PDA

View Full Version : Astros fans get screwed!

Lash
09-13-2008, 10:50 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080913&content_id=3467132&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

How is that fair?

The wasn't ANY other place to have the games but the closest park to Chicago?

:punch:

mrz28M6
09-14-2008, 12:43 AM
anyone going to go to the games? i kind of want to go on monday!

spindler27
09-14-2008, 01:14 AM
i would go if the tix were $10 like last year when cleveland played here, but because its so close to Chicago they can charge full price because it'll be 90% chicago fans

Larrygto
09-14-2008, 08:51 AM
The question is; if you go who are you going to rout for?

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 09:58 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080913&content_id=3467132&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

How is that fair?

The wasn't ANY other place to have the games but the closest park to Chicago?

:punch:

last i checked US Cellular is a lot closer to wrigley then Miller.......but GO CUBS

Greg@GLD
09-14-2008, 10:23 AM
last i checked US Cellular is a lot closer to wrigley then Miller.......but GO CUBS

I think he meant "closest NATIONAL league park to Chicago"

Regardless, this was a very crappy thing to do to the Astros, even a Cub fan should be able to see that. This gives the Cubs two more home games. You can bet the farm these games will have HUGE amounts of Cub fans, and that isn't right. Houston is on a tear and making a serious run for the playoffs, and taking away two home games is a pretty big deal. Playing these games at "Wrigley Field NORTH" is grossly unfair. They should have played them in a neutral zone or somewhere much closer to Houston.

Bud Selig strikes again...

Karps TA
09-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Where else were they going to go? There's rain all over the country right now, and only 2 weeks left in the season. They gotta play the games, and with us having a roof, it was the best destination to still even get some fans to the game. Especially since it worked out so well when Cleveland came to town last year.

mrz28M6
09-14-2008, 10:44 AM
i saw today they're considering this a marquee game and tickets are like 25-60?? wtf! i think they know they can get easy money from the FIBS!

Larrygto
09-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Just bought two tickets!! Go Cubs!!

T-Bag
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
wah wah wah poor astros wah wah. These guys are professionals and I'm sure they are grateful that we have a stadium capable of hosting a game no matter how shitty it is. There isn't time to put off these games a whole lot and Miller Park is a haven of sorts seeing as how the whole f'n middle of the country is getting poored on and we're one of the few with a retractable roof in the country. Why risk having an already delayed game getting rained out in an open air ballpark?

P.S. Go cubs

Car Guy
09-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I would go on Monday but I'm not going to pay $25+ for a ticket on top of parking etc.....:chair:

mrz28M6
09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
ditto justin!

Greg@GLD
09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
wah wah wah poor astros wah wah. These guys are professionals and I'm sure they are grateful that we have a stadium capable of hosting a game no matter how shitty it is. There isn't time to put off these games a whole lot and Miller Park is a haven of sorts seeing as how the whole f'n middle of the country is getting poored on and we're one of the few with a retractable roof in the country. Why risk having an already delayed game getting rained out in an open air ballpark?

P.S. Go cubs

Yea, wah wah... Wouldn't it be fun to see the shoe on the other foot. Take the games from Wrigley and play them in Texas...

Nobody from Chicago or a Cub fan would complain. No sir! They would say "oh well so what! Go Cubs!

:rolf

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 11:44 AM
I think he meant "closest NATIONAL league park to Chicago"

Regardless, this was a very crappy thing to do to the Astros, even a Cub fan should be able to see that. This gives the Cubs two more home games. You can bet the farm these games will have HUGE amounts of Cub fans, and that isn't right. Houston is on a tear and making a serious run for the playoffs, and taking away two home games is a pretty big deal. Playing these games at "Wrigley Field NORTH" is grossly unfair. They should have played them in a neutral zone or somewhere much closer to Houston.

Bud Selig strikes again...

like many have said, the whole country is getting rained on right now....and for the few areas that aren't, they are under water (ie houston etc.)

