View Full Version : Travis Barker Plane crash 9/20

2006wrxtr
09-20-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/20/barker.plane.crash.ap/index.html

Holy Crap..........:(

Adam Brooks
09-20-2008, 11:16 AM
very very scary. sounds like some guy driving by tried to help
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/20/barker.plane.crash/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Heat Seeker WS6
09-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Thats horrible to hear. Seeing I work on Learjet/Bombardier fuel systems that news hits even harder.

michelle
09-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Very, very sad. But some updates:

Barker was burned from the waist down and DJ AM has burns to his face and is being "tended to."

The deceased:
Pilot - Sarah Lemmon
Co-pilot - James Bland
Passenger - Chris Baker Studio City, CA (Travis' assistant)
Passenger - Charles Still, of Riverside, CA (Travis bodyguard)

Beagle
09-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Im glad Travis didnt die. Hes a bad ass drummer.

boostin350z
09-20-2008, 01:39 PM
danm im listening to him as i was reading this. wtf!!? i thought i was gonna open this thread and he'd be dead

Beagle
09-20-2008, 01:48 PM
where are you listening to him?

2006wrxtr
09-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Very, very sad. But some updates:

Barker was burned from the waist down and DJ AM has burns to his face and is being "tended to."

The deceased:
Pilot - Sarah Lemmon
Co-pilot - James Bland
Passenger - Chris Baker Studio City, CA (Travis' assistant)
Passenger - Charles Still, of Riverside, CA (Travis bodyguard)

I hope his pee pee still works:rolf

michelle
09-20-2008, 07:55 PM
I hope his pee pee still works:rolf

Wow, I thought that same thing but was afraid to say it out loud or on the internet.

2006wrxtr
09-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Wow, I thought that same thing but was afraid to say it out loud or on the internet.

Well as a Man who likes to use or abuse his pee pee quite often that is the first thing I would be concerned about if I was burned from the waist down...

michelle
09-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh it gets worse:

Travis Barker's assistant wanted to get home in time for his pregnant wife to give birth.

We've now learned why Barker and his friends decided to get on that doomed Learjet in South Carolina late last night, and the explanation can only be described as a horribly cruel twist of fate.

It all started some time yesterday, when Barker's assistant, Chris Baker, told the guys that his wife was going into labor. Barker told him that he would do everything in his power to get Baker back to the hospital in time.

The quickest way back to Van Nuys was that Learjet. We're told Barker usually won't fly on private jets, but made an exception for what was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of Baker's life.

The plane crashed shortly after midnight, killing four people -- including Chris Baker. Baker's wife went into labor early this morning.

source: http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/20/tragic-twist-in-jet-crash-why-they-flew/

2006wrxtr
09-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Man that really sucks...

Irish
09-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh it gets worse:

Travis Barker's assistant wanted to get home in time for his pregnant wife to give birth.

We've now learned why Barker and his friends decided to get on that doomed Learjet in South Carolina late last night, and the explanation can only be described as a horribly cruel twist of fate.

It all started some time yesterday, when Barker's assistant, Chris Baker, told the guys that his wife was going into labor. Barker told him that he would do everything in his power to get Baker back to the hospital in time.

The quickest way back to Van Nuys was that Learjet. We're told Barker usually won't fly on private jets, but made an exception for what was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of Baker's life.

The plane crashed shortly after midnight, killing four people -- including Chris Baker. Baker's wife went into labor early this morning.

source: http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/20/tragic-twist-in-jet-crash-why-they-flew/

That left me virtually speechless.

brotherbenn83
09-21-2008, 10:37 AM
What about if you scroll down the page a bit and read this story

R.I.P.
Chris' Wife Not in Labor at Time of Crash

Posted Sep 21st 2008 12:50AM by TMZ Staff

A publicist for Travis Barker and DJ AM contacted TMZ and says our sources are incorrect -- that Chris Baker's wife was not in labor when he died in the plane crash and that was not the reason Travis and the others flew home on a private jet.

The publicist adds, "Both Travis Barker and Adam Goldstein (DJ AM) are in critical but stable condition and are being treated at Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia after surviving a plane crash late last night in Columbia, South Carolina.

The hospital will issue a statement with an update on their condition at 9:00 am eastern time tomorrow. Due to the nature of the injuries and the evolving course of treatment no further information on their condition is available at this time.

The accident claimed the lives of four people on board, two of whom, Chris Baker (Lil Chris) and Charles Stills (Che), were close friends of the injured.

On behalf of Travis Barker and DJ AM, deepest sympathy is expressed to the loved ones of all who perished in the crash. As the two recuperate and mourn this loss, privacy for them, their families, and friends is requested at this time."

See Also

* Travis' Assistant Dies in Crash

michelle
09-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh, well then that is "better", in a sense. Still a sad thing to happen. ):

awsomeears
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
WoW and DJ AM is supposed to DJ in Milwaukee Oct. 16th I think. Burns on the human body is just sad........ I wish the best for them.

GTSLOW
09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
I just landed in Columbia about 30mins ago. The road on that side of the airport is still closed. Crazyness I tell ya. The local news paper has a pic of the plane burned pretty bad too.

That_Guy
09-21-2008, 05:49 PM
WoW and DJ AM is supposed to DJ in Milwaukee Oct. 16th I think. Burns on the human body is just sad........ I wish the best for them.

i was planning on going to that.

awsomeears
09-21-2008, 11:57 PM
i was planning on going to that.

Yea it or was being held at Apt. 720

Z28Envy
09-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Always crazy to hear things like this. Sad about the guy being killed the night before his baby comes.

Smokey1226
09-22-2008, 12:26 AM
i was helping a guy put race gas into his built harley and accidently touched my leg onto his pipes. Those 2 seconds my leg was on there it hurt like a BIZZZZICHH.

I cant even imagine what they are going through.

88Nightmare
09-22-2008, 12:33 AM
^ true that. I cant begin to imagine the kind of pain they are going through right now.

Z28Envy
09-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Getting burnt like that would be so horrible. Wonder how bad they really were. Can't imagine walking away from something like that. Don't think I would ever be able to get on a plane again.

CobraSnake
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
wow that sucks. Hope they can still live a nice long life after this. A girl I knew just got killed last night by a drunk driver while she was walking across the street on national coming from fat daddies. Crazy shit is happening all over the US.

Mark