PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS vs. COWBOYS - 9/21

Car Guy
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Well this will be a VERY good test for how good the Packers really are, I say they win by 7.....:headbang

xxtremeteam
09-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Should be a good close game Im thinking greenbay by 3

0TransAm0
09-15-2008, 02:34 PM
greenbay by 6

Karps TA
09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll wait to see how Dallas looks tonite. Kinda hard to make a prediction after only seeing them play Cleveland. If they blow out Philly then they'll crush the Packers.

Holeshot
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Depends on how strong healthy the offense is and if they can get the penalties corrected
Dallas has a short week but I don't expect to hinder them . If D can stop the run and gang up on Harris like they usually do Dallas will win by 7. If not then I see the Pack by 5

Poncho
09-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Dallas by 17

Car Guy
09-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I forgot about Dallas' game tonight against Philly :durr , shows you how closely I follow the NFL other than the Packers.....:goof

Cjburn
09-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately, Dallas is going to be the best team in the league. I'd be happy if the Packers are within 2 touchdowns of them, they are very good.

1siksrt
09-15-2008, 07:52 PM
GB is gonna put the beat down on tony HOMO:rolf

Reverend Cooper
09-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Green Bay and Philly will both be victims of the Dallas train

RanJer
09-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Dallas by 14, but GB will be winning until 5 minutes before the end of the game. They seem to like to give up lots of points at the end... :lame:

Reverend Cooper
09-15-2008, 11:01 PM
well i must say albeit terrible play early on from Romo he stood up and did what he had to do,the defense really showed up in the last 4 min. of the game. where was it the other three quarters tho. chooo chooo the train keeps rolling

Brian98GTP
09-15-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm hoping for a GB win.... but I have a feeling Dallas' offense is going to be running circles around the GB defense.
I say Dallas stomps GB.... like, 42-17 or something of the like. :(

CobraSnake
09-16-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm going to say its going to be a close one. GB=24 to 21=dallas

Karps TA
09-16-2008, 11:34 AM
After seeing last nights game, I'm not sure how GB is going to match up with Dallas's speed. TO is so much faster then anyone GB has on defense. And if they double TO constantly Whitten will eat them up in the middle. I think GB can score on Dallas as well, although Dallas DL is way better at rushing the passer then anything GB has seen in 2 games. Min line is built more to stop the run, where Dal has some great pass rushers.

So I'm saying 38-28 Dal.

I just hope McCarthy has a better gameplan for the game then he had last year with Favre. The whole let's kep chucking it 40 yards down the field thing, really didn't work, and it wasn't until Rodgers came in that he went back to the short passing game that they were using all season came back and started to work.

Yooformula
09-16-2008, 01:03 PM
I dont see GB scoring as high as Philly did. I really dont see a high GB score at all, but the more I think about it, the more I see Dallas winning bigtime.

DirtyMax
09-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Sad as it may be to say, Romo is twice the QB Kitna or Jackson are. The Packers have yet to face a decent balanced offense (MN= Run No Pass. DET=Good WR's no RB's) and the Detroit game was much closer than the score indicates.. Kitna just plain started taking stupid pills at the end.

With MN, AP was taking it to them until they woke up and realized that the Vikings have no passing game so "hmmm.. let's stuff 8 in the box and make them pass"....

I think the Packers should be fortunate to be within 2 TD's at the end.:(

Woodson nor Harris can run with TO anymore and Crayton and Witten are going to cause even more fits. Then toss in Barber and Felix Jones and you have even more for the D to worry about.

The Packer fan in me really hopes I'm eating crow in a week but the realist in me thinks otherwise...

CobaltSSTuner
09-16-2008, 04:50 PM
I like green bay but idk. Our offense should be fine. Dallas has a good d-line, but rodgers can scramble. What does kind of worry me is the o-line and their false start penalties. The packers won't be able to afford giving up yards like that when playing dallas.

I'm worried about our defense a little. It seems like we have a solid linebacking core, but double teaming t.o will only do so much because its going to open up other receivers. If the packers can put pressure on romo, he'll choke and throw interceptions. Thats what they need to do. And if you ask me, thats the only way they are going to beat the cowboys, is if they put pressure on romo.

HAMRHEAD
09-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Sad as it may be to say, Romo is twice the QB Kitna or Jackson are. The Packers have yet to face a decent balanced offense (MN= Run No Pass. DET=Good WR's no RB's) and the Detroit game was much closer than the score indicates.. Kitna just plain started taking stupid pills at the end.

With MN, AP was taking it to them until they woke up and realized that the Vikings have no passing game so "hmmm.. let's stuff 8 in the box and make them pass"....

I think the Packers should be fortunate to be within 2 TD's at the end.:(

Woodson nor Harris can run with TO anymore and Crayton and Witten are going to cause even more fits. Then toss in Barber and Felix Jones and you have even more for the D to worry about.

The Packer fan in me really hopes I'm eating crow in a week but the realist in me thinks otherwise...

That is exactly the way I feel about the game :(

1siksrt
09-17-2008, 11:43 AM
pack 35 Dallas 31

Cleveland Dave
09-17-2008, 12:05 PM
packers cannot stop the cowboys this year

Irish
09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Dallas for the win. If you look at it this way, it's a win-win situation for WI since Romo is from WI.

