PDA

View Full Version : Thinking going import in future.

Sprayaway Fox
09-13-2008, 01:27 AM
I usually sell one brand and go to a different one to build up. Now I am thinking Import. I have some choices that I would like to do and cars that are for sale from people I know. A civic no price known, a AWD elclipse 3500, RX7 (the ones that look kinda like vipers) 10000, with mods already but bad rotary. Hope you guys cud gimme some good and bad about each car. Thanx:thumbsup

nismodave
09-13-2008, 01:48 AM
What do you want to get out of the car? Handling? Power? Reliability? Looks?

Each has pros and cons.

Sprayaway Fox
09-13-2008, 02:31 AM
If I could make around 450 475 out of one I would be more than happy. I would like a all around car. I like it to handle as much as a lowered stang but still be able at least 12's. Something like a Quick import. So I wont be scared to run a typical modded stang or LS1 bolt on car.

Sprayaway Fox
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Reliability is key also, Not lookn to boost the hell out of it to make the power I want. Car will prolly never be slicked. Just an clean streetfighter import. No huge wing or nuthing just lowered and nice rims.

Silver86
09-13-2008, 05:49 AM
what would i do? i wouldnt buy any of em... maybe the rx7, but 10k is a bit much to pay for a car with a bad motor... the civic, no way in hell would i buy a civic to mod... for economy, yes... performance, no. and for the eclipse... nay... ive never been too much of a fan of crank walking or just over all crappy cars (imo)

if i were you (which im not, so this is just a suggestion) i would look for an older s2k and build that...

GTSLOW
09-13-2008, 09:24 AM
You wouldnt need 450/475 to take a "typical bolt on" stang or ls1. Although I think to get 450/475 out of a 4popper is going to take some $$$. Plus is that to the wheels or crank?

nismodave
09-13-2008, 10:21 AM
If you are thinking 450 hp. You are barking up the wrong tree with them all.

Unless you want to go..... 1-Big Turbo on the Honda with a built motor, but then its FWD.:punch:

2-Big Turbo on the DSM, but then it will always be broken.:punch:

3-Big Turbo on the 7, but then the Apex seals will leak, see option 2.:punch:

IMO the best option is to find a Rx7, 240sx, or 300z and do a Hybrid swap. Ls1,2,3....1jz/2jz....Rb26...hell even the good ol sr20det.:headbang

But then you are talking about a whole new can of worms.:chair:

Good Luck.:thumbsup

HY35F2T
09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
go with the rx7 have someone who deals with rota motors tune it.Go with a 20b
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6tNKhM3iyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6tNKhM3iyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That_Guy
09-13-2008, 11:34 AM
just going to throw this out there.. but...

you can pick up a cobalt ss/sc with 30k for about 10k spend another 2g on a turbo kit and have a 400 hp dd... no questions asked .. you can pretty much make the 2 g off of selling the sc off the car along with the intake mani. just a thought...

you should also look around for a supra that s not modded all to hell.

or a s2k ive seen some sick fast ones.. not to mention they are great looking cars

sky redline just with a basic tune those guys are making 330 hp no questions asked
same with the solstice gxp

Sprayaway Fox
09-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Damn, was thinking of LS1 into the RX but dont know how much they weigh. If be the same balls as a camaro then its a no go. but if the payoff of better handling with a V8, then maybe.

nismodave
09-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Last generation rx7, aka the FD, is much lighter than F bodys. 2800 lbs.

HY35F2T
09-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Damn, was thinking of LS1 into the RX but dont know how much they weigh. If be the same balls as a camaro then its a no go. but if the payoff of better handling with a V8, then maybe.

from what ive read its not much more weight then stock.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCG3_NftwKA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCG3_NftwKA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
thats a ls6 with a dump 100%stock racing a r6.

boostin350z
09-13-2008, 01:20 PM
ls1 with the hinson supercars subframe kit only weighs 60 lbs more and lowers the center of gravity. imo, is much more superior to the 13b/20b and im a rotary fanboy

xxtremeteam
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Supra!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/xxtremeteam/Toyota20Supra20BLACK.jpg

Silver86
09-13-2008, 02:59 PM
how can you say no to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKREvioJu8

shoooo32
09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
that rx7 would be cheap to replicate (compared to a supra) and be a total sleeper.

That_Guy
09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
how can you say no to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKREvioJu8

on stock everything..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/NEW-DYNO-VIDEO-turbo-up_177771.htm

BeesTwinEG
09-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Money wise, parts availbility, tuning and etc - Honda.
92-2000 civic with 350-400whp, daily driven and one fast ass car :).

