PDA

View Full Version : ICE already....

70 cutlass 442
09-16-2008, 03:28 AM
So im stepping out of sporties tonight (waukesha) and my right foot slips.... I thought it was maybe someones puke or a left over sandwich or something.... nope ICE... a small maybe 6x6" ish area of ice... Its sept 16th.... hopefully this is a sign of a cold and very snowy winter :D

Z28Envy
09-16-2008, 03:55 AM
:flipoff2: on the cold weather!:goof It is to early to hear that crap!:stare

Silver86
09-16-2008, 03:56 AM
what the ****! :(

Breecher_7
09-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Bring on the snow!!!!!! :banana

SmokinRAM114
09-16-2008, 06:35 AM
:wstupid its 39* here at work right now in waukesha:thumbsup

Poncho
09-16-2008, 07:23 AM
sweet, as soon as the snow hits I have no way to get to work. I may have to change my work hours just so nicole and I can each get to work.

jbiscuit
09-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Yay winter! :(

Yooformula
09-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Yay winter! :(

says the guy with AWD WAGON!!!

jbiscuit
09-16-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm not ready for winter AT ALL

mynameismike65
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
I love living here in the summer...but I want to kill myself when the weather turns to shit. As soon as Im done with college my ass is going back down south where I can drive the stang 24/7/365 and not have to worry about salt and rust. Florida FTMFW!!!!

07ROUSHSTG3
09-16-2008, 09:27 AM
hearing that story made my day like hearing yost got canned did yesterday.

the car gets put away this weekend and out comes the snowmobile! bring it on!!

CobraSnake
09-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't think its got below freezing how was there ice??

Mark

Mr Twigbert
09-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Less drinking and more working on my car..

Yooformula
09-16-2008, 10:53 AM
shit, I got put on less than 1k miles this summer due to being JOBLESS!

I AM NOT READY FOR WINTER!!!! I got through last winter because of how much time I spent outside but not this summer.

SmokinRAM114
09-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I love living here in the summer...but I want to kill myself when the weather turns to shit. As soon as Im done with college my ass is going back down south where I can drive the stang 24/7/365 and not have to worry about salt and rust. Florida FTMFW!!!!

ill take a few months of winter, cool summers over humid and hot as hell summers and a few months of hurricanes. at that you can keep florida.

shoooo32
09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
My 330xi wins for big snowy power drifts! I love snow emergencies. Cops are too busy with people in ditches to worry about me doing my best Sebastian Loeb impression.

Inspector13
09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
ill take a few months of winter, cool summers over humid and hot as hell summers and a few months of hurricanes. at that you can keep florida.

It's not that much more humid there then it is here. A tad on the warm side (I'm small and almost hairless so it ain't bad for me). The hurricanes I can do without.

I miss FL. :crying

Rocket Power
09-16-2008, 12:28 PM
So im stepping out of sporties tonight (waukesha) and my right foot slips.... I thought it was maybe someones puke or a left over sandwich or something.... nope ICE... a small maybe 6x6" ish area of ice... Its sept 16th.... hopefully this is a sign of a cold and very snowy winter :D

Just cold, no snow this winter:rolf

SmokinRAM114
09-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Just cold, no snow this winter:rolf

:flamet:nutkick:argue:slap:chair::punch: WE WILL HAVE MORE THEN LAST YEAR!!!!! LOL:goof

70 cutlass 442
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Less drinking and more working on my car..

that damned chrysler product is what drove me to :alcoholic..... that and a buddy in from out of town. :thumbsup

Fast SVT
09-16-2008, 02:01 PM
sweet, as soon as the snow hits I have no way to get to work. I may have to change my work hours just so nicole and I can each get to work.

uhhh, my wife's name is Nicole and I also drive an IBM.....

:stare

Mr Twigbert
09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm not looking forward to the snow but it's coming so no sense in crying about..

lordairgtar
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Florida FTMFL! I would rather deal with cold and snow than gators and flying cockroaches and hurricanes. I lived there for one year and that was too long. The whole state smells like fish, mouse turds and Ben-Gay.

CobaltSSTuner
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm seriously not looking forward to winter...especially after last winter... :(

SmokinRAM114
09-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Florida FTMFL! I would rather deal with cold and snow than gators and flying cockroaches and hurricanes. I lived there for one year and that was too long. The whole state smells like fish, mouse turds and Ben-Gay.

post of the thread ftmfw :rolf

Yooformula
09-16-2008, 04:41 PM

are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! for every complaint you have there, they have the same for here! Our mosquitos are the WORST I have seen anywhere! I lived there for many years and you can barely walk outside during the summer here. How often have you seen a gator in FLA? Probably NEVER! I lived there for 7 years and only endured 2 hurricanes....the rest are all tropical storms and what 3-4 a year? GIMME A BREAK! Thos BENGAY people come from HERE during the rest of the year! Have you ever actually LOOKED at the license plates? OMG!!!!! You can not like the heat and thats fine but the rest....COME ON! We have ghetto and mexican explosians here compared to what cubans there? IN CERTAIN AREAS!?!?!?! AT LEAST PUBLIC BUSSING DOESNT DROP THEM OFF IN BURBS AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO TO THE FUKKING MALLS!!!!!!!!!!!

