PDA

View Full Version : what if..."rage virus "

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 11:41 AM
im sure most of you have seen the movie 28 days and then the movie 28 days later.. where people get the rage virus... all hell breaks out... basically you get infected you want to bite people... and act like a zombie... :rolf

he Rage virus does not directly cause the death of its host, but because the host is solely focused on infecting or killing the non-Infected, it causes those infected to become disinterested in self-nourishment which will eventually cause death by starvation. Since the virus causes those infected to act with no regard for self-preservation, they will not act to evade mortal danger, such as fire or chemical gas.

The Infected experience spasms in the extremities, and their irises become blood red. They also vomit copious amounts of infected blood.

It has also been shown that the Infected use their sense of smell to find the uninfected and that trace amounts of products such as perfume or soap will attract them to the source.[3]

soooooo with that said...

lets say shit goes down... what would you do....

i would gather all my firearms get my family members and hall ass up to my families cabin up in jump river... i feel that would a a pretty good place to go considering its in the middle of nowhere. at the moment i have enough ammo to supply a small army " thank you gander mountain moving sale" so that wouldn't be an issue.. id probly fill a laundry basket full of deer meat from the freezer... i can fit 4 people inside my car beside myself, my firearms, and my deer meat. i would get my girlfriend, my 2 brothers, and somebody i can eat when we run out of deer meat.. :rolf jk..

07ROUSHSTG3
09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
i think some on here already have that virus.

good plan, mine would be about the same. load the truck up with lots of ammo, beer, and food and i would head north.

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM
i decided that my 4th person would be my good friend nick because he just bought one of these

http://taurususa.com/video/taurus-theJudge-video.cfm

shoooo32
09-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Gotta get one of those. Puts big holes in zombies.:headbang

07ROUSHSTG3
09-08-2008, 11:53 AM
i don;t like how the taurus grips are soo big. i have never been able get used to any taurus gun?!!?!?

i would love to shoot one of those with .410 loads though!! looks awesome.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-08-2008, 11:54 AM
did you see that pattern at the end of the vid!! HOLY SH!T!! now i really want one!

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
i don;t like how the taurus grips are soo big. i have never been able get used to any taurus gun?!!?!?

i would love to shoot one of those with .410 loads though!! looks awesome.

for sure he is coming out to my house this weekend to put it through the ringer... where going to make a red neck ballistics set up by soaking a telephone book in water then shoot at it.. a few times lol... when you have 40 acre... you can pretty much get away with murder..

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
did you see that pattern at the end of the vid!! HOLY SH!T!! now i really want one!

when i saw that all i was thinking was "BOOOM HEAD SHOT" :rolf

Yooformula
09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
dayum! that is a badass gun!!!

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
dayum! that is a badass gun!!!

complete understatement... ill post a few video's / pictures from this weekend when he comes over to shoot..

07ROUSHSTG3
09-08-2008, 12:05 PM
when you have 40 acre... you can pretty much get away with murder..

then when we don't here from you monday, we will now know where you are :goof

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
then when we don't here from you monday, we will now know where you are :goof

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Rocket Power
09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow a SHTF thread on a non gun board:rolf

ND4SPD
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Well I've got my .45, the wife has her .380 and we've got an older 12ga and of course the M1 I just bought. I hope to expand that collection to include an M4 and a Benelli M1/M2. I've got plenty of virtual zombie killing experience so hopefully that translates to the real world. :rolf

Irish
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Blamo!

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Well I've got my .45, the wife has her .380 and we've got an older 12ga and of course the M1 I just bought. I hope to expand that collection to include an M4 and a Benelli M1/M2. I've got plenty of virtual zombie killing experience so hopefully that translates to the real world. :rolf

no kidding god willing my zombie killing skillz on gaming counsel will transfer over

wrath
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Those aren't bad, they're dumb. Just need to wait it out. So, essentially, find a freestanding grocery store not in a major city near a heavy equipment place/concrete place and turn it into a giant fortress. Don't forget to steal a generator and a couple tankers.

The ones you have to worry about:
Resident Evil. Can be airborne and/or mutates. That sucks. Good thing is that they're dumb.

