PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Verizon Compatible Cell Phone......

Car Guy
09-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Looking for a 'new' to me cell phone but it MUST already be compatible with Verizon's network. I'm not looking for anything special; just something that has a camera, works well, and is in GOOD condition. The following picture is what I have now and I would be happy with the same thing or one of a similar style, not too crazy about some of the NON-flip phones out there. Let me know what you have and how much you're looking to get for it, never know what I might be interested in but I'm NOT looking to spend hundreds of $$$.....:)

EDIT: I would prefer a LG brand phone, but it doesn't mean I won't get something else. I've just had really good luck with LG's because of the abuse I've give them on a regular basis..... :whip

http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-3749292p275w.jpg

MoCkiN U
09-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Is that phone shot? Are you even close to upgrade eligible? Have we talked about this already before? If you want you can call me (262-758-1211) I'm at work till 7pm or pm me your number and I can look it up later to see if you have "any" upgrade option at all.

I have sold off all my old personal Verizon stuff already.

Kelley

MoCkiN U
09-22-2008, 06:24 PM
P.S. the phone you have is the best phone we ever made

Car Guy
09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Actually I 'retired' the Samsung (JUNK!) I had and just took the wife's LG, which is the one I have now. When we went in to renew our contracts I wasn't too hot for anything that was available for free or cheap.....

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Got a NIB Moto V325i, $25

MoCkiN U
09-22-2008, 06:32 PM
^cant beat that with a stick

Car Guy
09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Kelley, are there any known issues with the Moto V325i...???

Like I said before I'm partial to LGs because of the abuse I've given them but if the Moto V325i is NIB it's almost too good to pass up at that price. I'm also surprised to hear that the model I have now is considered the best phone ever made.....

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Also have a used condition LG VX8100 price unknown as I probably want to switch back to it and dump this ridiculous chocolate 2.
Last VX8100 I had I beat to death and killed it by smooshing it between my leg and fender while troubleshooting some piece of junk car, main screen cracked and went loco.
I beat this Chocolate 2 too death also but really F-ed it by sticking a hundred dollar bill between the 2 halves and ruining the slide lock, been using it a year wih a busted slide lock and ready to go back to the VX8100, the used one I have is one of the wife's cast aways.

How much to switch a phone with Verizon ? Last time I did it I think it was $10.

Car Guy
09-22-2008, 07:04 PM
We switch our phones online for free, but then we pay for the info backup so that comes with the new phone also.....

RanJer
09-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Send me a couple bucks to ship it, or stop by my work and grab my phone. Same one you got. Feel like crap about the bumper deal but my truck just sucks too much to take a specific trip all the way down there. I work off 22nd and Hampton or you can pay for the shipping if you'd like.

If you'd want it that is.

Car Guy
09-22-2008, 09:28 PM
PM Sent...!!! :thumbsup

MoCkiN U
09-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Truthfully the 325 will get you through for that price you just cant beat it. Motorola got a bad name with the krazr and razor phones. Those made people think moto sucks but that 325 wont be bad at all truthfully. Might need a software upgrade at your local store but thats only 30 minutes of your time and free to do. The only major known issue with that phone is the battery, they have a recall on them but I dont see that being a issue with a NIB phone. You would have to use it for a while to see that come as issue then at that point the replacement of battery is free due to known battery recall.

Windsor: ESN swaps in store are $20 but as stated you can do them online for free with myaccount. Also that back up assistant service you are talking about car guy "should" be free with my account. You shouldnt be charged the $1.99 each month. If you are on your bill then update your new phone when you get it, remove back up assistant and go download again. THat should give you the free one. Having a online account gets you that for free

LGVX8300 by far and away Verizon's best phone. So much all the sales people call it "THE TANK" just because we can rely on it. If people complained about service we got them that phone and it stopped or if it didnt then at least we knew without a shadow of a doubt it wasnt the phone and was network related.

If you can try to stick with LG products or blackberry on the data side. Those are the most reliable out there for us

Car Guy
09-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the advice Kelley.....:)