Flicktitty
09-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Supra!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/xxtremeteam/Toyota20Supra20BLACK.jpg

X2! or a LExus SC300/SC400 with a 2JZGTE Swap (320HP Stock)
GO BPU
1. Downpipe 2. Exhaust System 3. GReddy BCC 4. GReddy Profec B-Spec Electronic Boost Controller 5. 60mm Greddy Boost Gauge.

and you have 460HP. You can buy it in a kit for $1,500 Through supra store. :thumbsup

http://www.suprastore.com/450hppackage.html

can't beat bolt on's with 460HP :)

here is a lil info from Supra Store.
Some have asked, what type of 1/4 mile ET and Trap Speeds should be expected. Trap Speed is the easiest indicator of true hp, with ET being much more driver dependent because the times are heavily changed by a good "launch". With this kit installed properly your car should run from 111-118mph in the 1/4 mile. If you can launch your car to a 1.8 60 ft. time, you may well be in the 11's on drag radials.

BeesTwinEG
09-13-2008, 05:53 PM
320 at the crank mr. flick.

I say go with the honda, easy find, easy parts access, saves gas and fast at the same time. what can you more ask?
When civic beats an supra, fearri lambo rockets etc.... priceless :thumbsup

Irish
09-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Go with the LS1 Rx7 combo... Fawk a honda.... they're stolen to easily.

TheRxForSpeeed
09-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Well I will put my bias in since I own a FD. With some minor weight reductions (removed p/s, a/c, precat, titanium exhaust, lightweight flywheel, CF battery) my car is around 2700 lbs if not less. I am currently running around 350hp with some basic upgrades. Some people on the 7 club have been running GT35R turbos which spool relatively quick and made 501hp at 21-22 psi with E85.

As Nismodave noted earlier that the apex seals are a problem with the rotaries however IMO its because most people do not care for them the way they should. The apex seals cannot handle detonation as a piston engine can. I have around 100k and if they way my car pulls is any indication on the health of the engine I am doing pretty good.

Reliability will increase also when you remove the super complicated sequential turbo system on the 7. Also from what people say the 7 gets decent mileage with single turbo considering the power it puts down. I do oil changes at around 1500 miles, fuel filter around 5000 miles and spark plugs every 3000 miles.

The most important part is the TUNE. A rotary shop needs to do the tune, you cannot just take it to any dyno and have it done. There are a couple basemaps out their for the apexi PFC engine management system, which make your car run overly rich, which is a good starting point

There that is my minimalistic experience on the 7 thus far.

ND4SPD
09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
2JZ plus a small single is 480WHP (on pump gas) all day and is super reliable, spools fast, etc... You're also not even touching the upper limits of the drivetrain at that power level. Heck, I was pushing 423WHP with my stock twins @ 19psi (still within the reliability range for the stockers). That consisted of Intake, Exhaust, Downpipe, Boost Controller, SAFC-2. If you're looking for an import to make power with, the 2JZ is where it's at. Although, having said that, the 350z's are showing promise as well.

Sprayaway Fox
09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
So it sounds like the AWD eclipse isnt a good choice. The RX7 ran 11.50s but not relaible. plus its doesnt look as good as it used to cause of neglect. Its got wiring issues where it wont start I guess. it comes with a RACE ported rotary? It has a cage and autometers and whole bunch of stuff I dont know whadafa it does. He wants 10 for a salvage title. It does look like the one from FF though. I just cant see buyin it for 10.

TheRxForSpeeed
09-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Personally get a bone stock 7 if that's what you decide on. Race port could be a street port which is a bit more aggressive than a stock port. IDK about the cage and everything either.

Silver86
09-14-2008, 05:28 AM
Well I will put my bias in since I own a FD. With some minor weight reductions (removed p/s, a/c, precat, titanium exhaust, lightweight flywheel, CF battery) my car is around 2700 lbs if not less. I am currently running around 350hp with some basic upgrades. Some people on the 7 club have been running GT35R turbos which spool relatively quick and made 501hp at 21-22 psi with E85.

As Nismodave noted earlier that the apex seals are a problem with the rotaries however IMO its because most people do not care for them the way they should. The apex seals cannot handle detonation as a piston engine can. I have around 100k and if they way my car pulls is any indication on the health of the engine I am doing pretty good.

