PDA

View Full Version : Cindy McCain is a drifter?!?!

BOSS LX
09-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I saw this on Chitown.

I had no idea. I'm sure many didn't?

Quote:
And so McCain began to learn as much as possible about this mysterious driving technique. It turned out it was called drifting and had origins tracing back to the mountains of central Japan in the early 1990s. Months after first seeing drifting on television, McCain traveled to Japan with her son Jack, now a senior at the Naval Academy and an avid fan of motorsports, to take drifting lessons with a top instructor.

"I love it," McCain said, though she described herself as a below-average drifter. "I'm probably a little too cautious with it because it is abnormal from what you're taught when you're taught to drive. You're taught to keep control of your car. Everything you were taught in driver's ed, forget. That's what drifting is about."

Here's another fact many might find surprising: Cindy McCain, an heiress to a multimillion-dollar fortune, has had a passion for racing nearly her entire life. Her father, the late James Hensley, was known for founding one of the largest Anheuser-Busch distributors in the United States. But he also loved cars and first took McCain, raised as an only child, to the Indy 500 when she was about 12 years old. That inspired her in high school, when she took a class in auto mechanics and regularly attended drag races with friends.

"I'm a gearhead," McCain said with a smile in an interview last month in Phoenix.
Video, Ad Free: http://www.fquick.com/videos/viewvideo.php?id=7046
Full story: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/e60/n...ory?id=3571491

BOSS LX
09-10-2008, 07:18 PM
It is cool to know that the McCain's are into motor sports!

2006wrxtr
09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
here is a link to the actual story
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/e60/news/story?id=3571491

But yeah pretty cool

2006wrxtr
09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
sorry didn't see your link

70challenger452
09-11-2008, 12:39 AM
I wish my mom knew how to drift

badass88gt
09-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm afraid that the voting is gonna come down to things like this. So she drifts, meh. The Vice President is a total MILF, meh. I think most people "our" age is gonna ignore all teh issues and vote based on things like this. I wonder what kind of "cool" things Obama is gonna start doing?

Karps TA
09-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Typical govt wasteful spending. Wasting money on tires to make them smoke while taking turns instead of doing it the most effective and fiscal way.

VroomPshhTsi
09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical govt wasteful spending. Wasting money on tires to make them smoke while taking turns instead of doing it the most effective and fiscal way.

:rolf:rolf:rolf

Probably over-taxing us and buying the most expensive drift tires too

Poncho
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM

:rolf:rolf:rolf

nismodave
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Im not a fan of Drifting, but its pretty cool that the next First Lady owns a 240sx. :headbang

07ROUSHSTG3
09-11-2008, 10:14 AM
I was watching the story on espn or whatever channel. pretty cool!

Flicktitty
09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
does it show her in a car driving? or just talking about it?

My mom could talk about drifting too if it was my dad trying to get into the office. It's a good way to get young peoples vote.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
does it show her in a car driving? or just talking about it?

My mom could talk about drifting too if it was my dad trying to get into the office. It's a good way to get young peoples vote.

i was in the bar so i couldn't hear much, but i am pretty sure that they showed her driving a yellow vette, and spinning out :wooo

Karps TA
09-11-2008, 01:09 PM
She's stupid rich. I'm sure it's a great way for her to meet younger guys who can still get it up without John knowing.

HY35F2T
09-12-2008, 02:36 PM
She's stupid rich. I'm sure it's a great way for her to meet younger guys who can still get it up without John knowing.

hahahahaha maybe if she was like 25yrs younger.I perfer wideopen turns not lose dryed up.....

BadAzzGTA89
09-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I think that is awsome!
Good for women to have a hobby other than baking cookies.