PDA

View Full Version : stupid gto owners

That_Guy
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
jk jk jk....

you have to see this video if you havent already... the best part is at the end...

http://revver.com/video/1156314/gone-get-together-goes-wrong-gto-club-wrecks-and-burnouts-compilation/

Reverend Cooper
09-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow talk about not the place or time!

Z28Envy
09-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow talk about not the place or time!

X2! I like how the guy that got rearended drives off!:loser:chair:

Poncho
09-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Tried to find Cobalt vids. found a few
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkwptPC7V10&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j_NiIcltsE

Those guys are idiots no matter what the car.

RanJer
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Tried to find Cobalt vids. None out there.

Probably because they're killing the model already :goof

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0808/gallery.chevrolet_cruze/

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/latest_news_reviews/2011_chevrolet_cruze_car_news

That_Guy
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Tried to find Cobalt vids. None out there.

i know i know... im just kidding...

That_Guy
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Probably because they're killing the model already :goof

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0808/gallery.chevrolet_cruze/

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/latest_news_reviews/2011_chevrolet_cruze_car_news

actually they are talking about how they plan on keeping the cobalt the first couple years that the cruze is out to see if the demand for the balt is still going to exist. it will be a model between the malibu and the balt

Reverend Cooper
09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
I think the crushed up cobalt in the second video makes it look meaner more aggressive,in fact better than when it rolled off the showroom floor.

Poncho
09-11-2008, 08:53 PM
I think the crushed up cobalt in the second video makes it look meaner more aggressive,in fact better than when it rolled off the showroom floor.

I'm trying to imagine a wrecked balt in a showroom floor. thats awesome.

HY35F2T
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
everyone smoke pot that was there?

That_Guy
09-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm trying to imagine a wrecked balt in a showroom floor. thats awesome.

well at least ill have the same thing in common with the gto owners..:rolf

both of are cars production got cut short

stealthy1ss
09-11-2008, 10:27 PM

Quit while your ahead.

lordairgtar
09-11-2008, 10:31 PM
God! Can't anyone make videos without that annoying wind rustling noise?

Poncho
09-11-2008, 10:45 PM

it did? Last I checked the VT/VX/YX/VZ Chassis Holden cars lasted from 1997-2006. The replacement VE Chassis Holden cars started in 2006. The 2-Door Monaro variant ran from 2001-2005 (as 2002-2006 models)

So learn what you are talking about, or sit your ass on the bleachers and shut the fvck up.

RanJer
09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
it did? Last i checked the vt/vx/yx/vz chassis holden cars lasted from 1997-2006. The replacement ve chassis holden cars started in 2006. The 2-door monaro variant ran from 2001-2005 (as 2002-2006 models)

so learn what you are talking about, or sit your ass on the bleachers and shut the fvck up.

GTO'rly?

Yea rly!

GTOwned!!

That_Guy
09-11-2008, 11:33 PM
it did? Last I checked the VT/VX/YX/VZ Chassis Holden cars lasted from 1997-2006. The replacement VE Chassis Holden cars started in 2006. The 2-Door Monaro variant ran from 2001-2005 (as 2002-2006 models)

So learn what you are talking about, or sit your ass on the bleachers and shut the fvck up.

last time i check they dont produce holden cars in the usa.. nor do they produce gto's in the usa anymore...

so..... i guess ill be seeing you sitting next to me in the stands.

That_Guy
09-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Quit while your ahead.

stfu tyler..... im going there.

Poncho
09-11-2008, 11:43 PM
last time i check they dont produce holden cars in the usa.. nor do they produce gto's in the usa anymore...
so..... i guess ill be seeing you sitting next to me in the stands.

last I checked they never "produced" Holden cars in the USA, nor the US. The car was never discontinued, the generation ended production.
As for Holden cars produced and imported in the US, they currently are. I've driven G8's myself. The truck is following. The Camaro is too. Chevrolet car, built and produced in a Holden plant, but thats not new, Chevrolets have been leaving that same Holden plants for a few years anyway.

Give me more, it's easy to debunk your little "theories."

GRAMPS SS
09-12-2008, 12:34 AM
the G8 is a Holden.???????..well...i rented one for the wife while her car was in the shop over labor day weekend to go to indy....i drove the car the night before she left, just to see what it was like........it's in my opinon.... a POS..i rented it..i paid for it...would not buy one for her...

it was the most uncomfortable car i have been in .....with the two drink holders in use..you couldn't shift the damm thing....rode hard as hell...worse then my SUV.window sill for putting your arm on..tooooo high..and she's short...the only thing good about it...gas milage dan...thats it......sorry dan...but it won't get my vote.....JMO..just that...JMO

PB86MCSS
09-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Dipsh!t driver....who does that entering a busy highway? If I was the car that he got in the way of(hit) I'd be irate at best.