Reliability will increase also when you remove the super complicated sequential turbo system on the 7. Also from what people say the 7 gets decent mileage with single turbo considering the power it puts down. I do oil changes at around 1500 miles, fuel filter around 5000 miles and spark plugs every 3000 miles.

The most important part is the TUNE. A rotary shop needs to do the tune, you cannot just take it to any dyno and have it done. There are a couple basemaps out their for the apexi PFC engine management system, which make your car run overly rich, which is a good starting point

There that is my minimalistic experience on the 7 thus far.

well said...

Sprayaway Fox
09-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Thanx 4 the input. I think gonna do some more research on things. I was looking at LS1 conversion for the 7's and there like 2500 on Grannys site. I cant do a acura cause friend did one. I think I'll kick back a while, and put a import back on the things to do list. Thanx guys:thumbsup

ND4SPD
09-14-2008, 07:14 AM
You could also do a MKIII Supra and do a LS1 conversion.

turbogarrett
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
My fd weighed in at 2750 with ~ 1/2 tank of fuel and has 50/50 f/r weight distribution. I don't have a/c or powersteering though.

I would go with hinson's stuff over grannies if you go that route. Check out v8rx7forum.com

Sprayaway Fox
09-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanx, Im just gonna take a breather. Im used to fox mustang prices intstead of import prices. Its a good possibility that My next ride will be an import though

LIZMO
09-14-2008, 08:32 PM
what about a Mazda Miata with a 5.0 302? since your familiar with how to make power out of it?

Sprayaway Fox
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
My crazy Ideas: Rx7 LS1 or 302 novi 2000. I think the Del sol look cool but nooo ballls. A 300zx,Acura is out cause friend is doing one Talked to a eclipse guru and he told me the reason mitsu's walk crank is because of stiff pressure plates. So I dont wanna get one of those. I thought of A civic hatch but everybody does those also. Ill figure it out though just gotta do more research on all of these cars and combos to see whats out there. With all the Letters and symbols guys say when the talk about there engine its kind of like Huh? like I said just perusing options for right now.

zerepdivad
09-15-2008, 12:22 AM
My crazy Ideas: Rx7 LS1 or 302 novi 2000. I think the Del sol look cool but nooo ballls. A 300zx,Acura is out cause friend is doing one Talked to a eclipse guru and he told me the reason mitsu's walk crank is because of stiff pressure plates. So I dont wanna get one of those. I thought of A civic hatch but everybody does those also. Ill figure it out though just gotta do more research on all of these cars and combos to see whats out there. With all the Letters and symbols guys say when the talk about there engine its kind of like Huh? like I said just perusing options for right now.

That's weird most people "move up" from imports to muscle cars. Don't ya think it'd be kind of a step back unless you did a v8 swap into a rwd import? Either way looks like you know what you're doing nonetheless.

boostin350z
09-16-2008, 12:49 AM
im a sucker for the rx7 w/ ls swap. but in terms of prices, honda is the way to go for cheap speed. ive never experienced such a thing where a complete motor+tranny+ecu costs less than my exhaust : (

Sprayaway Fox
09-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I got a ride in my friends acura and that makes was detuned to 440-450 at wheels. It runs on E85 and it has made 580 whp but it was undrivable. I asked him what gas milage he gets since he put some Ball Bearing turbo on it and he said 29 mpg....Long as you dont get into the boost. I was impressed since it idles and sounds like a stock acura. It is reliable too. He drives it to work everyday with no problems. Just the milage and power impresses me so thats why I am getting into it a lil more. Plus another friend is doing a 300zx that is "Secret" which means it will prolly be crazy. So might have to try one out.
The acura wants to race my white one and I told him it wouldnt be woth his gas cause it would stomp my car.

Z28Envy
09-16-2008, 01:59 AM
What does the acura look like? Is it around our neck of the woods?

Sprayaway Fox
09-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Mikey: Sprarkly blue civic same color cage, C5 tailights in rear, Transplanted type R front end, white rims tuned down 440 ish P Town
Dustin: RX7 Red with gold rims black cage goes 11's with room still for more boost O town
Steve: older RX7 LT1 5 speed, primer black, its his drift car but drives it on street, handbrake and all lol S Town
Matt?: Yellow conquest thats in the Dyno forum, havent met him yet but he knows me threw his brother and stories swapped between mutuals.
Justin: 1999 blue purple civic, worked, Surpercharged Nitrous HG
Charles: black VW carrado Totally built has teething problems last time i heard but it was out. Cascade
Nate: 300 ZX white built bottom end twin turbo not done yet Falls
Nates brother: Civ hatch 1.8 GSR trans, Turbo 1 size bigger than cummins diesel, setup owner built. Falls
Mike: Tilt nose civic, purple, WAS built, he sold it to a guy that blew it up and put stock engine in. Rip snortin Racing. Fondu

There out there just gotta find them. They dont go to shows because all of the posers that put the fake NOS tank in the back and win a trophy, plus the old guys that talk BS about them when they walk by the car. Most of these cars look stock, jus lowered and nice rims and paint, nothing crazy.

