PDA

View Full Version : Thank God... The Favre Sack Riders Can Shut Up Now

xxsn0blindxx
09-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Rodgers played like Favre on a good day tonight. I hope all the douchetards wearing Favre Jets jerseys got heckled out of the stadium.

Car Guy
09-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I agree with you but still love Farve and hope the Pack meets the Jets in the Super Bowl.....:headbang

nismodave
09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Lets waiy for week 8 before we annoint the new guy.

mynameismike65
09-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I cant bash on Favre.....I mean I have grown up watching him. When I think Packers I think Favre,Brookes,Freeman,Chewy,Reggie,Levens,ect. It was sad to see one of the last of the pack dynasty leave. I dont blame Favre for having to leave at all and Im not ready to embrace Rodgers yet. Farve set so many records,started so many consecutive games,played for the pack so many seasons,ect.......I feel he is getting bashed unfairly

Silver03SRT
09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
He played well and won a game. The Packers made a lot of mistakes and he was able to overcome them. Lets see how long he can do this and how healthy he stays. Like someone already said lets see him at week 8. I still think it was a bad move on both players parts favre/packers in what happened. I would rather see favre taking the snap, for some reason its just not the same. After week 16 we will see what happens and who is the better team.

0TransAm0
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
favre is a douch for doing what he did.. i hated all favre talk that the announcers did during the game i just wanted to punchem in the face and tellem to STFU about it already. i hope we meet the jets in the superbowl and rodgers shoves it down favres throat....

Karps TA
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Rodgers did play very well, but let's see him answer the bell week in and week out. He can have a perfect game every week, but if he only starts 8 games a year, it doesn't really do much good.

I never doubted that Rodgers has some talent. It's his durability that is in question.

Silver03SRT
09-09-2008, 09:25 AM
favre is a douch for doing what he did.. i hated all favre talk that the announcers did during the game i just wanted to punchem in the face and tellem to STFU about it already. i hope we meet the jets in the superbowl and rodgers shoves it down favres throat....

and what did he do exactly? he retired then decided he want to come back and knew that it wasnt a very good chance it wouldnt be with green bay so he asked for a trader? he changed his mind. what if it was some random guy that no one heard about would there be so much media attention.

Karps TA
09-09-2008, 10:02 AM
and what did he do exactly? he retired then decided he want to come back and knew that it wasnt a very good chance it wouldnt be with green bay so he asked for a trader? he changed his mind. what if it was some random guy that no one heard about would there be so much media attention.

Hell Lance Armstrong just unretired and people are celebrating him for doing it. And he waffled on coming back every year as well. People act like Favre was the first guy to ever do this.

dfr225
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Its ridiculious for how all these people hate on Favre.

The head management tried to buy him to stay retired. Honestly, all he wanted to do was play. After EVERYTHING he has done for this franchise, for people to just turn around and point fingers at only him and say, " BOO Favre " is just flat out stupidity. Ted, Mark, and Mike are just as much at fault here.

dfr225
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I will wear my Favre Packer and Jets jersey with pride when I put them on.

Yooformula
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
OMG....HE QUIT!!! He didnt get fired!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

CobraSnake
09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I was saying this yesterday in the bar. It will take a loooooong time for some to except aaron rodgers as their new QB. He needs to have a ton more games like last night in order to gain respect from some peeps. I was also stating the announers and ESPN poeple were saying that roders couldn't put the ball in those smaller pockets like favre could. Well I'd say that last nights game showed quite well that not only can he get in those tight pockets but he can rocket them in there just like favre could.

Mark

SmokinRAM114
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Well I'd say that last nights game showed quite well that not only can he get in those tight pockets but he can rocket them in there just like favre could.

Mark

:stare no sheet the one like 60+ yard pass and the end zone pass to follow that:stare

Yooformula
09-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I really think people are holding rodgers to a standard that just cant be done in this day and age. QB's are lasting what 5 yrs per team nowadays? he may be good but to hold him to a Farve standard AFTER the guy played 16 years is really not fair.

flyin_blue_egg
09-09-2008, 05:58 PM
He played well and won a game. The Packers made a lot of mistakes and he was able to overcome them. Lets see how long he can do this and how healthy he stays. Like someone already said lets see him at week 8. I still think it was a bad move on both players parts favre/packers in what happened. I would rather see favre taking the snap, for some reason its just not the same. After week 16 we will see what happens and who is the better team.

that is what excited me the most about the game...he was faced with multiple stupid penalties by his team and he over came them to win

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Lets waiy for week 8 before we annoint the new guy.

x 11 billionty,every game rodgers plays the more tape there is to figure out his characteristics,Its a matter of time

moels
09-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Teams had 17 years to figure out Favre's characteristics and that didn't stop him. Rodgers is an athletic QB that can also push the ball downfield. He'll be fine if he can keep avoiding the big hit as he did last night.

Greg@GLD
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
x 11 billionty,every game rodgers plays, the more experience he gets in making reads and recognizing coverages and blitz schemes. Its a matter of time

Damn right!

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Teams had 17 years to figure out Favre's characteristics and that didn't stop him. Rodgers is an athletic QB that can also push the ball downfield. He'll be fine if he can keep avoiding the big hit as he did last night.

time will tell,plus he is never gonna be a Favre. I dont know how we can compare apples to oranges. Just a matter of time. hopefully his time is up on the 21st

fivonut
09-09-2008, 08:43 PM
...hopefully his time is up on the 21st

Skeered aren't ya!!!!!!:wow:wow:wow

moels
09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I am not saying Rodgers will be anything close to Favre, just that he can move the offense and will be a stable quarterback as long as he is in GB and stays healthy. He moves well which should help him avoid injury and as he learns to make reads and all the stuff that comes with the experience of starting, he will be ok.

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Skeered aren't ya!!!!!!:wow:wow:wow

Very far from the truth

badass88gt
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Who's to say Rodgers won tbe the next Favre? Only time will tell. Hell, Favre's first regular season pass was an interception that went the other way for 6 points. How good did he turn out? He may not be a man of his word, but he can throw a football.

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
And I will call you to tell you,I told ya so!!! ^

badass88gt
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Tell me what?

Reverend Cooper
09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Tell me what?

that a-rod sucks and i called it

badass88gt
09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Why are you bringing baseball players into this discussion?

70challenger452
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
A-Rod is aaron rodger's nickname

CobraSnake
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I am not saying Rodgers will be anything close to Favre, just that he can move the offense and will be a stable quarterback as long as he is in GB and stays healthy. He moves well which should help him avoid injury and as he learns to make reads and all the stuff that comes with the experience of starting, he will be ok.

wow you know your stuff. You can tell who the true packer fans in this thread are. Hey coop aren't you a dallas fan??? We will see on the 21st.

Mark

Reverend Cooper
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
^ Yup we will see on the 21st

nismodave
09-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Rodgers gets hurt....Favre has 6 TDs. Hmmmmmmmm......

That_Guy
09-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Rodgers gets hurt....Favre has 6 TDs. Hmmmmmmmm......

my girlfriend told me there are planning on rioting up in green bay.. :rolf

Holeshot
09-29-2008, 08:14 AM
I really think people are holding rodgers to a standard that just cant be done in this day and age. QB's are lasting what 5 yrs per team nowadays? he may be good but to hold him to a Farve standard AFTER the guy played 16 years is really not fair.

QFT..

Also the better Favre does the better our draft picks are.:thumbsup