PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a quick STREET CAR

WilliamZ
09-14-2008, 10:00 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Buschur-Racing-RS-9s-on_183131.htm

That might have not worked.

CLICK ON THIS (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Buschur-Racing-RS-9s-on_183131.htm)

SmokinRAM114
09-14-2008, 10:14 PM
nice 1/8mi times....

jk dayum that thing is cool. i think if they could get it to hook itll do 8s. looks like it spins quite a bit on the launch

LIZMO
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
thats one fast street carr!

Car Guy
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM
:stare :wooo :wow :drool: :eek:

HITMAN
09-14-2008, 10:31 PM
What's in the cardboard box? Flux capacitor? Weak sauce...

:rolf:thumbsup

scaleracer
09-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Pretty Impressive for an import.. I think it will go 8's once they get it to hook..

That_Guy
09-14-2008, 11:08 PM
now thats a true street car... somebody should show that to tuffenuff.. dude doesnt even have a cage

HY35F2T
09-14-2008, 11:15 PM
i wonder what they had to do so they could run it without a cage?Pump gas hmm.

Sprayaway Fox
09-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Quick put it in the trailer before something breaks!:rolf Those things are great cars but I think that thing would be on the side of the road alot.

HY35F2T
09-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Quick put it in the trailer before something breaks!:rolf Those things are great cars but I think that thing would be on the side of the road alot.

me too i have a feeling if they drove it like a true street car it would need a rebuild every few weeks.

cool none the less.

id like to know the setup there running.

GRAMPS SS
09-14-2008, 11:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ YEA HOW DOES THAT WORK..no safety equipment..mainly a cage...for not 1...not 2...not 3 but 6 ....9 sec passes and they didn't kick him off the track for no cage a safety issue i'm sure.....but let him run.....

Sprayaway Fox
09-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I know:
"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)--------------~['(@)***(@)_'\

That is the best one I have seen!:rolf:rolf:rolf

DSMDuDE
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Its David Buschur, he pretty much owns that track in Ohio.. lol

$$$ = :thumbsup

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
i like their launch control

WilliamZ
09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Here is the mod list

BR Stage 3 shortblock, aluminum rods. Standard bore, 2 liter
BR Stage 3 head
BF 272 cams
BR turbo kit with our new FS635 turbo.
BR 3" turbo back with one bullet muffler.
BR Coil on Plug ignition
BR Race FMIC
Wilson V2 Intake Manifold
AEM EMS
BR double pumper
1200 cc injectors
Stock fuel pressure regulator
Stock fuel lines, feed and return
Stock axles
Stock transfer case
Stock rear end, original
Bushwacker Stage 1 trans, 2nd year on it
Tilton clutch
BR lightweight center member
BR lightweight diff mounts
BR mustache bar
Apexi N1 suspension
Robi Spec rear sway bar
Bear front stock sized rotors
Giro stock sized rear rotors
Factory Brembo brakes w/Hawk pads
Pioneer double DIN DVD/CD/FM blah blah
6 upgraded speakers
Full carpet, door panels, head liner, factory seats and all seat belts, back seat and package tray all installed.
NOTHING has ever been cut out of the car.
Factory air bags are inplace and functional.
Robi spec carbon fiber hood and trunk lid.
JDM EVO8 rear bumper cover
BR rear diffuser
BR front fascia carbon fiber block off plates
DEVO Driveshaft

awsomeears
09-14-2008, 11:47 PM
That's very impressive, this car could do some damage at RSD or money race's. Hell since its AWD starting out of the groove won't be a big deal. I'm sure the tires would spin but eventually grab and go !!!

Pure Sleeper

awsomeears
09-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Bushwacker Stage 1 trans, 2nd year on it

Now that is Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!

That car is beat on and its the 2nd year :wooo

HY35F2T
09-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Pump gas boost, 31 was peak.
Race gas boost, 40 was peak.
Slicks.
Turbo is something new, FS635
Pump gas the car made 545.
Race gas the car made 635.

That_Guy
09-15-2008, 12:30 AM
i like their launch control

wot box ftw....

you can have one for 300 dollars...

