PDA

View Full Version : let the gas prices raise!!

mrz28M6
09-13-2008, 06:26 PM
came back from vacation up in eagle river today and saw 4.19/gallon. :confused thanks hurrican ike!

Prince Valiant
09-13-2008, 06:37 PM
20% of the refining capacity in the US is along the texas gulf shores...in other places, that relies more directly on those refiners, the price has crested $6/gal.

lordairgtar
09-13-2008, 11:25 PM
...and when this is all over, the price won't come down nearly as fast as it went up.

Adam Brooks
09-13-2008, 11:27 PM
"Damage to the nation's biggest complex of refineries and petrochemical plants appeared to be slight, but gasoline prices shot up for fear that the supply would be interrupted by power outages and the time necessary to restart a refinery. In some parts of the country, gas prices surged briefly to $5 a gallon."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26637482/page/2/

we should be ok actually

Boost21
09-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Here in chicago, you cant find gas for less then like 4.50 a gal for reg. Whats it by you guys?

Prince Valiant
09-13-2008, 11:38 PM
I saw 4.19/gal.

Al
09-14-2008, 12:01 AM
4.29/gal downtown.

RanJer
09-14-2008, 12:02 AM
4.29 for regular on 92nd and Cleveland... Still 3.97/99 everywhere in Slinger

Flicktitty
09-14-2008, 12:18 AM
3.99 here in Delavan....shits on the move up :(

i heard its 4.50+ in chitown.

ponyride00
09-14-2008, 04:58 AM
$4.50 when I was there yesterday.

Silver86
09-14-2008, 05:30 AM
i dont even want to look...

Breecher_7
09-14-2008, 06:42 AM
Finally saw $4.00 Diesel..... Guesss thats in the shitter now to....

GRAMPS SS
09-14-2008, 06:53 AM
saw 4.09 yesterday for reg.....

Yooformula
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I paid 4.39 for prem yesterday...this shit sucks. I wonder if the prices will come back down.

Karps TA
09-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Wholesale gas is at $2.68 a gallon, so it's nice to see some people were able to take advantage of consumers for a day or 2.

tommyt5078
09-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Sunny slope and Clevlend 3.97 for reg. 4.17 for per. last night at midnight!

05caddyext
09-14-2008, 10:07 AM
I paid 3.79 in fort atkinson last night. :rolf

That_Guy
09-14-2008, 10:13 AM
3.99 here in Delavan....shits on the move up :(

i heard its 4.50+ in chitown.

it probly wont get 2 out of hand cause... we get alot of are gas,oil,diesel from Canada ..

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 10:25 AM
This is probably a blessing is disguise because it will once again bring price manipulation front and center. the feds will step in if it gets too out of control for too long. Demand will drop sharply and so will the $$ coming into the government(s) from gas taxes.... and they want they're money

CobraSnake
09-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah I heard the only reason that the prices are up is OPEC. From what I heard the demand went down so they are cutting supply to keep the prices up. Because they know that everyone will think its because of the hurricane.

Mark

GTSLOW
09-14-2008, 12:52 PM
3.59 for 87 and 3.89 for diesel #2.

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 02:49 PM
no opec isnt doing shit and they have not cut supply. the increase in prices is bc of US oil companies not the world market. Oil companies are pulling shenanigans

here's the latest:
"Oil slides below $99 - Markets relieved
In a special early-Sunday electronic trading session, crude futures fall after early reports suggest that Ike may not have caused significant damage to refineries."

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/14/markets/oil/index.htm

this is the 2nd time oil has been below 100 in the past week.

this article states some bullshit though "Prices have fallen nearly $50 off the record high price of $147.27 a barrel, set July 11. As the U.S. and global economies have slowed, demand for energy has fallen off."

barrel prices are down as speculators continuing to run from the impending legislative action aimed at controlling manipulation done through unregulated commodities exchanges. Actual demand for oil was declining yet the barrel price still rose for months which = red flags

Karps TA
09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Guy's I don't know how many times you need to be reminded that gas prices are simple Supply and Demand economics. There is nothing weird happening. They have plenty of supply and they demand we pay more for it. It's really just that simple. Stop trying to read too much into it.

