PDA

View Full Version : Storage Units, revisited

wrath
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM
So, I'm in need of a storage unit. I need it to be at least 10' deep inside measurement and have at least a 5' doorway. And preferably cheap and lets me go month-to-month.

There was a thread about this recently. (http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28696)

Scenic Self Storage on Silvernail is really close to me but it's a bit pricey. (http://www.scenicselfstorage.com/sizes.php)

Any suggestions?

Waver
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
how far do you want to go?

SLOWC5
09-15-2008, 11:44 AM
do you need access to the area all the time? possibly could have storage available for you pending your need to access all the time? PM if interested

JEFF

wrath
09-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I suppose I should have said where I was looking. oops.

It depends on what the hours of operation are and how much it is. I'm located at Exit 293 on I94. I'm trying to stay under $100/month. Bigger is better and I'd rather not go more than 20 minutes. Hours of operation are more of a convenience thing. I work ~8-~5 but for the most part can come and go as I please. It's just that I have to wear business attire which isn't great for moving crap.

Basically, I'm trying to fit a 3 bedroom + outbuilding + basement of stuff in my 2 bedroom apartment here.... plus at my parents' I have my 20' car hauler full of crap, a 4x9 trailer full of crap, 8x12 shed full of crap, and the bed of my 84K10 pickup packed full of stuff. I still have some stuff at my place that I'm closing on at the end of the month in Michigan.

I have a small trailer (just under 10' total length) worth of crap... plus some more that needs a home starting this weekend.

The biggest problem is that not all my stuff is easily moved. Most of my "storage" stuff is in Rubbermaid Roughneck containers but some stuff isn't. And I really don't want anyone rifling through my stuff so those Craigslist storage ads are exciting me any.

UnderPSI
09-15-2008, 05:07 PM
We should be up and running in Dec. with the first two buildings. I will keep you updated.