PDA

View Full Version : hold on to your pants!

95mustang302
09-15-2008, 06:46 AM
If any of you have been following the financial unfoldings during the weekend, this is going to be a historic and crazy week in the market. Lehman Brothers has said they are going to file for bankruptcy, and Merrill Lynch is most likely going to be aquired by Bank of America.

And the icing on the cake is that oil has slid well under 100 dollars and was trading as low as 93 before the markets even opened, and yet gas prices have spiked due to refiner outages...

This could be very interesting before its all over...

Mr Twigbert
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
I'd run to the bank to pull all my money out............ But................ I don't have any..

Karps TA
09-15-2008, 12:12 PM
And the icing on the cake is that oil has slid well under 100 dollars and was trading as low as 93 before the markets even opened, and yet gas prices have spiked due to refiner outages...

Wholesale gas prices have fallen almost $.20 today oddly enough.

y2kws6
09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
I refinanced today as the interest rate dropped to a low of 5.6125%. Kinda sux that when my broker called me it was at that rate with zero points and after calling jacki to confirm the go ahead and calling back within 2 minutes the rate stayed the same but it added .125 points to closing. At least I got the rate because as I was sealing the deal the brokers agent came around telling everyone that rates just went back up to 5.858%

Dan