If there were actually improper things happening, our trusted congressmen would have found out about it and put an end to it. Things like this story just go to prove how up and up the whole thing really is
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/10/news/economy/oil_officials.ap/index.htm?postversion=2008091015

Moparjim
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
This is probably a blessing is disguise because it will once again bring price manipulation front and center. the feds will step in if it gets too out of control for too long. Demand will drop sharply and so will the $$ coming into the government(s) from gas taxes.... and they want they're money

Oil is down to around $100 a barrel, from around $150 a barrel. Refinery capacity, hurricanes, blah blah blah - gas should have dropped to around $2.80 a gallon over the last month, but as oil prices plummeted 1/3, gas prices dropped not nearly as much. Meanwhile every major oil company reports record profits to the tune of 40-50 billion a year for Exxon-Mobil for example, for a publicly traded company no less. Almost all of those profits are dumped back into stock buybacks and dividends rather than exploration or increasing refinery capacity (since management bonuses are tied to stock price, not to mention all the stock options they get and all the stock they own, on top of multimillion dollar per year salaries). We are being raped by big oil, most corporations in general, and our government is in on it much less doing anything about it.

We need to wake up and start dragging these people into the street and choosing our method of execution. Revolution worked for every other society that was oppressed by taxes, the rich, and their own government - the French (beheading), English (hanging), Russians (shooting), even the good ole U. S. of A. back in 1776!

Prince Valiant
09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes, there was no reasonable fear that Ike could cause significant disruption of fuel supply in the US.

And no, since there is no reasonable fears of a supply shortage, there could not have been a run to bid on remaining supply.

And it's ludicrous to assume that a rush to ensure inventory before Ike constitutes an increase in demand. I mean, we seen how many hurricanes before? It's not like residents rush out to stock up on food, boards, or generators...or anything like that; it's silly to think panicked vendors would do this as well with refined fuel.

So, it's clearly neither a supply issue, as we know hurricanes can't disrupt supplies...nor a demand issue, as why would a vendor worry about running out of inventory if supply can't be interrupted?

I mean, any second grader will tell you this. Literally. Probably 99% of them will.

That's why, I agree with Karp. It's a small group of approximately 18 individuals and a guy who was paid 30,000 dollars to bring us these oil prices. Because some cad's operated unethically, we should NOT look for more oil either offshore or in AK.

I also agree with Adam Brooks. Why would higher oil prices lead to lower oil demand? There is no correlation! This we know: that anyone with no more than a third grader's education would figure out that higher prices doesn't decrease demand. I'm not joking about that either.

lordairgtar
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
I also agree with Adam Brooks. Why would higher oil prices lead to lower oil demand? There is no correlation! This we know: that anyone with no more than a third grader's education would figure out that higher prices doesn't decrease demand. I'm not joking about that either.
Truth! Look at grocery store prices. They have increased because of the fuel, but I am still buying the same amount of stuff from the store. People might cut back on beer or dining out, but not on the necessities of life such as fuel and food. Look, we are getting hit by the utilities, but we still have to keep our homes lit and heated.

GRAMPS SS
09-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Truth! Look at grocery store prices. They have increased because of the fuel, but I am still buying the same amount of stuff from the store. People might cut back on beer or dining out, but not on the necessities of life such as fuel and food. Look, we are getting hit by the utilities, but we still have to keep our homes lit and heated.

nope...this may be weak..... but....i haven't cut back on dinning out...still buy my beer...and still fill my tank every other day....this will never change....and utilities..........we still must pay the piper.....:thumbsup

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Guy's I don't know how many times you need to be reminded that gas prices are simple Supply and Demand economics. There is nothing weird happening. They have plenty of supply and they demand we pay more for it. It's really just that simple. Stop trying to read too much into it.

If there were actually improper things happening, our trusted congressmen would have found out about it and put an end to it. Things like this story just go to prove how up and up the whole thing really is
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/10/news/economy/oil_officials.ap/index.htm?postversion=2008091015

Sorry but this is horrendously inaccurate comment that is mixing two separate topics. The article you link to is speaking about an organization that was set up to make sure private drillers are fairly receiving royalties from oil companies for the use of their oil. basically to make sure Jethro in texas gets paid for exxon buying crude from his rig in the back yard.

google "enron loophole" and read about the deregulation of the commodities markets.

This is EXACTLY correlated to what we have been seeing in oil/natural gas/wheat/soy beans etc. So the comment about food prices being higher is exactly on the the right line of thought and is what im talking about..... demand is NOT higher and hasnt been in oil/food/etc etc etc etc yet we are seeing an increase in prices. it is called manipulation

There are two major things going on:

1: you guys at the pump pay for gas to drive yours cars. before the enron loophole, prices were largely do to your actual consumption (remember when shit was cheap? theres a reason it was)

2: Since 2000, us as traders have been able to take advantage of a DEREGULATED commodities market by buy and selling oil futures on the commodities markets. Major financial institutions have been moving money from the stock market to the commodities market speculating in oil futures bc the damn things keep going up in price while the stock market was dropping. Supply and demand, selling stock buying oil futures. Stock goes down, oil price goes up bc of OUR demand. not yours at the pump.

fast forward- oil prices are ****ed (bc we're active in the markets) yet demand at the pump is down by record levels in US history and the feds are now losing 89billion in tax revenue in the month of may. So they look into it and we now have premier economic professors testifying before congress as to whats happening. Financial institutions catch wind that the gov knows this shit was regulated before (to prevent major down/up trends to protect farmers) and now its out of control so the start pulling their money out.

what do we have? this:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=USO&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=0&r=343

oil is TANKING...... same with all other commodities yet our prices havent changed for shit.

