PDA

View Full Version : get your gas right now! Oil shot up!

jbiscuit
09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
barrel price shot up $25 in 1 day, the largest ever jump. :stare We might see prices go from $3.89-ish to $5-ish :rolf Just skip right over the $4 mark :durr

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OIL_PRICES?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Silver350
09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah I saw that on CNN. I am definatly stopping once I get out of work.

Z28Envy
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
That sucks to hear. I better get gas before work.:stare

Karps TA
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Why? When it dropped like $10 a couple days ago it didn't drop in price dramatically. ;)

jbiscuit
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Why? When it dropped like $10 a couple days ago it didn't drop in price dramatically. ;)

:rolf Duh. It could drop to $5 a barrel and our gas would still be $3.50/gallon. But go up a buck a barrel and we'll see 10 cents increase at the pump! :rolf

juicedimpss
09-22-2008, 03:04 PM
oh sh1t

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll take my chances when I need it next. Our 3 summer drivers are at half a tank each.

u_say_go
09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
really, why even bother worrying about it. Regardless of the price of gas, we're going to continue to buy it because we need it.
Back in July oil was at $147 per barrel and the price of gas went thru the roof, over $4.30 per gallon. Then oil went down to around $92 per barrel and gas prices still hovered around $3.90. I give up even caring about this schit anymore.
I'm pumping more that $100 per week into my two vehicles, along with everyone else. As a result of the high fuel prices EVERYTHING is that much more expensive and it SUCKS! Instead of bailing out these financial instituations that made phucked up decisions, how about bailing out the hard working American citizens who are getting a$$raped and have no choice but to bend over and take it without lube! :flipoff2:

Russ Jerome
09-22-2008, 03:46 PM

Your starting to sound like Ron Paul now! :)

Ron Paul: "How come when barrel prices go up at 7am the fuel
price jumps up at 8am? Dont we still have several hundred gallon
per station of old cheaper fuel from hours earlier?"

You guys keep voting for McCain or Osama, follow the lemmings!

johnny--2k
09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
really, why even bother worrying about it. Regardless of the price of gas, we're going to continue to buy it because we need it.
Back in July oil was at $147 per barrel and the price of gas went thru the roof, over $4.30 per gallon. Then oil went down to around $92 per barrel and gas prices still hovered around $3.90. I give up even caring about this schit anymore.
I'm pumping more that $100 per week into my two vehicles, along with everyone else. As a result of the high fuel prices EVERYTHING is that much more expensive and it SUCKS! Instead of bailing out these financial instituations that made phucked up decisions, how about bailing out the hard working American citizens who are getting a$$raped and have no choice but to bend over and take it without lube! :flipoff2:

QFTMFT!!!

BUT....

Jay, where the hell are you getting $5.00 a gallon. When crude was almost $150 per barrel, gas prices didn't surpass the $4.20-4.25 range. If you read the article, it spiked $25.45, but then dropped back down for a total spike of $16.37, to settle at $120.92, so I dont think this will get us anywhere near the $5.00 mark quite yet. Then again, this whole thing is just retarded and anything could happen, but I'm just going off past trends.

Do a 6 month gas price chart here for milwaukee, and you can see what I'm using for my #'s

http://www.milwaukeegasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

jbiscuit
09-22-2008, 03:49 PM
QFTMFT!!!

And where the hell are you getting $5.00 a gallon. When crude was almost $150 per barrel, gas prices didn't surpass the $4.30-4.25 range. If you read the article, it spiked $25.45, but then dropped back down for a total spike of $16.37, to settle at $120.92, so I dont think this will get us anywhere near the $5.00 mark quite yet. Then again, this whole thing is just retarded and anything could happen, but I'm just going off past trends.

Do a 6 month gas price chart here for milwaukee, and you can see what I'm using for my #'s

http://www.milwaukeegasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

BCM has lost all sense of humor, I swear. $5/gallon was a joke so calm down there hotrod. :rolf

97z2801ss
09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
all my vehicles are filled I always keep em filled.

johnny--2k
09-22-2008, 04:03 PM
BCM has lost all sense of humor, I swear. $5/gallon was a joke so calm down there hotrod. :rolf

haha...sorry. Didn't mean to sound so riled up, but then again, it's BCM, you never know what someone elses intentions are :goof

I didn't even see your :rolf in there after the $5.00 thing. That probably would have been a good hint :durr

VroomPshhTsi
09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
i invested in gas... but my right foot keeps spending all of it ;)

keep raising the prices, we are gonna pay for it no matter what... i'll just take my gf out to eat less frequently lol

RanJer
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Fillled up in East Troy on Sunday for 3.59 for 89 octane. I'll be good for a while..

