PDA

View Full Version : Gasser Nova

DFJ6000
09-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Figured Id post some udates. I havnt been here in a while due to deployment in Iraq and then a PCS to Virginia. But anyway....been workin on my 70 ss Nova....I didnt want to do a regular restoration. So I hooked up with Jim Plimpton (won this years pump gas drags) and we bought a straight axle kit for it. Right now most of the body work is being done and the rear end is in, just waitin on a few more parts...should have some pics closer to November Time....I bought the engine from a member here, cant remember his name but it was a 402BB. should be pretty sweet ride when all finished....just givin yall a heads up on my current progress...soon as I have pics...ill post em....:headbang

Irish
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Figured Id post some udates. I havnt been here in a while due to deployment in Iraq and then a PCS to Virginia. But anyway....been workin on my 70 ss Nova....I didnt want to do a regular restoration. So I hooked up with Jim Plimpton (won this years pump gas drags) and we bought a straight axle kit for it. Right now most of the body work is being done and the rear end is in, just waitin on a few more parts...should have some pics closer to November Time....I bought the engine from a member here, cant remember his name but it was a 402BB. should be pretty sweet ride when all finished....just givin yall a heads up on my current progress...soon as I have pics...ill post em....:headbang

I would be with you on the gasser thing if it were an old willy's coupe, but I can not condone cutting up an original 70 SS nova...:goof

BTW, thanks for your service!:headbang

DFJ6000
09-22-2008, 07:42 PM
nahhhh i really dont think its an original ss....someone put ss badges all over it....but yeah...its gonna be on some whole other sh!!t when its done lol

Z06 KID
09-22-2008, 09:19 PM
i cant remember what digit but i wanna say like the sixth digit should be a K for it to be a true SS. if its an H it is not. its always fun to know those things.

DFJ6000
09-23-2008, 07:03 PM
hey i just checked the vin on the title...the sixth digit is a zero....theres only one letter its the the 7th position and its a W.....?

Z06 KID
09-23-2008, 09:25 PM
hmm im not sure then. ive never heard of anything with one number or a w for that matter. id like to know what its about if you happen to find out.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
thanks for your service!! make sure to keep us updated on the status of the project and be safe!

Z06 KID
09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
i just typed in a vin decoder on yahoo and this is what it gave me... apparently if you go through different years it changes. my dad and i have a 72 and its go an H in the vin which means it was a v8 2bbl car. the w means where it was made