PDA

View Full Version : When you were little.........

Voodoo Chick
09-09-2008, 12:44 AM
When you were a little kid, what movie scared the living hell out of you, and why? For me, it was The Dark Crystal. It was just so damn creepy, and to me, everything about it was unpleasant. I remember getting so freaked out by it, I had nightmares. To this day, I still don't like it......

Brandon W.
09-09-2008, 12:47 AM
nightmare on elm street is a scary movie for a 7 yr old...enough said

HY35F2T
09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VfteEihDzEI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VfteEihDzEI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

that movie scared the crap out of me.along with killer clowns from outerspace ugh.Great now i get to try and sleep.

awsomeears
09-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Hell Raiser, there was only one scene that got to me. There were bee's everywhere and they were flying inside some dudes mouth and killed him.

Sheesh.............

stenchmiester
09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
the movie phantasm scared me especialy when the spiked balls flew at you

Voodoo Chick
09-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Oh, another REALLY bad one was "The Thing." I think it was directed by John Carpenter, but I could be wrong. That movie was FREAKY.

Silver86
09-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Alien

Z28Envy
09-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Pee Wee's big adventure!!!

Breecher_7
09-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Gremlins....

Not sure why, but it scared the hell out of me for years. I guess because I saw it when I was 2 years old.

Now I find it funny

b4mytm
09-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Salem's Lot.......atleast parts of it,but I'm sure my brothers helped make it scarier,lol

Poncho
09-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Pee Wee's big adventure!!!

Large Marge fvcked me up

michelle
09-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Bambi. That whole fire scene and then the hunter shooting his mommy. ):

Poncho
09-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Bambi. That whole fire scene and then the hunter shooting his mommy. ):

seriously? lame.

michelle
09-09-2008, 06:45 AM
seriously? lame.

I was little and was afraid of that part. Always had to fast-forward through it.

Otherwise all those Chuckie movies freaked me out too.

But I am sorry my fears as a child were lame to you. I didn't really have access to a lot of movies when I was younger to be afraid of.

VroomPshhTsi
09-09-2008, 08:03 AM
IT the clown... freaked me out as a kid, one of the reasons I still don't like clowns lol

animal
09-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Clowns for the win! For me it's the clown in Poltergeist.

Note: all you really need to mess a kid up for life is a dark closet, a strobe light, and a lifelike toy clown. "If you don't behave, I'm going to put you in with the clown". Ha!

JC70SS
09-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Poltergeist and Children of the Corn

SLOWC5
09-09-2008, 08:37 AM
IT-

X2 for hating clowns still to this day

Car Guy
09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
There is one that sticks in my head like no other and the was about 1985 (5 years old). I wasn't supposed to be watching it but I had slipped out of bed and into the living room while my parents were watching it without them knowing. I only remember one part and it had to do with the 'boogeyman' being under the stairs or in the closet. Needless to say it scared the sh!t out of me and I was deathly afraid of the closet in my bedroom AND the basement stairs for YEARS to come.....:wooo

Oh the memories......:rolleyes:

http://www.horroryearbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/boogeyus1sheet1x1.jpg

LIZMO
09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
mine was definently chucky. whenever id watch it, i had to have a towel close by so when they showed his face i could cover mine... lmao i was lame. now i love scary movies.

Poncho
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I was little and was afraid of that part. Always had to fast-forward through it.

Otherwise all those Chuckie movies freaked me out too.

But I am sorry my fears as a child were lame to you. I didn't really have access to a lot of movies when I was younger to be afraid of.

Simmer, I didn't mean it like that. Unless I forgot, isn't the only thing that happens is a "gun shot?"

CobraSnake
09-09-2008, 09:56 AM
I would have to say the two that pop out the most are "People Under the Stairs" and "IT". I'm not afraid of clowns anymore but damn that movie scared the crap outta me. Oh and kinda like Justins story the movie people under the stairs made it almost impossible for me to go in the basement by myself till I was probably 12 or so. Even when I'm in the basement by myself to this day i'm always looking over my shoulder or thinking somebodies watching me.

Mark

Karps TA
09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Poltergeist.

That damn clown which I had one just like it. And the tree. That movie freaked me out for a bunch of years.

dfr225
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZVq2Gm_Zjk

Made me so scare of clowns back then I wouldn't go near one. seriously lol

Voodoo Chick
09-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I remember an episode of "The Simpsons" where Bart gets freaked out by a clown, and he's supposed to be sleeping, but he's sitting on the floor, rocking back and forth, saying over and over, "Can't sleep, clowns'll eat me.....can't sleep, clowns'll eat me......" It was funny as hell.....but I agree with alot of you here, clowns are scary as f***, lol!! And it's funny how many of our parents thought we would love clown dolls or pictures as children!! HA!

Irish
09-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Evil Dead freaked me out when I was a kid.... Evil Dead II and The Army of Darkness were just cheezy!

When I was ten, it was Faces of Death... My older cousins popped it in and said it was fake and then after we watched it, they showed me the box, where I read that it was real...

Clowns don't scare me, they are just annoying as sh1t. Now demonic little kids is a totally different story.... Think Redrum...

Goat Roper
09-09-2008, 11:55 AM
the movie phantasm scared me

x2

Mudd Runner
09-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Poltergeist being little and trying to go to sleep with a old black and white tv that glowed after it was shut off.