Reverend Cooper
09-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Your starting to sound like Ron Paul now! :)

Ron Paul: "How come when barrel prices go up at 7am the fuel
price jumps up at 8am? Dont we still have several hundred gallon
per station of old cheaper fuel from hours earlier?"

You guys keep voting for McCain or Osama, follow the lemmings!

i am voting for ron paul

xxtremeteam
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
i am voting for ron paul

im writing in nismodave and coop for pres/vice pres

CPonyGo
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
haha...sorry. Didn't mean to sound so riled up, but then again, it's BCM, you never know what someone elses intentions are :goof

I didn't even see your :rolf in there after the $5.00 thing. That probably would have been a good hint :durr

lol-Johnny was a little BUTT HURT for a second..there are places for guys like you...LOLOL j/k...see the j/k...lol

GRAMPS SS
09-22-2008, 07:55 PM

x2...but your paying 100 fro 2 cars....dammm...i spend more then that for one..and i'll continue to do so....
like said before in others threads...why worry about the price,.,.you have no choice but to pay what ever the price will be ,because you NEED it...worry all you want...it won't change the price of gas a bit....live with it...

GRAMPS SS
09-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Fillled up in East Troy on Sunday for 3.59 for 89 octane. I'll be good for a while..

i filled up today at 3.77...tomorrow when i need it again...maybe 4.50+...oh well.....

Mr. Brett
09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Why did it shoot back up again? Oh yeah, they needed to justify the fact that the price at the pump never came down with the barrel price. My bad.

johnny--2k
09-22-2008, 08:04 PM
lol-Johnny was a little BUTT HURT for a second..there are places for guys like you...LOLOL j/k...see the j/k...lol

HAHA....nice. I may have to stop by there sometime. :banana1:

Karps TA
09-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Why did it shoot back up again? Oh yeah, they needed to justify the fact that the price at the pump never came down with the barrel price. My bad.

It shot up because the market and the dollar are tanking big time, which leads people to run to commodiites.

And I enjoy bitching about oil and gas. It's therapy, and gives an outlet. Nice to know others are pissed about it too, so I'm not the crazy one.

Adam Brooks
09-22-2008, 08:57 PM
karps yes people were running to oil specifically this morning bc the entire world is realizing that this bailout isnt going to do anything.

as far as the huge spike it was due to a short squeeze that started at 1:20pm est and ended at 1:25pm est. Volume tripped as shorts covered their positions. Shortly thereafter the down fell apart and lost 460 points before rebounding.

This is why we need to end the enron loophole in oil. btw oil futures are currently down in after hours trading, so there's no need to rush out and get gas

badass88gt
09-22-2008, 09:24 PM
$3.58 here. I almost shat myself when I saw that.

Russ Jerome
09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
And I enjoy bitching about oil and gas. It's therapy, and gives an outlet. Nice to know others are pissed about it too, so I'm not the crazy one.

Show your serious about how pissed you are during the
upcoming elections, dont vote for a puppet and send out
the signal you are not following the lemmings off the cliff.

Prince Valiant
09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
No no no...oil prices shot up because a cabal of quickie mart owners, evil big oil CEO's, and powerful middle eastern shieks decided to raise the price on us. They know that we've got to pay no matter what.

The purpose and the timing though ARE related to the markets...BECAUSE the markets are tanking, they've got to make up for their losses (the quickie mart owners fund alone being worth 789,000,000,000,000 after losing 43 trillion dollars!).

Any third grader can see this.

Adam Brooks
09-23-2008, 08:18 AM
it was a short squeeze, bloomberg is even reporting on it this morning:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aMSdh.rgPmx0&refer=home

How/why this happened was the same thing i talked about over here: http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31442

Adam Brooks
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Oil is down as of now premarket to 107 so we can all relax

animal
09-23-2008, 08:29 AM
yeah, we can relax on oil, but that's not going to stop the local gasoline wholesalers from freaking out and raising prices for a few days 10-20 cents "on accounna". Might as well buy it while its "low". Ha.

Silver350
09-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I got gas in my car yesterday for 3.69. Now that I am close to work i can go 2 - 2 1/2 weeks before I have to fill up again

Karps TA
09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Show your serious about how pissed you are during the
upcoming elections, dont vote for a puppet and send out
the signal you are not following the lemmings off the cliff.

You're preaching to the choir.