Basically this is a long winded way of saying YOUR supply and demand at the pump hasn't had anything to do w/ what we're seeing.

OUR supply and demand as traders and institutions has been screwing everything up not you at the pump

this is not simple supply and demand.

Morpar Jim is correct, the oil Co are totally taking advantage of us and need to be stopped

badass88gt
09-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Its pretty simple. They have society by the balls. Everyone NEEDS gas. Sure everyone cuts down, but sooner or later you will need it and we have to pay whatever they want because we (society) cant function without it. Without gas the world would stop and the oil companies know this. There is no one that can or will stop them.

Reverend Cooper
09-14-2008, 09:11 PM
^ correct,they own at least half of the government by influence with lobbying. we are ****ed

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 09:21 PM
stock charts doesnt like me, heres the chart

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3058/2858461966_01db90f7a8_o.jpg

badass88gt
09-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Thats a pretty picture. No idea what I'm lookin at.

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 10:10 PM
you are seeing institutions pumping money into oil (going up like crazy) then fleeing from (part where it starts to go down) once it was made aware that this was all manipulated

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 10:12 PM
and if you look in MAY, its still going up exponentially.... yet there was a record decrease in consumption on a monthly basis. it wasnt until 2 months later that the price sarted to come down... further illustrating that retail supply and demand has had nothing to do w/ what we're paying

Prince Valiant
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
you are seeing institutions pumping money into oil (going up like crazy) then fleeing from (part where it starts to go down) once it was made aware that this was all manipulatedLol...so when companies were rushing to buy oil on the futures market, the price went up?

And then when they stopped rushing to buy, the price went down?!?

Ladies and Gentlemen! Adam Brooks just proved a basic law of economics wrong!@!! :thumbsup

We have a regular Karl Marx in our midst!

:rolf:rolf:rolf

Adam Brooks
09-14-2008, 11:02 PM
yeah your totally missing the point ive been trying to make illustrating the notion that our supply and demand, pertaining to our consumption, has anything to do with pricing at the pump. It doesnt. It had to do w/ supply and demand that taken place in commodities trading because of deregulation which was in place to specifically prevent this shit from happening.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/2857902279_6539cd5f0f_o.jpg
All three should be in tandem. as we all know, they are not only 2 are.

whats even better is that the housing bill that was just passed closed all of the enron loopholes on all commodities except for oil. Further proving what Mopar Jim was saying. i have no clue how educated he is on the issue but his comments are totally correct. this problem is based on greed, from institutions and oil companies. its easily provable through technical analysis, transfer of liquidity from market to market and simply a correlation between what we see at the pump and what is actually occurring. this is why legislature is now involved

Prince Valiant
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
yeah your totally missing the point ive been trying to make illustrating the notion that our supply and demand, pertaining to our consumption, has anything to do with pricing at the pump. No, you're totally missing seemingly everything.

You make a baseless assumption that "all three should be in tandem" which isn't necessarily true...and makes the simplistic assumption that the fact that it doesn't proves price manipulation.

I mean, even your graph is hopelessly bad here...what is it saying? If you look, it looks like a standard tracking graph, correct? So what's the "price at the pump" or "consumer demand" doing on there? To what scale is this? I mean, looking at the graph, it seems that price at the pump remains steady at ~104 and demand has fallen below 50, perhaps considerably more. Clearly this is manipulation :rolf

Quite frankly, your graph is junk.

Furthermore, your assumption of simple price follows demand, negates the fact that oil (either crude or refined) is traded on a futures basis...and while you may simplistically vilify the futures market, it's one of the key mechanism that protect against future shortages. When a future shortage is foreseen, the price goes up...which dampens current demand (thus dampening the severity of the future shortage) and encourages producers to seek increased production (thereby hopefully alleviating the future shortage altogether). So if supply looks like it's going to be short relative to the demand, the price increases.

Plus, your graph is just wrong. It shows the price of gas as stable and heading up slightly the last few months. It hasn't:

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5601&stc=1&d=1221497943

The LAST person I want in getting their hands IN the oil industry is either Kohl (who actually does know better...but sadly, he's a populist who goes along to get along), and fiengold (who appears willfully ignorant, as witnessed by his grandstanding "drill what you got" bill). You'll simply continue to "see" what you want to see based on a warped, conspiracist world view.