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Yea, wah wah... Wouldn't it be fun to see the shoe on the other foot. Take the games from Wrigley and play them in Texas...

Nobody from Chicago or a Cub fan would complain. No sir! They would say "oh well so what! Go Cubs!

:rolf

guess it's a good thing there's no astro's fans on this site

Greg@GLD
09-14-2008, 11:45 AM
like many have said, the whole country is getting rained on right now....and for the few areas that aren't, they are under water (ie houston etc.)

As posted, I bet you'd be singing a whole different tune if the situation were reversed...

They would burn Bud Selig in Effigy. :goof

T-Bag
09-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Its a whole lot better than having to play a double header loke the brewers and a lot of other teams.

I'm not even a cub's fan and I really don't feel sorry for the astro's for getting a chance to acually play a regular game in a safe haven (minus crazy cubs fans). Miller Park is MLB's shining gem

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 01:26 PM
As posted, I bet you'd be singing a whole different tune if the situation were reversed...

They would burn Bud Selig in Effigy. :goof

stop playing the what if game.....the astro's stadium is the one in a city under water not the cubs....that's not my, nor any other cubs fan/player etc, fault is it???

Greg@GLD
09-14-2008, 01:51 PM
stop playing the what if game.....the astro's stadium is the one in a city under water not the cubs....that's not my, nor any other cubs fan/player etc, fault is it???

Reverse the situation, you and every other Cub fan in America would scream and shout and that's all there is to it. Period.

And it is NOT "raining all over the USA" as evidenced by the fact that the Brewers are playing at this moment. Who can blame a Cubs fan for seeing this like you do? I'm not. It's just like when an obviously bad call by an ump goes for your own team. You take it. You don't give it back. When they go your way, yea. When they don't.. BOO.

BOO

The Cubs got awarded two free "home" games. That's a fact. Who's at fault can be discussed at length. Does not change the facts. This was the EASIEST thing for Bud to do. He's shown how well he makes "snap decisions" before, hasn't he? :thumbsup

Ask the Astros how they feel. I'm guessing they don't agree. I'm surprised you don't see this as him trying to help the Brewers. Aren't the Astros coming up fast behind Milwaukee in the Wild Card race? Hmmmm.... Interesting... I guess 'cuz I'm a Brwers fan I'll rejoice in the unfairness of this decision because hey, what the hell it might help the Brewers.. :rolleyes:

T-Bag
09-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Reverse the situation, you and every other Cub fan in America would scream and shout and that's all there is to it. Period.

And it is NOT "raining all over the USA" as evidenced by the fact that the Brewers are playing at this moment. Who can blame a Cubs fan for seeing this like you do? I'm not. It's just like when an obviously bad call by an ump goes for your own team. You take it. You don't give it back. When they go your way, yea. When they don't.. BOO.

BOO

The Cubs got awarded two free "home" games. That's a fact. Who's at fault can be discussed at length. Does not change the facts. This was the EASIEST thing for Bud to do. He's shown how well he makes "snap decisions" before, hasn't he? :thumbsup

Ask the Astros how they feel. I'm guessing they don't agree. I'm surprised you don't see this as him trying to help the Brewers. Aren't the Astros coming up fast behind Milwaukee in the Wild Card race? Hmmmm.... Interesting... I guess 'cuz I'm a Brwers fan I'll rejoice in the unfairness of this decision because hey, what the hell it might help the Brewers.. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry....philladelphia's stadium is unavailable because there is a game being played there. Like I said before....why risk getting an already rained out game rained out again when you have a perfectly good dome available for use which just happens to be close to chicago. Find another roofed stadium available in the midwestern/central region that is available and maybe your point will be somewhat valid.

Yes I'm sure Selig is intentionally trying to help the Brewer's.

