PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever race a bike?

jbiscuit
09-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I can remember hearing stories about a Nova in Racine in the early-mid 90's that raced a Ninja on the street and beat it. That was a big deal back then and everyone knew about it. How big of a deal is that today? I imagine a Busa would be tough to beat. I know some of you guys have stories :thumbsup

juicedimpss
09-18-2008, 12:14 PM
i havent had any action from a bike since 95 or 96.

maybe the rice bike guys finally figured out cars CAN beat them.

Prince Valiant
09-18-2008, 12:29 PM
I've had three bikes race the valiant...neither were impressive. I didn't think I'd win any of them per se, just having fun.

One was a 600 crotch rocket (can't recall the make/year) but this was in late 01...the valiant was in the mid/high 13's then. We tied because the guy was racing with his "Babe" on the back...and to give you an idea, has anyone seen the eddie movie "Norbit"

http://www.movie-moron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/293_norbit_020507.jpg

I jest...but I not terribly far off, lol.

The other was a group of guys...two went, another 600 that left me easily...but then the other bike I beat pretty easy. I figured it to be a 400 or just a really bad driver. The valiant was a healthy bit faster then.

ND4SPD
09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
I raced a YZF-600 about two or three weeks ago and beat him pretty badly. He was pretty cool about it, gave me the thumbs up and complimented me on my car.

Busa's can be beaten by the way... just takes a really big turbo. ;) Once you start turbo'ing the busas though... then they get a little tough to beat.

KNqa_1syyFU

SMOKDU
09-18-2008, 01:12 PM
never lost to a bike yet street or track. even raced a turbo busa at the track but i think the guy could not drive it... looking back at this i think racing any bike at out level would be stupid. at least for the guy on the bike for sure.. i would not want the liability anyway...

scaleracer
09-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I raced a YZF-600 about two or three weeks ago and beat him pretty badly. He was pretty cool about it, gave me the thumbs up and complimented me on my car.

Busa's can be beaten by the way... just takes a really big turbo. ;) Once you start turbo'ing the busas though... then they get a little tough to beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqa_1syyFU

Nice! Looks like a good road to run on right there.. :shades

CobraSnake
09-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I raced a few 600's when I had my 04 cobra. I really only raced up to 3rd gear and I would be ahead everytime. But, about then they would start to pull so I just didn't race them past that point. My car was stock except for x pipe and cat back.

Mark

ND4SPD
09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Heh, 3rd gear is where I start my races with bikes.

pOrk
09-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Busa's are doing low 10s easy with a decent rider, my buddys GSXR should be low 9's before the snow hits aiming for high 8's. Its an 06 1000, just to give you an idea.

1siksrt
09-18-2008, 06:29 PM
70mph roll to 150mph 600 gixr, w/ power commander, exhaust and other little stuff.... Dead even and i had a 200lb passenger Chads brother:D

Breecher_7
09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Busa's are doing low 10s easy with a decent rider, my buddys GSXR should be low 9's before the snow hits aiming for high 8's. Its an 06 1000, just to give you an idea.

I want to race him Eric.....

I believe Jake has my old 1K running 10.20's with almost no seat time and suspension set for a 230lb rider as well, he could be a good race once he is dialed in....

CobraSnake
09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Heh, 3rd gear is where I start my races with bikes.

thats just the difference between a roots style supercharged cobra and a turboed supra. I had enough low end torque to go around.

Mark

HRSEPLA
09-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Bikes are easy pickins....

twicks69
09-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Bikes are easy pickins....

Agreed -- I am more afraid of Mustangs and T.T. Vipers than bikes (unless they are sporting a turbo bigger than my car).

ND4SPD
09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I agree on the Mustangs... never know for sure what the hell they have under the hood unless you look... and even then...

Darrell
09-20-2008, 08:50 AM
I can remember hearing stories about a Nova in Racine in the early-mid 90's that raced a Ninja on the street and beat it. That was a big deal back then and everyone knew about it. How big of a deal is that today? I imagine a Busa would be tough to beat. I know some of you guys have stories :thumbsup

I've raced alot of bikes on the street. Bikes are not that fast......at least not when you have a fast car.

Boostaddct
09-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I'd be willing to run some of you guys to see how you stand up against a 'Busa. Mine's just an '08 basically all-stock with around 180hp at the tire. It's got a mild 5" stretch and still on slippery Bridgestone.

Snoop and I had a little fun last night.... ;)

Boostaddct
09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Agreed -- I am more afraid of Mustangs and T.T. Vipers than bikes (unless they are sporting a turbo bigger than my car).

I'd love to run you for fun sometime Tim; Do you hang out around Milwaukee anymore? I haven't seen you forever.

ND4SPD
09-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Even though I'd need Tri's turbo to take down a 'Busa (mine's just a little bit too small)... I'll run you from a roll for fun.

