PDA

View Full Version : S5 IS Camera question

CPonyGo
09-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I am a noob to the camera and just been trying different shots....

the other night at the Brewers game I was in the diamond loge 200s seats taking close ups of CC and some batters ect...I had the camera set on the second to the highest res setting...but when opened in the setting they are grainy and as I scale them down they look better....should I have changed a commpression setting?? or what??

Thanks for any gentle advice...

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Andy,

I have the same camera and don't have that issue, perhaps the lens was dirty?

pOrk
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
sounds like you need to turn down your iso

CPonyGo
09-11-2008, 02:17 PM
okay- like I said I am a noob to it..I was in auto mode but you can have different iso settings...?

wikked
09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
For action/fast moving shots, set it to Sports mode (the little running guy).
That should work a lot better, unless there is poor lighting.

CPonyGo
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
The lighting was great in the stadium and I was grabbing shots that were far off...like CC standing on the pitchers mound..blown up in full file- its grainy but reduced down to say a 800x600 they were tolerable...Just looking for a little direction while I play with it...thanks

Goat Roper
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM
The lighting was great in the stadium and I was grabbing shots that were far off...like CC standing on the pitchers mound..blown up in full file- its grainy but reduced down to say a 800x600 they were tolerable...Just looking for a little direction while I play with it...thanks

Noise Ninja is your friend.

Like the Pork said, your ISO was through the roof most likely and on P&S's really high ISOs=really bad noise for the most part. I have Noise Ninja, if you have a few photos you want processed send them over and I can take care of them.