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 02:54 PM

BOO

sorry i ment to say it's raining where ever they could have played.....they can't play in a stadium that is already hosting a game today

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry....philladelphia's stadium is unavailable because there is a game being played there. Like I said before....why risk getting an already rained out game rained out again when you have a perfectly good dome available for use which just happens to be close to chicago. Find another roofed stadium available in the midwestern/central region that is available and maybe your point will be somewhat valid.

Yes I'm sure Selig is intentionally trying to help the Brewer's.

they actually could've played the game in tampa....but just b/c MLB wants to play the game there doesn't mean the owner of the stadium has to let them play there, and if you ask me it would be bad business for the owner of tropicana field to do it b/c there's not a lot of fans in that area to fill the stadium....if i was the owner or ceo of miller park, this is a no brainer, as the cubs fans will make it prob. damn near a sellout

T-Bag
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
they actually could've played the game in tampa....but just b/c MLB wants to play the game there doesn't mean the owner of the stadium has to let them play there, and if you ask me it would be bad business for the owner of tropicana field to do it b/c there's not a lot of fans in that area to fill the stadium....if i was the owner or ceo of miller park, this is a no brainer, as the cubs fans will make it prob. damn near a sellout

Even if this game wasn't against the cubs there would still be a decent turnout. Wasn't there like around 15,000 people at the last game that was played at Miller Park with two teams not from around here?

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
something like that...they said they have like 50,000 or something like that for the 3 games

Lash
09-14-2008, 05:55 PM
This thread is more proof that cubs fans are complete idiots.

Home field advantage is still huge in baseball.....ESPECIALLY this time of the year.

Lets see how many Astros fans get a chance to show up. 900+ mile trip in 1 day notice :rolleyes:

I hope they sweep the Cubs.

Karps TA
09-14-2008, 06:41 PM
On a positive note, we have the opportunity to see playoff style baseball now.

T-Bag
09-14-2008, 06:54 PM
This thread is more proof that cubs fans are complete idiots.

Home field advantage is still huge in baseball.....ESPECIALLY this time of the year.

Lets see how many Astros fans get a chance to show up. 900+ mile trip in 1 day notice :rolleyes:

I hope they sweep the Cubs.

I'm not a cub's fan, I only want the cubs to win to knock the astro's down hence the go cubs.

To all of you whiners, I said it once, find a stadium in this region that was available on such short notice. Now who's the idiot?

Get bent

Lash
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not a cub's fan, I only want the cubs to win to knock the astro's down hence the go cubs.

Why is that? The cubs are still in reach....specially with the series coming up.

I said it once, find a stadium in this region that was available on such short notice. Now who's the idiot?

Because you know how many other stadiums they seriously looked into? :confused
You and Bud must be tight!!!

:rolleyes:

T-Bag
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Why is that? The cubs are still in reach....specially with the series coming up.

The Cubs are way out of the Brewer's reach, the Brewer's have been awful for the last couple of weeks and the Cubs have proved time and time again (except for the opening series) they are leaps and bounds ahead of the Brewer's and the rest of the league.

Why would you waste a lot of time looking for a stadium when the game is TODAY. Miller Park was readily available and it has a roof which means no more delay! Your points are completely invalid, friggen conspiracy theorists :rolleyes:

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2008, 09:16 PM

you make it seem like they have loads of time to get it figured out......WTF did you want them to do....miller gave them a gurantee to get the games played.....not to mention a better chance that the cubs knock the stro's away from the brewers bc they're not helping them selves in philly

on a side note Big Z just no hit them....HELL YES

Larrygto
09-14-2008, 10:54 PM
That was so cool!!
I have no voice left!

Sleeper Sierra
09-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I am a huge cubs fan have been for years big z destroyed them. I was at the game and have no voice after cheering the cubs to the destroying of the stro's. it was awesome walking down the ramp after the game singing go cubs go. what more can I say? GO CUBS GO!!!!!!

flyin_blue_egg
09-15-2008, 06:28 AM
i'm soooo pissed...i was thinking about going to the game but decided not to