CobaltSSTuner
09-16-2008, 04:52 PM
^^^plus i wouldn't dare go swimming in lake michigan lol

CobraSnake
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
^^^plus i wouldn't dare go swimming in lake michigan lol

why not. I used to get drunk with my buddies at lake Michigan when we were young and we used to go swimming all the time.

Mark

Yooformula
09-16-2008, 05:17 PM
sorry but the floating crap in the lake really turns me off...ever go to a real beach? with real sand NOT imported? just curious...

CobraSnake
09-16-2008, 05:26 PM
sorry but the floating crap in the lake really turns me off...ever go to a real beach? with real sand NOT imported? just curious...

yes I have. Oh and this was when I was like 14-17 so like 10 years since I've actually went swimming there.

Mark

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
I know Racine is viewed as the black hole ghetto of the world (and my neighborhood may be) but Racine has an awesome beach with a live music beer bar and the beach is loaded with great golden sand just like that found on the coasties, no floating crap either. In fact the last time I was at north beach I was in 5' deep water and could see my feet perfectly through the crystal clear waters, albeit very chilly waters.
Its nothing like what bradford beach looks like sand & water quality wise. :thumbsup

Imported sand and boats on some of the mudholes around here called inland lakes. :rolf
I swam in the ocean once, Daytona beach mid 90's. It was also cold and the saltwater gross. It was cool driving on the beach, tho I do that in Ratscene also . :shades

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Oh! forget about the point of the thread, ICE ? It was like 47 degree's last night ?
I am ready for winter I love winter and snow, as a bonus in the hood the I live in most the local yocals go into hibernation during the winter rendering the neighborhood mostly sane.

I would like to get a cheap sled for myself and a kitty cat for my daughter who will almost be 2 and a half in December but she is probably still a bit young, even for a kitty cat.
I will get her a kitty cat next year, even if I can't get a POS sled myself.

SmokinRAM114
09-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh! forget about the point of the thread, ICE ? It was like 47 degree's last night ?

when i got home last night around 10 my truck mirror said 35. I live in bum fu<k egypt tho. like mukwonago/waukesha area.

Cryptic
09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I was running in 3 inches of snow Friday
in the Rockies

Bring on the snow! I want to see what my new Bridgestone REVO's can do!

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
It does get colder out there first, thats crazy its that cold out west already. Come on NDN SUMMER.

mynameismike65
09-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I know Racine is viewed as the black hole ghetto of the world (and my neighborhood may be) but Racine has an awesome beach with a live music beer bar and the beach is loaded with great golden sand just like that found on the coasties, no floating crap either. In fact the last time I was at north beach I was in 5' deep water and could see my feet perfectly through the crystal clear waters, albeit very chilly waters.
Its nothing like what bradford beach looks like sand & water quality wise. :thumbsup

Imported sand and boats on some of the mudholes around here called inland lakes. :rolf
I swam in the ocean once, Daytona beach mid 90's. It was also cold and the saltwater gross. It was cool driving on the beach, tho I do that in Ratscene also . :shades

Oh come on you cant even compare Lake Michigan/Racine to Florida's beaches. There is NOTHING better then the hot Florida sun on your back as you stroll down the fine grain white sand beaches looking at hotties in thongs.Then you get in the water and it feels like your in a bath tub (with waves:thumbsup). If the sun gets too hot you can sit under a palm tree.:D

mynameismike65
09-16-2008, 06:36 PM
are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! for every complaint you have there, they have the same for here! Our mosquitos are the WORST I have seen anywhere! I lived there for many years and you can barely walk outside during the summer here. How often have you seen a gator in FLA? Probably NEVER! I lived there for 7 years and only endured 2 hurricanes....the rest are all tropical storms and what 3-4 a year? GIMME A BREAK! Thos BENGAY people come from HERE during the rest of the year! Have you ever actually LOOKED at the license plates? OMG!!!!! You can not like the heat and thats fine but the rest....COME ON! We have ghetto and mexican explosians here compared to what cubans there? IN CERTAIN AREAS!?!?!?! AT LEAST PUBLIC BUSSING DOESNT DROP THEM OFF IN BURBS AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO TO THE FUKKING MALLS!!!!!!!!!!!
+100000000000....you hit it right on the head. Where in Fl did you live?

Breecher_7
09-16-2008, 06:44 PM
I was running in 3 inches of snow Friday
in the Rockies

Bring on the snow! I want to see what my new Bridgestone REVO's can do!

Good man, you wont be dissapointed!