Z28Envy
09-16-2008, 03:58 AM
Probably have seen some of them. Does the vw guy work at import minded? I see that car everyday on my way to work. The other's I'm not sure if I have seen them. Do they all live around plymouth?

wikked
09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
So it sounds like the AWD eclipse isnt a good choice.

There are thousands in the 12's that would disagree with you :P

$3500 is way too much for a 1st gen though.

wrath
09-16-2008, 12:41 PM
How much are you looking to spend?

There are plenty of odd things to pick.

Turbocharged Solstice or Sky
GenIII or GenIV into a Solstice or Sky
GenIII or GenIV into a C4 Corvette
GenIII or GenIV into a 70s Nova
GenIII or GenIV into a Colorado or Canyon
GenIII or GenIV into a Fiero

There are tons of options to choose from. It's just do you want to go cookie cutter and how much do you want to spend.

Sprayaway Fox
09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I would prolly purchase a import that has nice paint and wheels and looks not all FF out. Then pull it all out and do it up. I keep all of my projects under around 10 gs cause otherwise you usually take a pretty big hit when you sell it. Thanx for all your input I joined some forums to see what everybody else is doing.:thumbsup

Bee
10-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Money wise, parts availbility, tuning and etc - Honda.
92-2000 civic with 350-400whp, daily driven and one fast ass car :).

listen to simon....remember: "SIMON SAYS"....:)

Nismo Dave, in a honda you don't necessarily need 450whp. Actually 450whp is way too much for a 2000-2100lb fwd civic. For the best all around car for the money the CIVIC is the best setup to build hands down. I've worked on and seen throughout my 12+ years in the import scene many setups from 240sx, supras, dsms, stis, etc etc and again the civic is the one. just my opinion whether anyone wants to agree or not.

Clean 92 Civic HB body: $1000
1.6L DOHC Vtec: $2000
Mild built 1.6L engine: $1200
Basic Turbo Kit: $2000
Misc. part(clutch, suspension,etc): $1200

Easily under $8K if DIY

15psi = 310-350whp
BFG drag radials(full street trim) 1/4mile time: 11.8-12.2@120+mph
Miller Park SCCA track time: 3 evos, 3 stis, 2 zo6, 1 nsx falls victim to it :D

this setup will still out handle many true sports car since it isn't too overly powered and weight distribution isn't overly placed since the DOHC engines come natural in Civics anyway in Japan. Turbo kit barely weighs 50lbs. Handling with slight suspension upgrades will be promising and you'll have those $30K+ sports car scratching their heads. With only 310-350whp it isn't overkill and that's where you want to be in a FWD anyways.

If you want RWD then an older 240sx DOHC is key :thumbsup

good luck on your search!!!

TURTLE
10-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Misc. part(clutch, suspension,etc): $1200

Easily under $8K if DIY

15psi = 310-350whp
BFG drag radials(full street trim) 1/4mile time: 11.8-12.2@120+mph
Miller Park SCCA track time: 3 evos, 3 stis, 2 zo6, 1 nsx falls victim to it :D

this setup will still out handle many true sports car since it isn't too overly powered and weight distribution isn't overly placed since the DOHC engines come natural in Civics anyway in Japan. Turbo kit barely weighs 50lbs. Handling with slight suspension upgrades will be promising and you'll have those $30K+ sports car scratching their heads. With only 310-350whp it isn't overkill and that's where you want to be in a FWD anyways.

If you want RWD then an older 240sx DOHC is key :thumbsup

good luck on your search!!!

were the driver's drunk? i know i can quote some results saying i finished ahead of the same cars in any event... but if you look at the top level drivers on that list in those cars, i'm at the bottom... don't think for one second that $1200 in suspension will allow you to hand a vette or a evo or an sti it's @ss in handling... i know full well what it takes to prep a suspension and tires... and 1200 will barely get you wheels and tires(cheep) to make you one step closer... i will say this though, well set-up, the civic can be fast, but don't think throwing an off-the-shelf coilover setup on one is gonna make it handle f1 style...

and for the record, about 250-275 is where it's at in a short course for fwd, with a small turbo(think 16g)... :banana1::banana:banana1::banana

Bee
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
turtle: hold on did you ever build and own a honda civic??? there are tons of used and new parts for civics at AWESOME prices. basic suspension work on a civic with decent tires handles very good and around 300ishwhp is a killer setup. when you have one and have raced one then share your experience. those power and basic suspension in a neon is totally different....NO COMPARISON.