Because we all know the price of oil is controlled by the knights of templar.

CPonyGo
09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Because we all know the price of oil is controlled by the knights of templar.

LOLOL- I knew it...I have been saying this along...:rolf

Syclone0044
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
We are being raped by big oil, most corporations in general, and our government is in on it much less doing anything about it.

Hey I agree but I think I've got a solution. Let's elect, and then re-elect, two big oil business executives to the highest office in the land. Brilliant!

79SS
09-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Its pretty simple. Without gas the world would stop and the oil companies know this.

Maybe the US should stop,everyone stop going to work,make the whole country stand still till they stop f**cking us.I know it will never happen,people have bills to pay and families to feed,but I wonder what would happen if the whole country did come to a stand still?:fire

CobraSnake
09-15-2008, 02:32 PM
my head hurts. The only way we are ever going to be able to do something about this. Is if thousands and thousands people rush with guns and held hostage everyone that makes these decisions and MADE them change there minds.

Mark

Adam Brooks
09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Princess Valient- You're still missing the point and have resorted to pointing out that my graph is not to any specific scale. I appreciate your comments on the futures market as pertaining to supply and demand of crude. Its totally valid and accurate. Yet, your still missing the fact that supply and demand in the futures market is supposed to be correlated to actual supply and demand in the real world (retail and wholesale), which it hasn't been.... yet the prices we have been paying would allude to the fact that they actually are.... probably lost you again but thats oks.

I do however, like your chart which shows support at 4.90 and resistance at 5.33 indicating that prices have consolidated, which is actually what my chart shows as well. Now goolge consolidation, support and resistance and then come back and tell me how wrong i am again bc you cant read a chart, and thats ok most people cant I and wont hold that against you.

And there is only conspiracy in a wold of fantasy.... so leave your fantasy cnbc or whatever your watching and lets have a look at reality

-Adam Brooks

Ps yes i know your 4500 post count and trans am give your credibility on here.

animal
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
:popcorn

Adam Brooks
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Its all good. im done posting and could care less what happens from here. just hope you guys realize that when you look at the pump and the price seems a bit to crazy high and think somethings wrong, you are correct.

Mr. Brett
09-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Prince Valiant knows everything about everything. Just ask him.

Silver03SRT
09-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Here is the bottom line. We all need gas and things wont change.

Prince Valiant
09-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Prince Valiant knows everything about everything. Just ask him.Hardly...but I know what I know. And I WILL enjoy talking to you about it in the future. When and where would you like to meet?

Princess Valient- You're still missing the point and have resorted to pointing out that my graph is not to any specific scale.Yes, becausey your graph is simply made up. It has no basis in facts. I'm pointing out that your argument is quite baseless, and completely unsupported.

I produce a graph that is sourced. It shows your graph as being incorrect. You are free to produce a real one, anytime.

and oh, "princesss"...really? Is that all you've got? :rolleyes:

Listen, you might be pretty good at arguing with third graders where that type of retort may be useful, but it'll only get you in trouble here.

I appreciate your comments on the futures market as pertaining to supply and demand of crude. Its totally valid and accurate.This isn't what you've been saying...you've been saying it should be illegal and wrong.

Yet, your still missing the fact that supply and demand in the futures market is supposed to be correlated to actual supply and demand in the real world (retail and wholesale), which it hasn't been....No it's NOT. If it was sourced on supply on hand vs consumption currently, it would NOT be the futures market.

If I foresee a shortage of supply relative to demand...at any reasonable time into the future, guess what? It might behoove me to go ahead a buy some oil now, to sell in the future. It's a bet...one I can be right on, or wrong on.

Now, if I'm the only one who foresees this, guess what? The "spot price" doesn't really change. But most future shortages are foreseen...either near term (such as what feared with the arrival of Hurricane Ike) or into the far term (such as the emerging economies of India, China, and Russia with continued growth of the US economy without the political will power to search for new sources of supply thus resulting in a shortage and escalating prices)...and because MANY get this and go to buy, the spot price currently moves upward.

This isn't supposed to reflect the so called "real world"...it's a bunch of sometimes smart, sometimes wrong yahoo's who feel they can reasonably predict what will happen in the future.

And prices are high world wide simply because people can really see the writing on the wall. Some previously HIGH producers have fallen off...there is doubt that some of the current highest producers are capable of producing oil at a rate the world consumes it in...there has been long term uncertainty as to what might happen in the Middle east region as a whole, not just with regards to Iraq, but Iran/Isreal and what action those two take may have on the region; an assertive Russia who wishes to get it's way simply by taking...all the while, growing world population and prosperity leading to sharp increases in demand. There really is no "secret" as to why prices are high :confused

My view has been that prices were and are currently inflated...when price kept climbing from 100 to 120 to 130 to 140...I continued to assert that the bubble would pop. This it appears to have been doing...but I also asserted the difference b/w the price per barrel and the price at the pump.

