PDA

View Full Version : Landmark Credit Union

Feature Pony
09-16-2008, 07:58 PM
THis credit union is the most f***ed up place to bank at!!!:fire I have a car loan through them and I keep getting notices about my insurance not being up to date, my insurance agent keeps faxing them what they need. I keep getting notices in the mail from this loan company that they are going to charge me $1000 every 6 months to cover the car. I keep going into this piece of s*** bank and the dumb*** people that work there don't know there *** from a hole in the ground. I get told one thing by the branch manager and this loan company says nope can't do it this way. I even get the crap in writing and they still don't stand by their s*** in writing!! I have full coverage on this car and I'm royaly pissed with this place. I wanted to refinance to a low rate which droped since I bought my car from 7.35% to 6.5% and they wanted me to pay $2400 cause that is what I would save by refinancing the car and that is their policy. BEWARE of this s*** hole bank they will try every which way to f*** you in the A** with out vasiline. I told this loan insurance company where to go and I will have the car paid off by the end of January and I will never bank with these jags again.:flipoff2:

So if your looking to get burned stop at landmark otherwise try a different bank. Rant off.

Karps TA
09-16-2008, 08:13 PM
I had good dealings with them years ago, but early this year when I wanted to refinance my house due to a low interest rate is was the biggest PITA ever and I ended up eating several hundred in fees and telling them to stick it. Royally ticked me off to lose the app fees, but in the end I'm happy I didn't end up going with them.

Feature Pony
09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
the people that work there really don't know what they are doing I ask for a sheet that you need to fill out to put your car in storage you ask anybody in the branch and they look at you like your talking Russian. And the girls that must be the loan officers know me by name and every time I go into the bank they say to me you need us to fax your insurance statement again while laughing about it. I think this loan insurance company that the have are just a**holes and don't want to help let alone I have to fight to get a name out of somebody, they always tell me you don't need my name, oh yes I do!! And the thing that really tees me off is in writing the branch manager wrote down I'm good for insurance and they would take care of this problem. 1 month later I went in and he tells me he never wrote and he never signed that, he told me it must of be forged?? these people are TOOLS. Be gald you didn't get your home refinance through them, otherwise you would of been stuck with this crap for the next 15-30years were as I have almost 2 years of dealing with it and thank god it will be paid off soon.

Yooformula
09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
that sounds like crap. what branch was this? I only deal with 1 person there and she has ALWAYS helped us out. I wont even talk to anyone else there.

Holeshot
09-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow I financed three cars with them and not one issue ever in 10 years.

Feature Pony
09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
that sounds like crap. what branch was this? I only deal with 1 person there and she has ALWAYS helped us out. I wont even talk to anyone else there.

27th st talked to 2 ladys (loan officers?)that work there they are the ones that know me by name and the branch manager who used to be at the franklin one is the guy that puts stuff in writing and doesn't stand by it. I go into the franklin one now cause I can't stand the yahoos that work at the 27th st location, but even the franklin branch I ask for a storage sheet to sign and they look at me clueless and say what does it look like and have you done one before? Somebody needs to get on the wagon and teach new employees what forms they need and what to fill out, cause I shouldn't have to go through all this BS!:fire

I could see if I was behind in my payments or the payoff on the car is more than what its worth, but I have $10k left to pay off on a 04 cobra and I took the loan out in May of 07 for $21k and the car only has 6000 miles so I know dam well that kbb isn't $10k for this car, so I'm not upside down.

GRAMPS SS
09-16-2008, 10:01 PM
dammm... i had my loan with them for the monte when they were on cleveland ave in new berlin,.....don't know if they are still there...but never had any problems with them at all..and never had to fill out any paper when the monte was in storage when i bought it and kept her tucked away for winter...the wife had her loan on her car with them as well...she's looking at another car...and they will hold the note on that car as well..this loan will be from the new office in germantown......

Slow Joe
09-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Hrmm, financed 4 cars through them, have a savings account, checking account, and a credit card with no issues. I have nothing but good reviews for them. They're more than friendly and accomidating, and any issues I ever had they took care of right away.

