PDA

View Full Version : Body shop

David95Z28
09-08-2008, 04:19 PM
My car got broke into about 2 mounths ago and I just got my insurance check in the mail today. It isent what they said it was going to be. the ajuster didnt put everything that was broke on it so now i have to take it somewhere to fix it. but dont want everything fixed!

kornholio788
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM
That is just how insurance companies own you. They give you a check for alot less than what it will actually take. Then when you complain they say that well have the shop let us know and we will give them another check. Another reason why I hate insurance companies.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
So bagged Neon who should he go to ? You deal with these local bodyshop's, who is doing the best work for the buck ?

GRAMPS SS
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
My car got broke into about 2 mounths ago and I just got my insurance check in the mail today. It isent what they said it was going to be. the ajuster didnt put everything that was broke on it so now i have to take it somewhere to fix it. but dont want everything fixed!

so let me see if i have this right..

your car got broke into..

you called your insurance co...and filed a claim

they sent you a check...but not for the full fix...

but now you don't want it fixed...you want the CASH....

RIGHT................

then have the insurance company write YOU a check...our insurance writes the check out to us for the few claims we have had....

SSDude
09-08-2008, 06:09 PM

Spell check FTW

Car Guy
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf

http://franz.keferboeck.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/word.jpg

David95Z28
09-08-2008, 07:25 PM
When I called them today they said to give the check to the bodyshop that is going to do the work and they will have to contact him with the damage that the ajuster didnt see. I told the lady what was broke and showed her and she didnt put it in.

scaleracer
09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf

http://franz.keferboeck.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/word.jpg

Lmfao! That's awesome! :rolf

Car Guy
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
It's older than Jesus but it still makes me chuckle everytime I see it.....:devil

Adam Brooks
09-09-2008, 10:37 PM
all the bs on here aside, you can take your car to any body shop you want and have an estimate for the damages. you can also use any body shop you want for the repairs. you do NOT have to use the people they recommend. Adjusters work for the insurance co, no you. Do not cash any checks until you are satisfied w/ the payout amount and the work done.

if the insurance co writes the check to you and you deposit or cash, you cant go back for more.

better yet, I recommend you have the insurance co pay the body shop directly if you wish to repair your vehicle. That way if the estimate the shop had originally is low, the shop will go to the co for more $$. its the insurance company and body shops problem, not yours

Adam Brooks
09-09-2008, 10:39 PM
that check the said to give to the body shop, F that. destroy it and have the insurance co pay directly to them. if you give it to the shop they do NOT have to give you more money if you need it since you technically cashed/deposited/payed to the order of'd that thing. Checks are binding contracts in the state of WI.

juicedimpss
09-10-2008, 08:24 AM
all the bs on here aside, you can take your car to any body shop you want and have an estimate for the damages. you can also use any body shop you want for the repairs. you do NOT have to use the people they recommend. Adjusters work for the insurance co, no you. Do not cash any checks until you are satisfied w/ the payout amount and the work done.

if the insurance co writes the check to you and you deposit or cash, you cant go back for more.

better yet, I recommend you have the insurance co pay the body shop directly if you wish to repair your vehicle. That way if the estimate the shop had originally is low, the shop will go to the co for more $$. its the insurance company and body shops problem, not yours

i get to deal with these scumbags(insurance adjusters) every day. this is the BEST way to go about the repairs to your car.
of coarse,if you dont want the car fixed because you would rather use the money like a winning lottery ticket on other stuff,you are on your own.