Trutildeathxxx
09-20-2008, 04:59 PM
ive raced plenty of bikes on my sled at the track,they will out mph me but i beat them to the stripe 90% of the time. Most of the time it is because they either bad at launching or not that good of a driver.

Boostaddct
09-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Even though I'd need Tri's turbo to take down a 'Busa (mine's just a little bit too small)... I'll run you from a roll for fun.

I'm definitely up to run for fun whenever; I like to see how the bike matches up against fast cars. I've never had a chance to run Tri yet, but I'm pretty sure he will get by me in the top. Hopefully over winter with a few more mods and the spray I can feel confident about running him. From the sounds of it you have a Supra also correct?

ND4SPD
09-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Tri will probably go by you at the top as long as you stay in it, especially once you get to 150 or 160.

Yes, I have a Supra, though one with a small single turbo and stock internals and stock head. I *might* be able to catch up to you once triple-digit wind resistance comes into play, but that also depends on how many lengths you put on me at the start and whether you let off right away or not. I should be able to beat a 750 and maybe a 900 on high boost and C16... but the 1000cc+ I really dont think so.

Boostaddct
09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Tri will probably go by you at the top as long as you stay in it, especially once you get to 150 or 160.

Yes, I have a Supra, though one with a small single turbo and stock internals and stock head. I *might* be able to catch up to you once triple-digit wind resistance comes into play, but that also depends on how many lengths you put on me at the start and whether you let off right away or not. I should be able to beat a 750 and maybe a 900 on high boost and C16... but the 1000cc+ I really dont think so.

What do you trap or think you would trap in the 1/4? Are you running 6 speed, Toyota auto, or TH400? Sounds like it could be a fun race. I will definitely run Tri once he's running some stickier tires so he can get traction. His car definitely has some scary fast top end, but it doesn't feel the same fast as when you are on a bike. I was in the car with him when he walked on a 1000RR though so I know it has it in it.

T-Bag
09-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Beating most bikes isn't all that difficult if you have a somewhat near an 11-12 second car and are going from a roll. Especially a 600

A decent rider should be able to launch the shit out of most cars on the street...but its hard to find decent riders haha

I never raced a fast car on any of my bikes, but I'm sure a lot of cars here would have eaten me up from a roll

ND4SPD
09-21-2008, 03:03 PM
What do you trap or think you would trap in the 1/4? Are you running 6 speed, Toyota auto, or TH400? Sounds like it could be a fun race. I will definitely run Tri once he's running some stickier tires so he can get traction. His car definitely has some scary fast top end, but it doesn't feel the same fast as when you are on a bike. I was in the car with him when he walked on a 1000RR though so I know it has it in it.

I think my car traps 126 or 127... at least that's what it did the first time I had it at the track with the single. It's a stock Toyota 6-speed.

scottie K
09-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I have a raced a busa ...when Halfbreed was still a street car.....i think i had 4+cars on him... from a roll no doubt...

T-Bag
09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Busa's aren't hard to beat in any situation because from what I've noticed 70% of their riders can't ride. They just own a busa to own a busa.

I used to eat those things up with my 00' Honda Superhawk at GLD because no one knew how to launch.

Boostaddct
09-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Busa's aren't hard to beat in any situation because from what I've noticed 70% of their riders can't ride. They just own a busa to own a busa.

I used to eat those things up with my 00' Honda Superhawk at GLD because no one knew how to launch.

That can definitely be true; They are alot to handle, but if ridden correctly are tough to beat. The '08s are alot faster than the old ones too; Stock guys have ridden them to low 9s and average riders can trap 150-153mph on them. IMO it's harder to get a decent launch (1.7 60 ft. or better), but once it gets up and moving it pulls very hard.

T-Bag
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Never raced a new one before, actually I don't even know if I've seen a newer one running around.

No doubt they are very capable bikes...but have never been my style.

twicks69
09-23-2008, 08:04 AM
I'd love to run you for fun sometime Tim; Do you hang out around Milwaukee anymore? I haven't seen you forever.

I haven't had time to get down in quite a while. As of right now, the car is on the stands getting its motor pulled and upgraded, along with a new turbo. It will be out in spring. Shooting for very low 9's.

Old trap speeds were 148mph on 641AWHP, and I was expecting in the 155 mph region at my 766AWHP dyno experience last time before the turbo failed.

Boostaddct
09-24-2008, 12:41 AM
I haven't had time to get down in quite a while. As of right now, the car is on the stands getting its motor pulled and upgraded, along with a new turbo. It will be out in spring. Shooting for very low 9's.

Old trap speeds were 148mph on 641AWHP, and I was expecting in the 155 mph region at my 766AWHP dyno experience last time before the turbo failed.

I can't wait to see the new setup!!! It sounds like we would have been nearly even with the old setup....I am hoping to either have spray or possibly turbo if things go the way I want over winter.