MoCkiN U
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
It wasnt so much the movie that freaked me out as much as it was the music. To this day "Twilight Zone" theme still gives me the creeps. It seemed to always get me right when I had turned the lights off and here would come that show

ND4SPD
09-09-2008, 04:49 PM
F'in Poltergeist... I was 8 years old and for some reason when it first came out it was PG. A buddy of mine (who was 10) and I walked right in. He'd told me it was about UFOs and cool stuff like that (being the space nut I was I thought 'cool'). I'd never seen the promos though so I had no idea what I was in for. I had to sleep in the middle of the living room floor that night with my mom I was so freaked out. I don't think I slept for more than 15 minutes at a time for probably the next week. To this day I refuse to watch horror movies. If I want to scare myself now I just imagine what it'll be like with Barack Obama as president.:rolf

WhatsADSM
09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
It wasnt so much the movie that freaked me out as much as it was the music. To this day "Twilight Zone" theme still gives me the creeps. It seemed to always get me right when I had turned the lights off and here would come that show

X2 !!

When I was a youngster my dad showed me the twilight zone episode where some guy does a hit and run... Then the car begins to come to life and die at the intersection where he did it. The radio would turn on on it's own. Eventually I think the car autonomously chases the guy down.

As a little kid that scared the SHIT out of me... I think I made my dad turn off the TV. :rolf

ND4SPD
09-09-2008, 07:58 PM
X2 !!

When I was a youngster my dad showed me the twilight zone episode where some guy does a hit and run... Then the car begins to come to life and die at the intersection where he did it. The radio would turn on on it's own. Eventually I think the car autonomously chases the guy down.

As a little kid that scared the SHIT out of me... I think I made my dad turn off the TV. :rolf

Sounds like the movie Christine. My dad loved that movie.

Goat Roper
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Sounds like the movie Christine. My dad loved that movie.

When the car is on fire and coming up behind that guy.........

That_Guy
09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
e.t.... i love watching it now.. but the part when they take e.t. into the big plastic bubble... is right about where i had to turn the movie off.. idk why..

2006wrxtr
09-09-2008, 08:22 PM
The Exorcist... Saw it when I was about 10.. I went to a Lutheran School and they always told us how Evil the Devil was and all that jazz.. seemed like it could really happen guess that was what the scariest part was..

Also a movie I saw when I was in second 1st or 2nd grade. We lived in an old farm house in northern Wisconsin and I stayed up late with my dad and watched this movie with a monster made of mud that was attacking people in an old house. they cut off its hand and the hand was getting people. they finally figured out that salt would kill it. they lured it into the ocean (I guess) and it burst into flames. I slept in the middle of my bed (top bunk) for years after that feariong that it would come and get me. Don't know the name off the movie..

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
PIRAHNA,**** I never wanted to swim again

ND4SPD
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
e.t.... i love watching it now.. but the part when they take e.t. into the big plastic bubble... is right about where i had to turn the movie off.. idk why..

Because you're a sap... this is the scary movie thread... not the sappy movie thread. :D

Nick
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM
There was this one movie, i think it was from the 80's. The cover had some Big haunted mansion on a hill, and some old dude with a knife. I think it was called The Key or some shit. I dunno... i wish I could remember. I just remember people getting stabbed and shit. Scared me.

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 08:58 PM
e.t.... I love watching it now.. But the part when they take e.t. Into the big plastic bubble... Is right about where i had to turn the movie off.. Idk why..

emo

That_Guy
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Because you're a sap... this is the scary movie thread... not the sappy movie thread. :D

no.. because of the dudes in the bubble suites.. and e.t. being all pale and shit...

" Elllllllllllliiiiiiiiioooooooottttttt......."

That_Guy
09-09-2008, 09:00 PM
emo

blow me.. that was scary as shit back when i was a kid....

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 09:02 PM
blow me.. that was scary as shit back when i was a kid....

oh wait I was wrong,Homosexual EMO,my bad so solly

RanJer
09-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Stephen King's "Cat's Eye" - I still can't sleep with any part of my body hanging off the bed...

That_Guy
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
oh wait I was wrong,Homosexual EMO,my bad so solly

... thats... fine... ill remember this... your day will come...

in all seriousness... ....:stare

:rolf

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Take a joke or cry its all the same to me

That_Guy
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Take a joke or cry its all the same to me

im just kidding... but e.t. really did scare the shit out of me when i was younger...

Slow Joe
09-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Clockwork Orange... I think it was just cause it was... strange...

Al
09-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Of all places, the movie that freaked me out the most, I saw at a church!

From "A Distant Thunder" (1978) Also Titled "Image of the Beast"

I was shown this video when I attended a church-lock-in when I was a freshman in highschool. It was to be one of those "scare you straight" type films that would make you convert yourself to Christianity. Apparently, my Catholic upbringing didn't set me straight with God, so these Baptists were going to show me reality. It was a real shock for me.

What made this film so potent was that the group of friends I went with strongly believed this film. I wished that I could have gone back 24 hours and not go with my friends to the lock in. To me, it seemed like these people wanted me to join a cult.

Before I saw this movie, I was a happy youth and full of love for all of God's people and creation in the world. Afterwards, I felt like I had been brainwashed by Fred Phelps (that godhatesfags.com guy). I couldn't eat or sleep right for days.

The main point of this movie was "if you don't commit to Christ before the rapture, the government is going to cut your head off afterwards if you don't accept the sign of the beast."

Mark of the Beast 666 Execution Beheading
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMYYdKVHHOo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMYYdKVHHOo&feature=related

Actual Execution!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9DIW0r8gqA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9DIW0r8gqA&feature=related

Let me put it this way: 9/11 was less disturbing to me.

lordairgtar
09-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Scary movie was for me "The Day The Earth Stood Still". That robot with the lazer beam eyes really freaked me out. Combined with the freaky electronic music they used...WOW. I really like those old sci-fi movies now, but the freaked me when I was a kid.

Cryptic
09-09-2008, 11:33 PM
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - I was 6 years old.