I do however, like your chart which shows support at 4.90 and resistance at 5.33 indicating that prices have consolidated, which is actually what my chart shows as well. Now goolge consolidation, support and resistance and then come back and tell me how wrong i am again bc you cant read a chart, and thats ok most people cant I and wont hold that against you. Goodness gravy...so many problems with what you are saying, lol.

First, my chart isn't intended to show the tracking of a stock...it simply shows the error of YOUR chart...which erroneously showed the price moving up, when it wasn't. My chart= verifiable; Yours = completely made up. It's simple really.

I guess what's funny is that you ARE using terminology that applies to watching stock markets, particularly with regards to supply and demand. Because, you keep alleging that there is no supply and demand at work, but then (bizarrely) claim that my graph shows this.

And there is only conspiracy in a wold of fantasy.... so leave your fantasy cnbc or whatever your watching and lets have a look at realityAdam, you're alleging price manipulation...of which DOES require conspiracy to pull off. Hence the reference to the "knights of templar" :rolleyes:

Ps yes i know your 4500 post count and trans am give your credibility on here.Yeah :rolleyes:

Normally people on this site defer to flicktitty with his 7,500+ post with regards to economic matters; however for now, I guess I'll do in a pinch :rolf

However, I will make the rare request that we BAN Mr. Brooks...I mean, can't he even tell a dodge coronet THAT'S IN MY SIG from a trans am?!? Something as simple as that, and I should defer to your opinion on oil markets?!? lol :thumbsup

As much political crap we argue on here, this is still a car site.

Flicktitty
09-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Normally people on this site defer to flicktitty with his 7,500+ post with regards to economic matters; however for now, I guess I'll do in a pinch :rolf

just walkin by and wtf? :goof

LIZMO
09-15-2008, 11:57 PM
i just passed 1000 posts wooohoo hahah

Adam Brooks
09-16-2008, 12:06 AM
ROFL seriously. How can you call that guy out when you have a gay pride flag in your avitar. And you're questioning my credibility?

Adam Brooks
09-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Seriously I'm still laughing at this. Sorry about the princess thing though i saw the flag and the silly knights of templar and what have you and didn't know wtf was going on anymore. But id prefer to stay away from any trouble since you said im now in trouble. it sounds like your pretty upset w/ Mr Brett for his comment too and want to meet him for "its just lunch" or a drink etc. Thats not for me though. and dont want that kind of trouble like that. I mean i have a reputation to uphold.

Chris, wtf are the knights of templar.... no more wintendo dude.

oh and dont ban Mr. brooks, I'm trying to get this post count up
:dance

Poncho
09-16-2008, 07:44 AM
ROFL seriously. How can you call that guy out when you have a gay pride flag in your avitar. And you're questioning my credibility?

don't cha know sexuality = credibility. :rolf

Prince Valiant
09-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Seriously I'm still laughing at this.
Yes, it appears you're easily amused...and intellectually overwhelmed

...meet for "its just lunch" or a drink etc. Thats not for me though. and dont want that kind of trouble like that. I mean i have a reputation to uphold.What? Are you trying to demand Dinner first? You're queer. :rolleyes:

Mr. Brett
09-16-2008, 10:09 AM
See? This asshat is so in love with the sight of his posts that he can't help himself. I've never met him in person, but from what I've been told by people who have, he's one of those clowns who becomes an "expert" on something within minutes of talking about it. Guys like this are a dime a dozen on the internet. I remain unimpressed.

johnny--2k
09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Holy Crap..... :popcorn

My eyes hurt, and so does my head....:durr

Prince Valiant
09-16-2008, 11:40 AM
See? This asshat is so in love with the sight of his posts that he can't help himself. I've never met him in person, but from what I've been told by people who have, he's one of those clowns who becomes an "expert" on something within minutes of talking about it. Guys like this are a dime a dozen on the internet. I remain unimpressed.Do I bother you so much that you've got to talk to other people about me? :rolf B/w that and the PM's you receive/send about me, I must take up a big part of your life...Are you infatuated with me or something ?:gay

Why chicken out and speak for "others", speak for yourself...

What's pathetic, is people like YOU and Brooks who wish to resort to LAME name calling...and then litterally CRY when a mild version of the same is returned back at you. I have to wipe your tears off my cpu screen every time one of your post show up.

