PDA

View Full Version : Turbo setup for 99-05 grand am and other 3400 3.4 gm v6's

Boost21
09-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Just throwing this out there, It was a project that I didnt get to finish before school and now have a new car to dump money into.
Link:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/835289271.html
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I really cant budge on the price since Im already loosing money. Everything is new besides the exhaust manifolds and injectors.
Heres from mocking up/almost installing it.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/boostgt/turboooo/CIMG2099.jpg?t=1221146780

scaleracer
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Looks like a nice setup! I never knew they made them for these..

Boost21
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Looks like a nice setup! I never knew they made them for these..

They don't I fabbed it up :) I would love to get it on but its all off the car now and I would rather put the $$ into my other ride.

Will consider partial trades for a black cowl hood for a 5.0 or 93 cobra body pieces even though I don't think that will happen.

Goat Roper
09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Wonder if my wife would notice if I threw this on the Oldsmobile Silhouette of hers?

Boost21
09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Wonder if my wife would notice if I threw this on the Oldsmobile Silhouette of hers?

might be able to compete with those turbo caravans out there:rolf

70 cutlass 442
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM
this would be perfact for deggy

70 cutlass 442
09-11-2008, 02:57 PM
btw, there is no price....

Boost21
09-11-2008, 03:20 PM
btw, there is no price....

price and over 20 pictures are in the craigslist ad that I linked. want to at least get 1600 out of it, heres whats included...

I also have a spare oil pan as well as well as a 3400 block

What is included…
Front and rear manifold including Y pipe with turbo flange. The flange will need to have the weld finished on it. It was originally done for a different turbo but the garrett did not clear the hood, so it had to be cut and was tack welded to a angle that clears. You can see how it currently sits in the pictures.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BRAND NEW Garrett gt32 journal bearing turbo with a .48 a/r compressor and .68 exhaust. Internal waste gate set at 7lbs (good for about 240+ whp on the 3400 motor)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BRAND NEW 27x7x2.5" Intercooler with all piping (2.5"), red couplers, blow off valve and t bolt clamps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 28lb gm injectors that are a direct plug into stock harness for 2001 and newer cars
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
exhaust piping from turbo to the cat back flange (2.5" mandrel bent) some is tack welded, but all will need to have final weld done for your car
about 8 feet of red 5/8th vaccum hose
autometer sport comp 2 boost gauge, black with white numbers that is red backlit (just like stock grand am dashboard) vac to 30/boost to 20lbs Comes with vent mount to custom mount it into any of the 5 dash vents

6 NEW NGK tr6 spark plugs
Battery box with battery relocation wire and strap down kit
weld in bung for oil return
oil return fitting
1/2" oil return line
4an oil feed kit with restrictor
T fitting for easy pressurized oil feed install into the block
new gaskets for turbo, oil fittings, oil pan and catback flange
header wrap
stainless zip ties for header wrap
Stainless braided upper radiator hose
Stainless braided rear heater core line
Misc hardware, flanges, nuts/bolts and there might be some small other stuff
that I am not remembering at the moment that will be included.

Boost21
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Buuuuuump! :D

Sprayaway Fox
09-13-2008, 02:55 AM
There is a decent black 4 inch cowl for a mustang at a junkyard I know of with ok paint on it. Someone put the scoop onto the hood if you looking for something decent. prolly get it for like 30 bucks. I could get for you. Maybe cheaper since I do biz withem alot.

Deggy
09-13-2008, 09:09 AM
this would be perfact for deggy

Deggy isn't modding his Grand Am anymore......

Saving my money to move out soon.

Boost21
09-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Goin on ebay friday.

Deggy
09-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Good luck selling dude. No one on GAownersclub wants it? I figured some of those guys would be all over that shit.

Boost21
09-21-2008, 11:27 PM
bump ish is on ebay, tell all your friends with 3400 gerocery getters lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2005-Grand-Am-Turbo-custom-setup-v6-3-4-3400-alero_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3 a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q 2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem190253930369QQitemZ1902539303 69

Boost21
01-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Still got this, looking for 1400 delivered in the milwaukee area. Im back at home in chicago but wouldnt mind making a trip for a BCMer, plenty of pix and info for anyone interested.

70 cutlass 442
01-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Deggy,,,,,, Paging Deggy

Boost21
01-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Deggy,,,,,, Paging Deggy
lol I wish, last I talked to him he had a different project going on