PDA

View Full Version : Big pig gig in the falls this weekend....

GRAMPS SS
09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
The BIG PIG GIG is going on this weekend in the falls.....i know it's saturday and suday for sure...not sure about friday night....they were pulling there cookers in all day today....don't know if any of the heavy hitters will be in town...but if you like BBQ..the FALLS is the place to be this weekend...

Reverend Cooper
09-18-2008, 08:55 PM
is this the place with all the fat chicks?

michelle
09-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Will BBQuick be there?

GRAMPS SS
09-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Will BBQuick be there?

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf i heard that he asked to set up a stand and sell...but they said no a week ago to him....so as far as i know...he won't be.

i know your hurt about it....but there will be better BBQ there then his,...last year i ate for free saturday and sunday....we sponsored a few of the contestants....i think we did this year as well..we have people picking up shirts and approns all week...so maybe some of them we sponsored......they have bands during the day and night sat....i think friday night as well as a kick off to the event.....

michelle
09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Adam, his parents, and I went last year and had a good time. We already planned to go on Saturday afternoon.

GRAMPS SS
09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
^^^^^^^^^ let me know...i'll meet up with ya...you have my cell.....i'll be parking by work and walking over,....1000 feet from our shop....

michelle
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
I think I parked at the school. I'll call/text you on Saturday.

GRAMPS SS
09-18-2008, 10:54 PM
we'll see tomorrow when i get to work how big this years championship will be....not much talk about it at all in town...and not much advertising around town as well...last year everyone had a poster in ther window...this year...here and there...plus they have something new that was in the news..they have pigs that are decorated...3 were stolen and found a week later....at the show...the winning pigs will be on display and you put money in the pig of your fav charity......not a bad idea.....

LIZMO
09-18-2008, 11:21 PM
if we don't get my car fixed by saturday, we might stop by. (if the cars fixed were going to fondulac and greenbay)

cheap80Z28
09-19-2008, 02:17 AM
hope they are more/better prepared for all the people that wanna show up, not like last year. first we didn't know we needed tokens, then we stood and watched as the venders crossed the food of the menues.

SLOWC5
09-19-2008, 07:01 AM
I'll be there saturday gettign shit faced, looks to be one of the last wisconsin festival/events for the year. Chasin mason puts on a good show also.

mrz28M6
09-19-2008, 10:33 AM
i'll be there on saturday night to see my buddy's band the crisis!

A B4C Z
09-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Be there also. Was a blast last year from what i remember:alcoholic

GRAMPS SS
09-19-2008, 10:50 AM
I'll be there saturday gettign shit faced, looks to be one of the last wisconsin festival/events for the year. Chasin mason puts on a good show also.

jeff..where did you find the dates with which band playing..they have 3 but don't know when they are playing..went oto the site the chamber has....the piggig.com.............nothing...blank...

FOUND IT.....

ketucky headhunters....9.30 FRI NIGHT..MAIN STAGE
georgia satelites 9:30 SAT NIGHT MAIN STAGE
chasin mason...8:30 SAT NIGHT PIG GIG STAGE

ALSO FOUND THE LIST OF VENDORS THAT WILL ,BE SELLING FOOD AND BEVERAGE...

Barbecue Company ... St. Louis Ribs, Shoulder, Chicken Sandwich, Burgers

Davians.... Burgers, Nacho Grande Appetizer

Bugline Sports Bar & Grill... Pig on a Stick, Cheese on a Stick, 5-Chicken Tenders, Haystack Onions, Chips & Cheese, French Fries

Famous Dave's .... Country Ribs w/ Beans, Slaw and Conrnbread

Flip Side BBQ ....Pulled Chicken w/ Cheesy Corn Bake, BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Mozz Sticks, French Fries, Chips & Salsa, Nacho's, Chicken Wings

Florida Skin and Bones ... BBQ Chicken w/ 1 side, Grilled Chicken (Cajun or BBQ), Pulled Pork Sandwich, Burgers/Cheeseburger

Garfield 502.... Pork Shoulder with 2 Sides, BBQ Chicken with 2 Sides, Pulled Pork Sandwich, French Fries, Chicken Wings

Granny's Custard....Custard Cones, Sundaes, Banana Splits, Cream Puff, Cheesecake, Malts & Shakes, Root Beer Floats

Hawg City Grill .... BBQ Chicken, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Burgers, Breaded Mushrooms, Eggplant

Lions Club ...... Corn on the Cob, Baked Potatoes

Olive's Juice Bar...... Smoothies, Iced Tea, Lemonade, Iced Coffee, Spiced Ice tea, Energy Drinks, Gatorade, Coffee

Maple Valley Firemen Catering..... St. Louis Style Ribs (Includes Baked Beans & Baked Potato), Pork Shoulder Dinner (Includes Baked Beans & Baked Potato), Half Pound Angus Butter Burgers (Includes Chips)

Nino's Bakery..... Italian Sub, Club Sub, Roast Beef Sub - Napoleans, Eclairs, Cannoli and Fruit Squares

Silver Spur .....BBQ Ribs - St. Louis Style, 1/2 Smoked Chicken, Pulled Pork Sandwich, BBQ Beef Sandwich, Mozz Sticks, Chicken Wings

Trysting Place Pub.....Baby Back Ribs, Pork Prime Rib, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Chicken Parmesan Sandwich, Mozzarella Sticks, Fried Eggplant

Quarry Coffee Lattes, Mochas, Iced Tea Fresh Brew, Iced Tea with Flavor, Hot Coffee, Lemonade, Lemodade with Flavor, Trail Mix, Churros, Jumbo Cookies, Strudel Sticks

LOOKS TO ME LIKE MORE FOOD THIS YEAR TO PAY FOR...BUT IF YOU WALK AROUND WHILE THEY ARE GETTING MEAT READY FOR JUDING...THEY GIVE IT OUT FREE...WHY THROW IT AWAY...

Josepy
09-19-2008, 11:31 AM

God I hate chasin mason. BBQ would be good though.

GRAMPS SS
09-19-2008, 11:06 PM
just got home....God..never ate so much FREE food..i'm stuff..so is sean and ann...pays to be VIP...:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rol f:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

we got there at 5:45...listened to a few bands..ate shot the shit with some sponsors...didn't have to wait in the long lines for 2 of the BBQ vendors....one the line would of taken an hour to get to,the fron the norm way....one good band we listened to was RHYTHM METHOD....good tunes...then listened to a little of kentucky headhunters....then home..sean has some crap for school tomorrow..then back to the BBQ...lots of good bands sat,.....and plenty of food....

if you get the chance,,,,go to this...:thumbsup

Russ Jerome
09-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I was afraid to ask the stupid question...so for anybody
reading who doesnt know what the &^%$ this pig gig
actual is, or where it is:
http://www.thebigpiggig.com/

I need to get out more often! Is it easy to get in/out
of you should you ride a bike?

GRAMPS SS
09-20-2008, 01:50 PM
3 GREAT BANDS TONIGHT.........

CHASIN MASON.....8:30 BIG PIG STAGE

THE CRISIS.....7:00 M&I FAMILY FUN STAGE

GEORGIA SATELLITES.....9:30 THE MAIN STAGE

You can get maps at the gig when you enter....