Funnier STILL, is EVERY chance you get, you have to seek solace amongst some pansy's who are, for some bizarre reason, *scared* of me...so they go behind my back so that you and whomever may have some personal cry fest where you rub your vag's together or something (realizing that one of whom may actually HAVE a vag).

Listen...why don't you just ignore me? How about stop stalking me? Try not going around and talking about me? You might find you go through far less tissue a month, dude.

Mr. Brett
09-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Further proof of your asshattery. Bravo.

Adam Brooks
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
What's pathetic, is people like YOU and Brooks who wish to resort to LAME name calling...and then litterally CRY when a mild version of the same is returned back at you. I have to wipe your tears off my cpu screen every time one of your post show up.

Princess, shit i almost took your for an intelligent guy. But my friend, you are again mistaken:

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/11/01/core2extreme_quad_cpu.jpg
is a CPU

http://adminpick.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/WindowsLiveWriter/DellReleases20InchesLCDScreenfor289_7DE/dell-20-inches-LCD-screen%5B3%5D.jpg
is a screen

Let me know when you get your basic facts straight and then we can talk more about what Crammer and google told you over the past couple of days. Don't worry we can use big fun words to make ourselves look really really smart to our BCM friends.

I'll be back after 10ish once the markets close and i get back from dinner.

Fast SVT
09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
As always it is price fixing...plain and simple.

Adam Brooks
09-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Prince, Buddy we have another problem. You telling people not to worry about losing money in their 401k bc its just a paper loss/gain....

loses on paper are just that...on paper. Just like gains on paper.

if you seriously think think way you are in total denial. Tell that someone who went held FNM/FRE/LEH when it was back in the 30s and now trades at sub 1.00. Tell them not to worry bc its a paper loss even though the company they were invested in doesn't even exist anymore.

Seriously man thats not even cool. you're potentially screwing with their retirement and financial security for themselves/family etc

STANMAN
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, it is only a loss on paper, until you have to cash out, THEN it's either a loss (or gain) on your pocketbook. I mean I started investing when I was 17 (I am now 34) and have never taken anything out, so in reality EVERY loss (or gain) I have seen in those years is only on paper. I just want to know that in 30 years from now, when it's time for me to retire (I want to retire early, doesn't EVERYONE, lol??) the "paper" gains in all those years outweighed the "paper" losses:thumbsup

2006wrxtr
09-16-2008, 06:40 PM
only 3.89 Gallon down here for 93 and it doesn't have anu eth in it...

Silver86
09-16-2008, 08:23 PM
you guys wernt kidding... regular is 4.22 up here... what the shit?! http://smiliesftw.com/x/madugh.gif

badass88gt
09-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Since theres already a bunch of bashing goin on, WTF are EURO SMILEYS in your signature Mr. Brooks, and WHY are you listing it as a modification?

Korndogg
09-16-2008, 09:04 PM
euro smileys are lights.

Adam Brooks
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I mean I started investing when I was 17 (I am now 34)
Stanman thats awesome! more people should do what you've done and take initiative to control their money/future/retirement etc. So thats great to hear and i hope you continue to do well and keep making money!

here's the thing though. have to think about what you're doing as real gains and losses bc they are. You are gaining and losing real money as represented by #'s at your brokerage.

For instance, its like saying i never lost anything on enron bc i never technically sold it to realize the profit/loss in cash form. That would sound silly bc we all know they dont exist any more... nor does our money invested in them regardless if we sold out or not.

Stanman i want to see you be successful w/ your investments so i challenge you think of what your doing as real vs just on paper. It'll make you think more conservatively but will also make you a much better trader/investor and will help you get out of losing positions that much quicker. its like if people still holding onto LEH after its tanked w/ the hope that it'll still go up, it wont and their $$ is gone for real, not just on paper :)

-Adam

Adam Brooks
09-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Since theres already a bunch of bashing goin on, WTF are EURO SMILEYS in your signature Mr. Brooks, and WHY are you listing it as a modification?

Thats a valid question, my generation 5 series BMW that came stateside had a reflector headlamp that was actually designed really well. looked like this:
http://www.btcf.fi/gallery/data/500/medium/etuviisto2.jpg

The European bimmers had projector lenses and city lights. There is a reflector under the projector that aids to its cut off that looks like a smile, aka smileys:
http://static.flickr.com/56/124476922_96b1a8df3c.jpg
and w/ city light on looks like this:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/tortexal/crusie3/7b138b9e.jpg

I put the oem euro Hella ones in mine so i listed it.

Prince Valiant
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Since theres already a bunch of bashing goin on, WTF are EURO SMILEYS in your signature Mr. Brooks, and WHY are you listing it as a modification?Because when you don't know the difference b/w a Trans Am and a grocery getting Dodge Coronet, everything is a mad tyte mod.

