PDA

View Full Version : Of all the things to ***** about...

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Are you ******* kidding me? :flipoff2:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_on_re_us/death_by_grenade

Can I get a congressional medal of honor to? :alcoholic

GTSLOW
09-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Wasn't it for jumping on a friendly grenade?

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Wasn't it for jumping on a friendly grenade?

The details are smothered in political bullshit as usual. This woman acts as if they just hand out CMOH's.... You gotta be one bad mother fvcker to get one of those. :stare

Apparently the Navy Cross isnt good enough....... :rolleyes:

Yooformula
09-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Are you ******* kidding me? :flipoff2:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_on_re_us/death_by_grenade

Can I get a congressional medal of honor to? :alcoholic

I think I am confused....didnt he jump on a grenade to protect his friends AFTER he was shot in the face and upper body?

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I think I am confused....didnt he jump on a grenade to protect his friends AFTER he was shot in the face and upper body?

That about sums it up.

I was in Fallujah when this went down. Thats why it irritates me to see this.

GTSLOW
09-18-2008, 08:08 PM

I wont get involved in any debates but the Navy Cross is the highest medal you can get beside the MOH. :stare

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/ima/medals/navycross.jpg

Adam Brooks
09-18-2008, 08:08 PM
It sounds like he fell on top of it after he was hit by lethal friendly fire.

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I wont get involved in any debates but the Navy Cross is the highest medal you can get beside the MOH. :stare

Its the second highest.... Right under the CMOH......

Adam Brooks
09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Breecher thank for you defending our country :haveabeer

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Breecher thank for you defending our country :haveabeer

Thanks...

I dont do that anymore though, I quit a few years ago....

Couldnt get the orders I wanted so I told them to shove it.... :rolf

GTSLOW
09-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks...

I dont do that anymore though, I quit a few years ago....

Couldnt get the orders I wanted so I told them to shove it.... :rolf

San Diego? :thumbsup

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
San Diego? :thumbsup

I was already stationed in san diego, Corronado actually.....

I wanted to stay there on shore duty but they wouldnt let me leave EOD Mobile Unit 7 because of the great demand for people in my field. And staying with them would have meant yet another (6th) deployment to Iraq.

No thanks! :flipoff2:

Reverend Cooper
09-18-2008, 08:45 PM
The details are smothered in political bullshit as usual. This woman acts as if they just hand out CMOH's.... You gotta be one bad mother fvcker to get one of those. :stare

I would also be willing to bet the death benefits are greater with the cmoh than the navy cross

BoosTT
09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
I would also be willing to bet the death benefits are greater with the cmoh than the navy cross

It said an extra $1,000/month!!

Reverend Cooper
09-18-2008, 09:37 PM
yeah i figured,i apologize for not reading the whole article,it bored me

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 09:59 PM

Bingo...

Its all about the money would be my guess. :stare

Pathetic.

GTSLOW
09-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I was already stationed in san diego, Corronado actually.....

I wanted to stay there on shore duty but they wouldnt let me leave EOD Mobile Unit 7 because of the great demand for people in my field. And staying with them would have meant yet another (6th) deployment to Iraq.

No thanks! :flipoff2:

That sucks!!

Bingo...

Its all about the money would be my guess. :stare

Pathetic.

Wait so the family would get $1k a month for ever if their son is awarded the MOH?

srt4eh
09-19-2008, 12:44 AM
They should start giving out MOH's like candy....it'll be an end-of-tour standard award.

Sprayaway Fox
09-19-2008, 12:57 AM
My buds going back for another tour. Basically get back, settle down, get sheet back in order, than Congrats! yr azz is goin back! But he knows that is what he signed up for. Can someone get him some gasket sets for the hummers! he works on the diesels and all they get is big tubes of sealer and cardboard to fix them! Glad my tax dollars cant go to a damn Felpro Gasket set!.....Seriously they put a half inch bead on the oil pan then walk away and wait till it gets hard then put another half inch bead and squish it together. Nice to know when your azz is gettn fired on. lol

GTSLOW
09-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Weird my unit has no problems ordering gasket sets. Although being down range they may be in high demand?

lasttimearound
09-19-2008, 01:15 AM
My buds going back for another tour. Basically get back, settle down, get sheet back in order, than Congrats! yr azz is goin back! But he knows that is what he signed up for. Can someone get him some gasket sets for the hummers! he works on the diesels and all they get is big tubes of sealer and cardboard to fix them! Glad my tax dollars cant go to a damn Felpro Gasket set!.....Seriously they put a half inch bead on the oil pan then walk away and wait till it gets hard then put another half inch bead and squish it together. Nice to know when your azz is gettn fired on. lol

um... the felpro isnt much, if at all better than that!

Sprayaway Fox
09-19-2008, 01:29 AM
LOL dunno he was just telln me that is how they fix them. We got on the subject while workin on his truck back home. He was sick of everybody askin how it was over there so he stayed home and I helped him on his truck. Then I paid for him at TT bar!:thumbsup

HY35F2T
09-19-2008, 01:50 AM
type of car i have from the factory they use sealer i use that stuff call "the right stuff" works great.then again im not driving in sand and hot as hell weather.

Breecher_7
09-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Weird my unit has no problems ordering gasket sets. Although being down range they may be in high demand?

Yeah, I had no issues at all ordering stuff for our hummers.... Even aftermarket shit.... We had a rather large expense account and no one really cared where it went as long as our job got done... :rolf

Sprayaway Fox
09-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Back to thread...I think that the mom is just pissed that her son did save somebodys azz but just didnt get the full aknowlegment that SHE thought nessacary. Granted he did do it so, I commend him as a hero, but gotta remember he signed up for that kind of stuff. If I sign up to possibly get kicked in the balls and it happens then it happens.

Cryptic
09-19-2008, 11:58 AM
It said an extra $1,000/month!!

There's her motivation. Pretty sad. Just take the Navy Cross with some integrity. She's making her son's death a less honorable one by making shinangans about it.

I've had several Marine's (e-5 and e-6) tell me that's what their trained to do. The lowest ranking is gonna get thrown over the top of that grenade followed by next.

Adam Brooks
09-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Cryptic HAHAHA nice signature

here's an update on the story:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/20/grenade.death.ap/index.html?eref=rss_us