View Full Version : Only 4 more days

Rocket Power
09-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Till bow season:headbang
I can't go out til sunday though:crying

That_Guy
09-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Edit...

Holy shit it starts on the 13th..... Im ******* jacked now.

Rocket Power
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Well it opens tomorrow . Good luck to everyone who going out:thumbsup

team beater
09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
cant wait, going out tuesday and next weekend

HP ADDICT
09-14-2008, 12:06 AM
going out tomorrow hopefully it will be productive.

Smokey1226
09-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Good luck guys, i havent even brought my Hoyt out in a couple years. Maybe i need to start up again.

Rocket Power
09-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Not looking good for me, 90% chance of rain Sunday :mad:

That_Guy
09-14-2008, 10:11 AM
i sat in the rain yesterday... all i saw was a dead squirt that i shot with a judo tip.... every year there is one squirrel that keeps ******* with me... and i finally got that bugger... im going to go hunt this afternoon if it clears up.

HP ADDICT
09-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Looks like I will be going up for the evening today. Hopefully the rain slows.

Rocket Power
09-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Rained just about the whole day where I hunt, I was at my inlaws which is about a mile from where we hunt. Getting sick as the day went on and didn't feel like going out and getting wet while already feeling like crap. Can't go again till sat, too busy between school, work and other things. At least there probably wasn't much pressure with the crappy weather

73Dustr
09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I went out last night for two hours. I think it was too windy for them to be moving. Got up this morning, and it was raining pretty hard. We decided to write the morning off. Went to get lunch at my friend's where we planned on hunting this morning, and there were two small 6 pointers sparring in light rain. Guess we should have just gotten wet this morning, the deer were obviously active. We just figured it's only day two and it wasn't worth getting soaked this early in the season.

HP ADDICT
09-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Well just got back. Saw about 14 deer. I had 2 nice doe walking right towards me but I think they caught my scent as they turned away. Saw one buck that had a big body but was probably only a 6-8er. Came out about 70 yards away and went the other direction.

Smokey1226
09-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Well just got back. Saw about 14 deer. I had 2 nice doe walking right towards me but I think they caught my scent as they turned away. Saw one buck that had a big body but was probably only a 6-8er. Came out about 70 yards away and went the other direction.

Start flinging some arrows!!!! lol

I had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago during Gun season. I counted 14 deer, a couple small basket 4/6 pointers but decided to wait?

Didnt see anything for the next 2 days. Finally the morning of the last day of our hunt, walks a 12 pointer 18" inside, 225+ lbs and i let him have it.

Gotta love hunting! :thumbsup

That_Guy
09-14-2008, 10:58 PM
hunted this afternoon.. had a doe come scampering though a trail thats near my stand.. then she cut under my stand and walked into the field.. she stayed in the field for about a half an hour.. i could have shot her a couple times but i was hoping that a buck would be right behind her with the way she was acting.. no luck though.. i already have a doe tag from last year so im good to go.. not to mention its herd management up are cabin up north so im in a position where i can be kinda picky.. plus side for the day is there weren't any squirrels around. still carry a judo tip just encase..

HP ADDICT
09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Start flinging some arrows!!!! lol

I had the same thing happen to me 2 years ago during Gun season. I counted 14 deer, a couple small basket 4/6 pointers but decided to wait?

Didnt see anything for the next 2 days. Finally the morning of the last day of our hunt, walks a 12 pointer 18" inside, 225+ lbs and i let him have it.

Gotta love hunting! :thumbsup

I never fling arrows bow hunting lol. I was going to make sure any shot I took today was a very very high percentage shot since it was raining. At least I know there are alot of deer up here again this year!