BadAzzGTA89
09-15-2008, 06:46 AM
That is sick :drool:
I like how it still has the interior to carry the kids around for those quick trips to the store!!

jbiscuit
09-15-2008, 07:45 AM
nice. It moves out good too. Sweet daily driver! :rolf

Syclone0044
09-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Good video. I remember reading about that guy a few months ago on a DSM board. He was rather secretive about some stuff. Someone asked about his spark advance and he pretty much insulted them for even asking. He said it would take at least $25K to get a stock evo to make 600 HP at the wheels.

79SS
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
WOW!! That cars good for a cage,fire jacket,fire pants,gloves,neck collar,5 point harness,competition license,and a parachute.I can't believe they let him keep running.:wow

WhatsADSM
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
wot box ftw....

you can have one for 300 dollars...

Pretty sure it's the launch limiter in the EMS

Got Boost
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ YEA HOW DOES THAT WORK..no safety equipment..mainly a cage...for not 1...not 2...not 3 but 6 ....9 sec passes and they didn't kick him off the track for no cage a safety issue i'm sure.....but let him run.....
At least hes at the track... Who cares years ago I made may passes without the proper safety equipment . Spiro Pappas used to do it all the time also.. Let him run .... Thats the problem everyones too safety conscious...

79SS
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
At least hes at the track... Who cares years ago I made may passes without the proper safety equipment . Spiro Pappas used to do it all the time also.. Let him run .... Thats the problem everyones too safety conscious...

Someone has payed a price for every rule in the rule book,that's why they are their.More often than not people get LUCKY and nothing bad happens.Remember though,it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone.If we let an 8 sec car run with no safety gear and god forbid something bad happens and the guy or girl crashes and dies we'd be in a world of s**t.Insurance would most likely not cover the accident because we didn't follow the safety guidelines put in place by the NHRA and most likely the persons family turns around and sues the track because we were negligent by not enforcing safety rules.

Got Boost
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Someone has payed a price for every rule in the rule book,that's why they are their.More often than not people get LUCKY and nothing bad happens.Remember though,it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone.If we let an 8 sec car run with no safety gear and god forbid something bad happens and the guy or girl crashes and dies we'd be in a world of s**t.Insurance would most likely not cover the accident because we didn't follow the safety guidelines put in place by the NHRA and most likely the persons family turns around and sues the track because we were negligent by not enforcing safety rules.perhaps you are correct but I know 3 years ago a good portion of the 10 inch tire guys didnot have comp licenses...So I realize what you are saying , but real street racers dont care about the safety issue , which now that cars are going faster and faster its a real big problem ...

Syclone0044
09-15-2008, 10:04 PM
something bad happens and the guy or girl crashes and dies we'd be in a world of s**t.Insurance would most likely not cover the accident because we didn't follow the safety guidelines put in place by the NHRA and most likely the persons family turns around and sues the track because we were negligent by not enforcing safety rules.

If that's true then why do we (drivers and spectators) always have to sign away our life in the "dangerous event" liability waiver?

Syclone0044
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
On another forum they reposted a response from David Buschur himself, pretty interesting.. I'm curious how they get 700awhp out of the GT35R which is rated at 640 crank HP on www.turbobygarrett.com? :confused

Hi guys.

I'm David, the owner of the car and I've had a few turbo Buicks and a few old Buicks too.

Details on the car. For those of you wondering.
2004 Mitsubishi Evolution RS
122 cubic inch stock block
stock crank
stock head casting

Engine is our BR (Buschur Racing) Stage 3, which is all balanced, upgraded rods and pistons.
Head is our BR Stage 3, which is ported, upgraded springs/retainers, valves and o-ringed.

The turbo is just a new version of a GT35r. The car has made 700 whp on our Mustang AWD dyno in the past. This particular day it was dyno'd only in 3rd gear (which produces lower numbers as it is not 1:1) and it made 635 whp. Our dyno for reference reads very low compared to a Dynojet.

Back to the engine.

Engine runs a set of our custom ground cams, about .420 lift is all, hydraulic, stock lifters, stock rockers.