I mean, if I was posting up on a car site, I'd at least google those two cars to spot THOSE differences...an no, no excuses on semantics can save your idiocy here, Adam.

btw...here's an example of a screen, if you're interested in semantics:
The material hanging is primarily a "screen"

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5608&stc=1&d=1221623003

What you posted:

http://adminpick.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/WindowsLiveWriter/DellReleases20InchesLCDScreenfor289_7DE/dell-20-inches-LCD-screen%5B3%5D.jpg

is actually a MONITOR. Sure, it has a screen (and not the same as the one above) on it...but you wanted to play the ubber childish literal game.

Prince, Buddy we have another problem. You telling people not to worry about losing money in their 401k bc its just a paper loss/gain....

if you seriously think think way you are in total denial. Tell that someone who went held FNM/FRE/LEH when it was back in the 30s and now trades at sub 1.00. Tell them not to worry bc its a paper loss even though the company they were invested in doesn't even exist anymore.
You're right...I WAY oversimplified it...so much so that the statment i made was wrong. Now, that this is a problem for you, should be a concern...of course, ONE problem you've apparently got is keeping post in it's proper threads.

BUT, in defense of what I posted, what I was poorly saying is that I don't worry about market set-backs...I'm under no illusion that it'll signify a long term losing trend. Corrections, major and minor are all part of it, so I don't get sick with worry. I only make sure my accounts are performing better than average (they are, and have been for sometime) and meet with my account managers once a year to review what steps and why they're taking them, and what they expect as a result of those moves. Works for me.

Back to the point of THIS thread...have you done anymore MSpaint graphs for me yet? Are there any completely unrelated terms you wish to enlighten me with? Going to wax on about how congress will *ACT* against the EVIL oil companies/speculators to save the day? Or, are you going to keep playing the "literal screen game"?

Adam Brooks
09-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Chis my friend, i was about to pack it up for the night I'm off to bed to i'l keep this brief. 1: The comment about the TA was a joke and we're on day 2 of it now.... catch up!
2: you're right I'm an idiot :thumbsup
3: I like your picture of a screen, but you still dont have one that looks like that on your cpu. But you're right again, i posted a monitor.... but it actually has a screen on it.
4: About keeping posts in proper threads. I felt it to be more improper to call you out again in his thread. So i brought it over here w/ the rest of the crap. At least we're organized and people have figured out by now where to find it.
5: Glad you're happy w/ your advisors, that's an important relationship to have. keep in mind average return right now from 9/16/07 - Today in the US equities markets is -22% (you're smart w/ the search engines you can find how i came up with that number... it'll obviously be different tomorrow but you get the idea). So better than average is a relative #... as you know
6: no more MS paint as of yet but i'll take requests, we'll load up your fridge w/ my art work dont worry.

off to bed!

Prince Valiant
09-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Chis my friend, i was about to pack it up for the night I'm off to bed to i'l keep this brief. 1: The comment about the TA was a joke and we're on day 2 of it now.... catch up!Oh, you're stupidity IS a joke...I get it, Adm.

4: About keeping posts in proper threads. I felt it to be more improper to call you out again in his thread. So i brought it over here w/ the rest of the crap. At least we're organized and people have figured out by now where to find it.Wait? You were accusing me of endangering people/families financial futures and retirement...and you're not off to warn of impending doom?

5: Glad you're happy w/ your advisors, that's an important relationship to have. keep in mind average return right now from 9/16/07 - Today in the US equities markets is -22% (you're smart w/ the search engines you can find how i came up with that number... it'll obviously be different tomorrow but you get the idea). So better than average is a relative #... as you know :rolleyes: Good red herring.

Adam Brooks
09-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Chris good morning!
1: it's spelled Adam
2: You cant see PM's
3: It's not, it's still on topic. if the average return is negative and an above average return is less negative, you're still down. i know you got this one, its easy

Mr. Brett
09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Back to the point of THIS thread...have you done anymore MSpaint graphs for me yet?

Here's one for you. And I have 4,937 (and counting) pieces of evidence to support it.

http://www.chokethebobcat.com/pics/chart.bmp

Mr. Brett
09-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I also have a chart that proves you have a vagina, but that's neither here nor there.

Syclone0044
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Here's one for you. And I have 4,937 (and counting) pieces of evidence to support it.

LMAO!! :rolf :thumbsup

Reminiscent of Maddox.

BTW, market taking another big dive today! The Dow hit a low of 10,660 :stare Haven't seen numbers that low since at least 2005. -340 on the day right now..

GS (Goldman Sachs) -24.2% at $100. They were at $160 just 4 days ago!