TURTLE
10-04-2008, 01:53 AM
turtle: hold on did you ever build and own a honda civic??? there are tons of used and new parts for civics at AWESOME prices. basic suspension work on a civic with decent tires handles very good and around 300ishwhp is a killer setup. when you have one and have raced one then share your experience. those power and basic suspension in a neon is totally different....NO COMPARISON.

when did i say i hadn't driven one? you do realize that all i do is turn... it's a rarity to see me go down a 1/4 mile.. so while i may not be the authority on a lot of subjects, i do know what i'm talking about for the most part when it comes to the road racing and auto-x side of our hobby... and i'm calling bs on a $1200 budget for wheels, tires, and suspension to make your 300hp civic handle better than an evo, sti, nsx, vette, etc.. i'm not saying my neon is better... trust me, it's a beater that i tinker with, so don't get your rocks off trying to insult that... :rolleyes:

i will say this though... for about $2500 you can have one helluva nice setup all said and done.... for suspension and wheels and tires...

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
10-04-2008, 06:31 AM
A good street clutch for a b series will cost around 400+, and a good set up for struts and springs/ coilovers is well over 700. From here is camber adjustments, rear control arms, new bushings, and then you can choose the cash on wheels and tires. Not heating the fire in a pissing match, but having a 99 SI and a 97 DX brings you in on the details.

boostin350z
10-04-2008, 10:24 AM
you gotta pay to play.

turbogarrett
10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
If you guys are talking autox and just a fast all around, reliable car why not just go with a bolt-on evo or sti and be done with it? Year round fun and are getting more affordable by the day.

BeesTwinEG
10-04-2008, 12:55 PM
when did i say i hadn't driven one? you do realize that all i do is turn... it's a rarity to see me go down a 1/4 mile.. so while i may not be the authority on a lot of subjects, i do know what i'm talking about for the most part when it comes to the road racing and auto-x side of our hobby... and i'm calling bs on a $1200 budget for wheels, tires, and suspension to make your 300hp civic handle better than an evo, sti, nsx, vette, etc.. i'm not saying my neon is better... trust me, it's a beater that i tinker with, so don't get your rocks off trying to insult that... :rolleyes:

i will say this though... for about $2500 you can have one helluva nice setup all said and done.... for suspension and wheels and tires...

Still coming from a guy that drives a fuking wanna be Neon srt-4 ACR how suprising....:headbang go play with your friend barnie :devil

Bee
10-04-2008, 11:34 PM
dang simon don't get all bent up here. LMAO.

turtle: driving one for 10 minute doesn't count. when you have time come to the shop and i'll give you a ride in one. remember just to call in advance.

come on now guys.... most guys that want to get into the import scene coming from the V8 crowd probably don't want to spend $20K+ for an evo or sti better yet over $10K. It's about bang for the buck.

just my choices and my reasoning..sorry if any are offended.

1) Civic
2) Integra
3) 240sx
4) Civic

:)

nismodave
10-04-2008, 11:44 PM
You can only have 2 of the following.

Fast

Reliable

Cheap

Bee
10-04-2008, 11:59 PM
You can only have 2 of the following.

Fast

Reliable

Cheap

define "cheap"..........it's all relative :)

nismodave
10-05-2008, 12:00 AM
define "cheap"..........it's all relative :)

True. Cheap for a shop owner is different that cheap for a customer.

boostin350z
10-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Still coming from a guy that drives a fuking wanna be Neon srt-4 ACR how suprising....:headbang go play with your friend barnie :devil

nice, but the same goes for us in the honda world. how many type r stickers have you come across? just give a little credit where its due, and while his neon isnt the fastest thing to grace our roads, at least its something he can take pride in.