Poncho
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
the G8 is a Holden.???????..well...i rented one for the wife while her car was in the shop over labor day weekend to go to indy....i drove the car the night before she left, just to see what it was like........it's in my opinon.... a POS..i rented it..i paid for it...would not buy one for her...

it was the most uncomfortable car i have been in .....with the two drink holders in use..you couldn't shift the damm thing....rode hard as hell...worse then my SUV.window sill for putting your arm on..tooooo high..and she's short...the only thing good about it...gas milage dan...thats it......sorry dan...but it won't get my vote.....JMO..just that...JMO

yea, the G8 is basically my car, updated. It's the next generation like a 93 camaro is a 4th gen to a 92 camaro.

VroomPshhTsi
09-12-2008, 08:58 AM
wow, definitely some of the most retarded drivers ever!!! doing a frickin' burnout on the shoulder of a 3-lane 50 MPH road!!!??? seriously, wtf?? :chair:

if I was one of the cars on the road driving by, i'd call the cops ASAP

ppl with any common sense do a burnout in an emtpy dead-end, parking lot, etc.

Poncho
09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
still waiting for stupid nate to shut me off or prove me wrong...

That_Guy
09-13-2008, 11:25 AM
still waiting for stupid nate to shut me off or prove me wrong...

this isnt about the platform .. this is about the car... they dont produce the gto anymore../ thread

thats like me saying well seeing how the hhr has the same platform my car is still in production.... wrong...

and i prefer to be called nasty nate not stupid nate:goof

Poncho
09-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I hear the 2005 Mustang was a complete failure, they discontinued it and made 2006's instead. What you implied was totally different.

Cut short? HHR is completely different it's practically a truck. What I'm comparing is the 4-door version of a car with a two door version, in which they share the same front ends exactly, full drivelines/powertrain, trunks, bumpers, taillights, interiors, etc.

That_Guy
09-13-2008, 11:42 AM
I hear the 2005 Mustang was a complete failure, they discontinued it and made 2006's instead. What you implied was totally different.

Cut short? HHR is completely different it's practically a truck. What I'm comparing is the 4-door version of a car with a two door version, in which they share the same front ends exactly, full drivelines/powertrain, trunks, bumpers, taillights, interiors, etc.

i understand what your saying but they dont produce the gt0 anymore...correct?

RanJer
09-13-2008, 12:02 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/128297835396720000iluvlamp.jpg

Greg@GLD
09-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Somebody tell Dan that they stopped making GTO's in 1974...

Poncho
09-13-2008, 12:22 PM
i understand what your saying but they dont produce the gt0 anymore...correct?

not produced? yes. cut short, no.

Thankfully the 32 Ford, AC Cobras and the 1955-56-57's are the only cars that I can think of that aren't failures, as production stopped, and then many many years later, it restarted.

Poncho
09-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Somebody tell Dan that they stopped making GTO's in 1974...

lol. It's OK, the Ford Mustang stopped in 1973, thankfully it was brought back in 2005. :rolf

Greg@GLD
09-13-2008, 12:34 PM
lol. It's OK, the Ford Mustang stopped in 1973, thankfully it was brought back in 2005.

Yea. I love my '05.

I loved my '03 Mach1 too. It woulda made you REAL mad. Seems we have a 1993 model, has a FORD 302 ci engine it it that seems to me resembles the same 302 from the 60's, kinda like the one in my '94... or am I wrong Dan?

Say it with me now Dan!!

"Real GTO's have PONTIAC engines in them!" :rolf

I remember those days when we REAL GTO owners had friendly wars with the other GM brands. Back when they had engines from the respective divisions. :shades

It's not a "Pontiac" and it's not a GTO. It's a lame answer to a legendary car that's been in constant production for 45 years. And they don't make those anymore either...

Are we far enough off topic yet? :goof

Poncho
09-13-2008, 01:00 PM
In general Real Pontiacs, Real Oldsmobiles, etc. died a long time ago. Real Buicks, they just recently died. It's just ribbing, but I completely agree with you.

If my budget allowed I'd gladly put the Holden fascia's back on the car. I could always do the same and turn it into a Chevy Lumina SS, and really mess with some heads. If anything it should have been a Grand Prix. I've noticed a TON of people that bought GTO's formerly had Supercharged 97-02 Grand Prix Coupes.

I don't care what they call it, I still would have bought the car.

Greg@GLD
09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
In general Real Pontiacs, Real Oldsmobiles, etc. died a long time ago. Real Buicks, they just recently died.

Agreed. See, we see it the same way when the dust settles... :thumbsup

Brian98GTP
09-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Actually, I think the correct answer is......

Who gives a fvck. :haveabeer

That_Guy
09-14-2008, 10:05 AM
In general Real Pontiacs, Real Oldsmobiles, etc. died a long time ago. Real Buicks, they just recently died. It's just ribbing, but I completely agree with you.

If my budget allowed I'd gladly put the Holden fascia's back on the car. I could always do the same and turn it into a Chevy Lumina SS, and really mess with some heads. If anything it should have been a Grand Prix. I've noticed a TON of people that bought GTO's formerly had Supercharged 97-02 Grand Prix Coupes.

I don't care what they call it, I still would have bought the car.

imo the holden fascia is way better looking..