Prince Valiant
09-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Chris good morning!
1: it's spelled Adam
2: You cant see PM's
3: It's not, it's still on topic. if the average return is negative and an above average return is less negative, you're still down. i know you got this one, its easy

1. Really?!? Did you know mine is spelled ChRis? lol:
Chis my friend, i was about...
just fun, just fun. Playing the "let's be literal about everything" (ala "screen"?) again. Great game.

But seriously...I spell my name with a boldface "R" :mad:

2. So, to effectively negate the ubber dangerous message of "it's just paper loss", my guess is that you watch that thread endlessly and PM people as you see them view the thread?
3. Hmm, the topic is on gas prices. You're talking about my retirement account? Lol, yeah...on topic?

That actually IS funny. Can't deny it.

BUT...you're still stalking me, queer.

Mr. Brett
09-17-2008, 11:24 PM
You post your "expertise" in every single thread. Kind of hard to avoid your bullshit posts, you know?

Also, 4,943 and counting. Does anybody actually believe the bullshit you spew? Anybody?

Prince Valiant
09-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Is this becoming a fatal attraction to you man? Just step away from your keyboard, lol.

You post your "expertise" in every single thread. Kind of hard to avoid your bullshit posts, you know? Actually, find claims of "expertise" fool. Do it. I challenge you to do it.

Especially, find it in "which TV should I buy?" (how the f' should I know?)
Find it in a computer thread...or a screen thread (I don't even trust myself to buy my own computer)
A camera thread?
A cell phone thread?
Find these "every single thread"?
You just might find a thread or two in which I DO present myself as an authority, and yes, an "expert" on the subject.

Having opinions that are strong, supportable with facts and evidence, and that use sound reasoning...and more importantly different than yours, hardly constitutes a claim of expertise...ones that think so highly of themselves as you do ("Maybe you impress all the double-digit IQ neanderthals on here, but you don't impress me"-Mr. Brett :rolf) who operates under the illusion that his poorly thought and worded post say more than they actually do (recall the whole "US military industrial complex means only contractors in Iraq thing?), SHOULD know this. :rolf

Boh hoo hoo...Mr. Brett upset because I think he's wrong! WAAAAAH!

Hey, here's an idea: Go back to childish name calling. You're lost at any level above that.

Also, 4,943 and counting. Does anybody actually believe the bullshit you spew? Anybody?Ah, an appeal to popularity...the tactic of fourth graders everywhere :rolf:rolf:rolf

Better yet, stick to your personal cry sessions with your "AHPV" group (Anonymous Haters of Prince Valiant), loser.

Mr. Brett
09-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Pretending that I'm a stalker doesn't make you not a douchebag.

Prince Valiant
09-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Pretending that I'm a stalker doesn't make you not a douchebag.Someday, poets, scholars, and great alien leaders alike will study that sentence for it's obvious triple-digit-IQ worthy eloquence.

However, you finding threads you were otherwise not participating in to take jabs at me, and then trying (and seemingly succeeding) to make the thread about me (when it's not), DOES make you a stalking douchebag.

Seriously, you got this "like a lover scorned" thing going...I must admit a little fear now.

Mr. Brett
09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
And a vagina. Don't forget your vagina.

Poncho
09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
lol @ all the "I have superior intellect" posts by PV.

Karps TA
09-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Speaking of gas prices, the BP station on Layton and 116th is back down to $3.69. So if we have a minimum markup law in this state, what does that tell you about all the places that are still over $4?

Reverend Cooper
09-18-2008, 09:30 PM
lol @ all the "I have superior intellect" posts by PV.

Maybe he does?

Mr. Brett
09-18-2008, 09:59 PM
You should read his posts a little more thoroughly if you think that's even remotely within the realm of possibility.

lordairgtar
09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Speaking of gas prices, the BP station on Layton and 116th is back down to $3.69. So if we have a minimum markup law in this state, what does that tell you about all the places that are still over $4?
I got gas in a small town today for $3.68 at a MOBIL station in Newville (near Madison) Got back here and seen $3.98.

LIZMO
09-18-2008, 11:23 PM
yeah, i was really surprised to see gas prices go down so much. but except for the gas station across from the brookfield popo station... its at 4.39!!!! i knew it was always more expensive, but damnnn like 50cents?!

Prince Valiant
09-18-2008, 11:23 PM
lol @ all the "I have superior intellect" posts by PV.My next series of post will be titled "How to make car payments to keep from getting yo shit from being repossessed."

It might be up your alley, Dan.

(tears in 5...4..3...2.......)

And a vagina. Don't forget your vagina.Maybe this is why you hound me so? Your hoping to get lucky :confused

Mr. Brett
09-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Perhaps I've said too much...