BR air to air front mount
BR 2.5" upper and lower i/c pipes
BR lightweight battery kit
BR coil on plug ignition
BR double pumper, stock fuel lines, stock fuel pressure regulator
1200 cc injectors (120 #'s)
BR fuel rail
Wilson Manifolds ported stock intake manifold
BR 65 mm throttle body
BR 3" turbo back exhaust with our bullet muffler
AEM EMS for fuel management, which I do the tuning on

The transmission is stock, it was rebuilt with new syncros in the spring of 2007. Transfer case, front axles, rear axles and rear differential are all stock. The driveshaft is a 2 piece standard steel unti from DEVO Tuning.

I have raced this car hard since it was new in 2004. In that time it has broken one stock drivers side axle and one aftermarket transfer case I tried. No other driveline parts have ever broken.

The car, if driven on the highway at 65-70 mph, will get 28+ mpg.

The boost on the 9.72 pump gas run was 31 psi peak. I turned it down for the next one to 28 and it ran the 9.78.

On the race gas passes the peak boost was 40, the datalog never hit 41.

I honestly didn't expect the car to go as fast as it did. I've been very stubborn in the past and refused to run a slick on the car because it is my street car. We've always run it on Hoosier QTP DOT's. The car ran a best of 9.42 at 155.78 mph with those tires.

The car was up 35 whp from the last time we ran it and we put the slicks on. I expected, on a really good run, to maybe see a 9.2X and that was my goal for this year. Needless to say three 9.1's in a row left me pretty happy.

How reliable is the engine? Extremely, you guys would be shocked. The last two problems I had were both from some failure that was a "freak". I lost a cam sensor which hurt the cylinder head. Just bolted another head back on. Right now two of the cylinders are down a little and it is probably from the sensor going, obviously it's not hurting it too much. haha

As for the 8 second EVO in Florida that is sometimes mentioned. There isn't one. I'm not sure who was being referred to but there are only 3, 8 second EVO8-9's in the country right now. They are all gutted tin cans, one of which I own. AMS, Buschur Racing and a guy named Brandon from New Jersey are the only EVO's to have run 8's. Our full blown drag car with a GT42r on it has only run 8.8 at 172.74 mph, MPH is there but the ET sucks considering how fast my car ran. My car is also quite a bit heavier than our drag car. We are going to work on that as the other car should be running in the low-low 8's but getting the suspenstion/trans to cooperate with 1,000+ whp is proving to be very difficult. As a matter of fact we put a small T67 Ptrim on the car and it ran 8.96 at 166 mph, nearly as quick with 250 less HP.

I just don't want to go bigger on the turbo, a GT35r is pretty laggy on a 2 liter as it is and takes some of the fun out of driving it. Going bigger than that makes it just suck on the street in my opinion. Right now it makes 20 psi at about 4800 rpm, peak torque is about 6200 rpm, it will rev to over 10,000 rpm without a problem but the power band doesn't call for it for it to go fast. Shifts are made at about 9,000 and I think we'd have gone faster if we had dropped them down to 8500 rpm instead. We'll try that next time. Shifting at 9,000 had the car dropping to 7,000 on the gear change which was after peak torque and not ideal.

This car is no joke, it is extremely reliable is driven on the street, it drives extremely well, not really much different that stock other than the clutch being grabby and it being louder.

Reverend Cooper
09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
hey and it didnt even break

BeesTwinEG
09-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Pump gas boost, 31 was peak.
Race gas boost, 40 was peak.
Slicks.
Turbo is something new, FS635
Pump gas the car made 545.
Race gas the car made 635.

that car makes well over 700 AWHP+ trapping that MPH on 17' slicks.
635 whp evo traps between 135-140mph.

sickass street evo i've ever seen.:thumbsup

by the way 3582R can make over 650 whp and its been done three times at our dyno with three different set-ups.

HAMRHEAD
09-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Sweet car but there is a bit of an advantage to not having to run a full cage and chute while trying to meet your goals. Over and over. Like I said still a badass car though.

wikked
09-17-2008, 11:31 AM
WOW!! That cars good for a cage,fire jacket,fire pants,gloves,neck collar,5 point harness,competition license,and a parachute.I can't believe they let him keep running.:wow

like was said earlier... he practically owns the track :P