 "generations" of Vettes, the last 2 looking almost identical, so basically it's like looking at the same 5 cars over and over. BORING!!!!

michelle
10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
So on some little cruise it's only F-bodies, but at the yearly MFBA event at Road America it's all makes and models:confused
x2

):

Josepy
10-09-2008, 06:57 PM
god you guys can find anything to bitch about

DamonZ28
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
It's not an MFBA event.

BadAzzGTA89
10-09-2008, 07:18 PM
god you guys can find anything to bitch about

No kidding!
A guy is throwing a cruise for F-Bodies and people get mad because they can't join?
Title says F-Body cruise and it's just that!
Want to join in on the fun get a F-Body:thumbsup

Yellow2k1vette
10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
One day an ambitious Mustang owner will catch on, and simply start his own Mustang-only cruise. There's certainly no shortage of potential participants out there...if you guys would band together instead of constantly ego-race one another and bitch about events you're not invited to, it really could be done.

I'm not a hater...round up a few hundred of those wild horses and go for a cruise, it would be an impressive display of Americana...just like what the Vette folk do.

:haveabeer

moels
10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I have football all day Saturday or I would join you guys. Sounds like a good time.

DamonZ28
10-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm not a hater...round up a few hundred of those wild horses and go for a cruise, it would be an impressive display of Americana...just like what the Vette folk do.

Exactly! I think it would be very cool to see a bunch of Mustangs on a cruise, and I'm sure they could beat the 60-car cruise we had a few years ago. Unfortunately, we spent more time on the side of the road, waiting for cars to catch up. It was still a blast, and it turned lots of heads, but that was a lot of cars to keep together. A cruise of about 20 cars is a real blast - big enough of a group to make an impression, but small enough that the group can keep moving (emphasis on "movin'"!:thumbsup).

DamonZ28
10-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh - and my maps and directions are freely posted on the cruise website - anyone can use them! The routes have been carefully planned to eliminate stoplights, dangerous intersections, and to include lots of curvy, great roads & maximum fun.

Syclone0044
10-10-2008, 01:49 PM
That's a great suggestion, Damon. I would be in for any "open vehicle make/model" cruise using those routes.

Cleveland Dave
10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
the cruise is a blast ive been on it a couple of times and had lots of fun...wish i still had an f-body.

CPonyGo
10-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh - and my maps and directions are freely posted on the cruise website - anyone can use them! The routes have been carefully planned to eliminate stoplights, dangerous intersections, and to include lots of curvy, great roads & maximum fun.

I was just going to say that another cruise could be had weather it is all inclusive or car specific..the maps are there and look like a great trip...good work and thanks for the maps:thumbsup

Yooformula
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
damon always picks good cruises!

Waver
10-10-2008, 08:41 PM
One day an ambitious Mustang owner will catch on, and simply start his own Mustang-only cruise. There's certainly no shortage of potential participants out there...if you guys would band together instead of constantly ego-race one another and bitch about events you're not invited to, it really could be done.

:haveabeer

well in a way, there is....there is one from the EAA show in oshkosh, and then there is an mma cruise, but then again, it is open to other makes too....I think there was a gn last year