Z28Envy
09-16-2008, 07:29 PM
All of you should be slapped for talking about snow!!!:eek:

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh come on you cant even compare Lake Michigan/Racine to Florida's beaches. There is NOTHING better then the hot Florida sun on your back as you stroll down the fine grain white sand beaches looking at hotties in thongs.Then you get in the water and it feels like your in a bath tub (with waves:thumbsup). If the sun gets too hot you can sit under a palm tree.:D

I just said Racine has a real beach with lots of great native sand, a real "great" lake with real clear water, not imported sand mixed with dirt and weeds, dirty brown water with chunks floating in it and a muck bottom. :confused
To each their own. The great lakes basin is to me what FLA is to you. :thumbsup

Rocket Power
09-16-2008, 07:42 PM
All of you should be slapped for talking about snow!!!:eek:

The faster the winter gets here the faster I can tell the lies about how my car will be done next spring.:rolf

Reverend Cooper
09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
you couldnt pay me enough to swim in that turd infested water.snow sucks but now that i have a place to ride and store a snomobile i may just buy one

0TransAm0
09-16-2008, 09:04 PM
can't wait till the snow starts flyin.. i wanna drag out the sled.

Cryptic
09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
The faster the winter gets here the faster I can tell the lies about how my car will be done next spring.:rolf

x2

GRAMPS SS
09-16-2008, 10:10 PM
bring on the snow.....it only lasts for a bit..then it's fall again....welcome to wisconsin....and dan....get a beater for winter.....

70challenger452
09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
man I went home for the weekend and it seems much more like summer down in waukesha then it does up here in the UP. I'm one of the only ones left up here still walking around in t-shirt and shorts, other than today it feels like late october.

lordairgtar
09-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't forget, I lived in Santa Barbara, California and it's environs for eight years, and the beaches there are 10 times better than the ones in FLA (and even here...sorry) As far as mosquitos, the ones in Alaska are worse than the ones here. This year wasn't too bad for them and I live in a semi rural area surrounded by water. I don't ever shop in Malls and the buses don't come to Muskego. I get along fine with the "messkins". If you think there are no ghettos in Florida, obviously you haven't been to St Pete or Tampa.

Al
09-17-2008, 09:28 PM

I'll second that mosquito comment.

When I was riding around on my bike in TN/NC, the mosquitos seemed to lessen as I progressed south. There are other winged insects, but those eat the mosquitos for you.

I'm beginning to search for jobs right now, and the criteria excludes Wisconsin!

In regards to the cold, cool air tends to pool in low areas. You can experience this very well on a motorcycle when going down country roads with 20-ft elevation changes. There is probably a 5 degree difference there alone. I am not surprised that a small pocket of sub-zero (celsius) air will be found when the thermometer reads 37 deg when it is 4 feet off the ground.

70 cutlass 442
09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I dont get why everyone complains about the weather here, its not like no one knew that it gets cold and snows here.

Al
09-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I dont get why everyone complains about the weather here, its not like no one knew that it gets cold and snows here.

I'm kinda stuck here, but just for a little more time.

mynameismike65
09-17-2008, 09:47 PM

I didnt move here by choice...and Im stuck here because of college

70 cutlass 442
09-17-2008, 09:50 PM
I didnt move here by choice...and Im stuck here because of college

then its time to buy a snowmobile and make the best of it :thumbsup

mynameismike65
09-17-2008, 10:10 PM
then its time to buy a snowmobile and make the best of it :thumbsup

hahaha.....I wish I wasnt such a puss when it comes to cold weather because it is pretty fun. A jet ski is more my style though:D

70 cutlass 442
09-18-2008, 12:16 AM
hahaha.....I wish I wasnt such a puss when it comes to cold weather because it is pretty fun. A jet ski is more my style though:D

Honestly, you will sweat your ass off %95 of the time if you ride around here, this last year i rode most the time with my jacket open standing up to get more air flow, if it got chillie, id just sit down until i warm back up.... the gear these days is designed so well that even the cheap stuff will keep you warm.

Trutildeathxxx
09-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Honestly, you will sweat your ass off %95 of the time if you ride around here, this last year i rode most the time with my jacket open standing up to get more air flow, if it got chillie, id just sit down until i warm back up.... the gear these days is designed so well that even the cheap stuff will keep you warm.

agreed, everyone i ride with takes there liners out of there jackets the first ride of the year and never put them back in, my sled has no hand warmers or windshield and i have no problems getting cold at all. and if anyone is looking for a sled, i got one for sale, a 99 mach 1, 1000 miles on the motor in super good condition.

Rocket Power
09-18-2008, 10:26 PM
then its time to make friends with people that own an extra snowmobile so you don't have buy one since you can only ride like 3 days a year down here and make the best of it :thumbsup
Fixed:rolf

70 cutlass 442
09-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Fixed:rolf

Oh come on, last year i got just shy of 500 miles on, that was working full time and trailier my sleds only to phantom lake...... And thats why i only own one..... because people like you will all the sudden show up on the first snow fall :thumbsup

SmokinRAM114
09-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Oh come on, last year i got just shy of 500 miles on, that was working full time and trailier my sleds only to phantom lake...... And thats why i only own one..... because people like you will all the sudden show up on the first snow fall :thumbsup

1150mi here. 1040 were put on in waukesha and surounding countys