TURTLE
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
nice, but the same goes for us in the honda world. how many type r stickers have you come across? just give a little credit where its due, and while his neon isnt the fastest thing to grace our roads, at least its something he can take pride in.

thanks! and to bee, it was a little longer than 10 minutes...

i'd love to get a ride in one of these "uber" handling hondas, but i've had my fill of them at all the auto-x'ing this year... keep in mind, the cars i'm basing my opinions are fully set-up street mod cars and sts civics.... they are THE best handling fwd's out there at the auto-x... i can say names, but they're much too far above the "bolt-on" suspensions they wouldn't take an off the shelf set of coilovers to bolt on their car...

and simon, srt4 wannabe? please... where's the turbo and ability to not turn? learn of which you speak before you open the mouth or slam your fists on the keyboard because someone's speaking the truth that a civic, albiet fast, isn't as fast as a vette, sti, evo...

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
10-06-2008, 07:29 PM
thanks! and to bee, it was a little longer than 10 minutes...

i'd love to get a ride in one of these "uber" handling hondas, but i've had my fill of them at all the auto-x'ing this year... keep in mind, the cars i'm basing my opinions are fully set-up street mod cars and sts civics.... they are THE best handling fwd's out there at the auto-x... i can say names, but they're much too far above the "bolt-on" suspensions they wouldn't take an off the shelf set of coilovers to bolt on their car...

and simon, srt4 wannabe? please... where's the turbo and ability to not turn? learn of which you speak before you open the mouth or slam your fists on the keyboard because someone's speaking the truth that a civic, albiet fast, isn't as fast as a vette, sti, evo...

Well said

Sprayaway Fox
10-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Calm down guys, Would a CRX be a good platform to mod? wanna do somthing different then just a hatch. Have you guys seen that Red saturn with a SBC in it at union grove? like 2 know how much fab work that was.

BeesTwinEG
10-13-2008, 10:14 AM

go play with your barnie :rolf
you still is srt 4 acr wanna be. :thumbsup u need to think before you speak or slam the shit out of ur keyboard.

again hows ur gay buddy barnie doing?

Bee
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
it's cute how everyone chimes in and argues about different cases especially in a friendly way.;););)

CRX is a good platform, but most are rusted out. Here is what I'd do with a CRX.

Chassis: $1000
B16 DOHC Vtec engineswap: $1600
Misc. parts for swap: $500
Bolt-ons(header, muffler, etc): $800
Suspension/Strut cars(tein street coilover kit..not cheap ones): $800
Prothane bushings: $150
Rims and Tires(ADR with Kumos): $500

low 14sec setup for about $5000 and you can claim a badass import:)

You'll be very satisfied with this basic build..........I've done some with cams/fine tuning and yielded high 13s timeslips. And yes you can still get your infamous Honda-type mpg at 30-35mpg....

Bee
10-29-2008, 02:02 PM
True. Cheap for a shop owner is different that cheap for a customer.

most anyone in the US can afford a $8k-$10k car loan........... now that is cheap for a fast import..I mean a fast honda. u don't have to own a business to get this loan.

all 3 traits are possible together when you want to make it possible!!! :thumbsup

Irish
10-29-2008, 02:25 PM
go play with your barnie :rolf
you still is srt 4 acr wanna be. :thumbsup u need to think before you speak or slam the shit out of ur keyboard.

again hows ur gay buddy barnie doing?

Dude you're a f@g. You make Bee look bad by calling yourself his twin... If I was Bee I would be asking you to change your screen name.

micro_machine
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Ill go with a NEON cause its cool. j/k

1-civic if your low on funds. cheap fast and daily driver 30mpg on rc1000cc with 380hp mild build on b16 motor(thats what my civic push out).
2-240 ok on funds. this might be my next set-up for next year.
3-supra or nsx -if i had alote of funds.
these would be the 3 choices.:thumbsup

Flicktitty
11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Ill go with a NEON cause its cool. j/k

1-civic if your low on funds. cheap fast and daily driver 30mpg on rc1000cc with 380hp mild build on b16 motor(thats what my civic push out).
2-240 ok on funds. this might be my next set-up for next year.
3-supra or nsx -if i had alote of funds.
these would be the 3 choices.:thumbsup
what you planning on doing with a 240?

Exitspeed
11-05-2008, 01:40 PM

I second this question.

micro_machine
11-05-2008, 02:05 PM

Don't know yet but ive already had enough fun with Front wheel drive now its time to do REAR wheel drive still got winter think it over on what set up to go with but the turbo will be GT37R, and plus i still got the s4 b5 either ko4 or ko5 on aem fuel management system it's my wifes car i promise her low 11s car so we see. She's whoopen alote of a s s on hwy with 10lbs right now your typical swap honda, eclipse gt eclipse gst gsx, and the slower v8s v6s.:thumbsup