Then again, I do go to their New Berlin (Main) Office, and I use to go to their Brookfield (124th St) office... The one time that they sent me a letter about "non insurance" was when I changed insurance companies. I brought my insurance card in, and they took care of it right away... I think you just ran into some idiots, since my interactions with them have been exactly the opposite of what you're running into.

Edit:

I wanted to refinance to a low rate which droped since I bought my car from 7.35% to 6.5% and they wanted me to pay $2400 cause that is what I would save by refinancing the car and that is their policy.

That's kinda funny, I talked to them once about this not that long ago, and they said as long as I didn't owe more than it's value (negative equity, flipped or upside-down)I could do this at any time with no fees as long as I still qualify...

Trutildeathxxx
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
i just went through the same thing with my auto loan as well, i told them to get fu#@ed and transferred my loan to associated with a better rate and terms... f LCU

BlackLightning
09-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I'd try the main branch in new berlin. I financed two cars through them and have a savings account and have never had any problems.

Russ Jerome
09-16-2008, 11:34 PM
I've been a customer there since they were City First, before Landmark
sucked them up. No loans as of yet, looking at housing crap but they
have been pretty dam good for 12+ yrs... and Im a picky SOB!

srt4eh
09-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I've had lots of problems with them. As far as putting a car in storage over winter....they told me that I had to keep full coverage no matter what. Seems like they don't communicate very well. I don't know....I have 1 payment left and then my car is paid off :banana1:

GHOSST
09-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Landmark C.U. sucks major a$$. For them to be about the people they sure dont give a flying F*** about them.. As a military service member they dont give two sh!ts about deployment. I'm in Iraq right now, but before I left I tried to square away all my bills, and good ol Landmark was the only bill that I could not freeze. They could only offer to lower my interest rate to 3%, but not freeze the loan... A$$hats! Even after having them for years, my average personal loan rate is 13%/!!! My loans with my trusted Credit Union who had first, and for years now too, maybe a year apart they are, I have a 6% interest rate with them, and they'll freeze loans for deployed military!!!! When I finish my loan I have with Landmark now, there are getting cancelled!!!!!!!! Account deleted. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

srt4eh
09-17-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm in the same boat buddy

turbogarrett
09-17-2008, 06:41 AM
I had all the same insurance headaches with them. If you're buying a car that will be stored for winter, keep your sanity and avoid lcu. I have had other loans through them that went fine though.

SmokinRAM114
09-17-2008, 06:54 AM
damn Landmark i sware by. they always been good to me. my truck loan is through them.

animal
09-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Heh, I was going to be starting the home loan process with them soon actually. Maybe I'll call there and let the loan managers know that they lost my business now since they fvcked with you Rick. I should even give them your name so they know how much money the lost just cause of the grief they caused ya. I don't need to hear that shit happening about a place I'd be paying mountains of cash to for 30 years. **** that.

JC70SS
09-17-2008, 07:47 AM
I dealt with them once. No problems. I now deal with Guardian in Stallis.

BoosTT
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd try the main branch in new berlin. I financed two cars through them and have a savings account and have never had any problems.

Same here. I want to the new berlin one...

ND4SPD
09-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Go over to Summit Credit Union... they just opened a branch on Miller Parkway. I have an account at both Landmark and Summit and I'm pretty sure I will be closing the Landmark account and moving it to Summit.

MurphysLaw88GT
09-18-2008, 12:01 AM
My girlfriend works at Landmark and this is what she said...

Storage: you do NOT have to have full coverage on your vehicle while it is in storage. What you NEED is a Lay-Up form filled out and you need to have comprehensive ins. on the vehicle. The Lay-up is only good for 6 months so if you need it for longer than that you will need to fill out two.

Insurance problem: you can call member service 262-796-4500 and they will connect you with Allied Insurance (they do all of Landmarks insuance) and a rep from Allied can speak with your insurance agent and verify that you have the coverage on your vehicle. My GF has her car loan through Landmark and she had the same problems...but it wasn't Landmark it was her insurance company because instead of sending her actual policy which is good for an year they were sending a binder which are only good for 60-90 days.

She said if you need any help just PM me and I will give you her direct contact info