Car Guy
09-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Good way of looking at it Irish, and I'm sure the media will milk that cow 243,000 times in the days leading up to the game......:rolleyes:

CobraSnake
09-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Good way of looking at it Irish, and I'm sure the media will milk that cow 243,000 times in the days leading up to the game......:rolleyes:

you had to use a cow milking reference when talking about wisconsin??:goof

T-Bag
09-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I say there will be 23 Brett Favre references, down from last week

CobraSnake
09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
I say there will be 23 Brett Favre references, down from last week

I watch my games at the bar so I don't even hear the announcers talk. So I guess i'm lucky. Merry's on 51st and Howard, all you can drink beer=$5.75 mixers=$6.75. Free pool on Monday's and Free pool on sundays at 3pm and after.

Mark

T-Bag
09-18-2008, 05:42 PM
I watch my games at the bar so I don't even hear the announcers talk. So I guess i'm lucky. Merry's on 51st and Howard, all you can drink beer=$5.75 mixers=$6.75. Free pool on Monday's and Free pool on sundays at 3pm and after.

Mark

Nice, can't beat those prices!

CobraSnake
09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Nice, can't beat those prices!

Thats why we go there every packer/brewers game. Plus I know the bartender.

Mark

Mr. Brett
09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Dallas by 10.

Reverend Cooper
09-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Chooooo chooooo says the train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holeshot
09-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Depends on how strong healthy the offense is and if they can get the penalties corrected
Dallas has a short week but I don't expect to hinder them . If D can stop the run and gang up on Harris like they usually do Dallas will win by 7. If not then I see the Pack by 5
Wasn't to far off. Harris went out early Big Loss there and Bigby Didn't start.
I figured 7 not 11 :shades

fivonut
09-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Chooooo chooooo says the train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it'll run outa gas 10 feet before the station just like it has the last two years.:goof:goof:goof

Reverend Cooper
09-21-2008, 10:56 PM
it would have been more but dallas let them eat up the clock with the last drive. watching rodgers get sacked was pricelsee. no throwing td's either lol

Reverend Cooper
09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
and it'll run outa gas 10 feet before the station just like it has the last two years.:goof:goof:goof

it will be 10 feet farther than the pack,i never said they WILL win the superbowl,just beat the packers for the fisrt time ever in green bay,they did.considering the dalas' division is much tougher than the packs im sure they will still do fine,until the playoffs

fivonut
09-21-2008, 11:03 PM
it will be 10 feet farther than the pack,i never said they WILL win the superbowl,just beat the packers for the fisrt time ever in green bay,they did.considering the dalas' division is much tougher than the packs im sure they will still do fine,until the playoffs

As the Patriots found out last year, the season is meaningless without that final win.

Mr. Brett
09-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Dallas by 10.

Car Guy
09-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Well I thought Green Bay was going to be able to keep up with Dallas after watching the first quarter action but in the end they just couldn’t hang. There is really nothing to talk about, the Cowboys wanted to win more than the Packers so I will tip my hat to them.....:crying

HAMRHEAD
09-22-2008, 02:22 AM
The Packers did well considering. The Cowboys caught some lucky bounces with turnovers and got beat on 2 big plays. The Pack needs some sort of explosive offense that can continually move the ball. That D just plain got tired against that big offensive line of the Cowboys. The Cowboys just have more weapons and the Pack isn't very dominating on either side of the ball :crying.

On a side note I think Marion Barber gets way to much credit. He has great stats but christ! Running behind that line who couldn't help but always get the 1st or the short yardage goal. Not that he sucks but come on.

lilws6
09-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Anouther one bites the dust WHOO!

Reverend Cooper
09-22-2008, 06:58 PM
The Packers did well considering. The Cowboys caught some lucky bounces with turnovers and got beat on 2 big plays. The Pack needs some sort of explosive offense that can continually move the ball. That D just plain got tired against that big offensive line of the Cowboys. The Cowboys just have more weapons and the Pack isn't very dominating on either side of the ball :crying.

On a side note I think Marion Barber gets way to much credit. He has great stats but christ! Running behind that line who couldn't help but always get the 1st or the short yardage goal. Not that he sucks but come on.

half the time he is running behind jason whitten, he is not big at all Barber is awesome give credit when its due

HAMRHEAD
09-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Don't feel it is due! Now Barry Sanders was a great back. Terrible team and still put on a performance. Barber doesn't impress me.

Car Guy
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I will agree that Dallas' offensive line is dominating but Barber is still a STRONG and skilled running back. He was making people 'miss' tackles left and right because of his strength.....

Reverend Cooper
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
^ exactly

u_say_go
09-22-2008, 09:44 PM
that goofball needs to cut off that nappy weave! his helmet doesnt even fit right cuz of that rats nest, his face is like a 1/2 inch from his facemask. dude can run the ball though!

moels
09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I always thought it was weird how his face was almost touching his facemask. I wonder how during contact he doesn't end up with a bloody face from that. Helmet must be tight as heck.

Irish
09-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Dallas for the WIN! WOOT!