PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Cutlass. afternarket t-top GP

PB86MCSS
12-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Went yardin' today and found a diesel Cutlass....not sure if any of these had aluminum hoods or trunklids? I know some Regals with diesels did, if I remember. I was going to investigate further but there was a father and son putzing with it so I didn't want to disturb them ;). Wish our Montes had them even on diesels....mmm weight savings. If so I do want to nab the hood springs, I believe they are different for the different weights...and work nicely with aftermarket fiberglass hoods from what I recall.

Also they just got in an aftermarket t-toped Grand Prix....I've only seen a few in person, 2 Montes at the NMCOA in June and now this one.

GRNDNL
12-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Still got the motor in it, The Olds guys love them DX Blocks......:thumbsup

SMS 1
12-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Why not just mod the brackets to use low pressure gas lift struts in place of the springs? That would look cooler than the springs anyway wouldn't it?:rolleyes:

MY FYN 79
12-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SMS 1
Why not just mod the brackets to use low pressure gas lift struts in place of the springs? That would look cooler than the springs anyway wouldn't it?:rolleyes:

Seems easier to me to just pop the springs on. I dont think they look too bad, I see more G-bodies with them than without anyways! ;)

SMS 1
12-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Probably is easier and faster ;)

PB86MCSS
12-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Well with springs you really never have to replace them, with the gas struts its only a matter of time...I kinda prefer the springs anyways and it almost seems easier to put those on than find proper struts that fit.

SMS 1
12-23-2003, 12:36 AM
All good and valid points. To which I cannot dispute. I often tend to over-engineer things. :goof

limpimpg
12-28-2003, 01:31 AM
i know also my 78 monte has aluminum trunk.

Rocket Power
12-30-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by GRNDNL
Still got the motor in it, The Olds guys love them DX Blocks......:thumbsup
yes we do:D