I Am Legend. Fsckers are smart and have superhuman abilities. Basically need to live in a high-rise with steel walls so they can't climb them. And they don't naturally die.

Jeremiah (mediocre post-apocalyptic tv series). Airborne plague that kills anyone past puberty. Hard to beat this one.

My parents live in a two-story raised elevation house in a semi-rural area on a peninsula of land surrounded by 3 fields. My mom squirrels away food like you wouldn't believe for no apparent reason. They probably have a year of food in the house, could easily make it last longer. My Dad has a 15kw generator and a hundred gallons of gas (it's nice when you lose power and it doesn't affect anything in your life) so that'd keep them going for a little while. They usually have ~1.5 years worth of propane for heat at any given time and they could make that last two years if they put the thermostat below 72. My Dad, since he currently has both my ammo and his... probably has 40,000 rounds squirreled away. More than twice the number of people within 10 miles in all directions.

This discussion brings me to another question... I'll ask in another thread.

Troutman
09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
i'd be pro-zombie..but not an average one, more like the one in "i am legend" that kept head-butting the bullet proof 2" thick glass. you know, too stupid to pick up a club or use his fists, but a bad ass none the less.
i'd probably just bite people that i didnt like, and refrain from traveling into the country. keep a few people down in a hole for snacks..that sort of thing

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Those aren't bad, they're dumb. Just need to wait it out. So, essentially, find a freestanding grocery store not in a major city near a heavy equipment place/concrete place and turn it into a giant fortress. Don't forget to steal a generator and a couple tankers.

The ones you have to worry about:
Resident Evil. Can be airborne and/or mutates. That sucks. Good thing is that they're dumb.

I Am Legend. Fsckers are smart and have superhuman abilities. Basically need to live in a high-rise with steel walls so they can't climb them. And they don't naturally die.

Jeremiah (mediocre post-apocalyptic tv series). Airborne plague that kills anyone past puberty. Hard to beat this one.

My parents live in a two-story raised elevation house in a semi-rural area on a peninsula of land surrounded by 3 fields. My mom squirrels away food like you wouldn't believe for no apparent reason. They probably have a year of food in the house, could easily make it last longer. My Dad has a 15kw generator and a hundred gallons of gas (it's nice when you lose power and it doesn't affect anything in your life) so that'd keep them going for a little while. They usually have ~1.5 years worth of propane for heat at any given time and they could make that last two years if they put the thermostat below 72. My Dad, since he currently has both my ammo and his... probably has 40,000 rounds squirreled away. More than twice the number of people within 10 miles in all directions.

This discussion brings me to another question... I'll ask in another thread.

very well thought out... see there are to many windows in my house so it wouldnt be worth saying it.. are place in jump river all the windows have boards over them that we take off when we go out of town.

wrath
09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
very well thought out... see there are to many windows in my house so it wouldnt be worth saying it.. are place in jump river all the windows have boards over them that we take off when we go out of town.

Yeah, my parents have the same problem. There are 7 sliding glass doors in the house, four of them on the first floor. They have another two large windows and two more that a person can still fit through. There are two outward facing 36" doors and another 36" door to the garage. There should be enough 3/4" plywood and 1" OSB to cover everything, if not I'm sure there is other stuff sitting around. But all that takes time.

I'd be screwed here. I'd take my mini-arsenal, food, clothing, and make a run for a freestanding tall building like a closed Sentry (haha, there are a ton of them in Waukesha). It's a lot easier to secure a building like that than a store, plus safer because there are fewer rooms/hiding places even though it's bigger. I'd stay away from commerce centers in larger areas (like the Pick-n-Slave on Silvernail) due to the fact lots of people will go there.

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah, my parents have the same problem. There are 7 sliding glass doors in the house, four of them on the first floor. They have another two large windows and two more that a person can still fit through. There are two outward facing 36" doors and another 36" door to the garage. There should be enough 3/4" plywood and 1" OSB to cover everything, if not I'm sure there is other stuff sitting around. But all that takes time.

I'd be screwed here. I'd take my mini-arsenal, food, clothing, and make a run for a freestanding tall building like a closed Sentry (haha, there are a ton of them in Waukesha). It's a lot easier to secure a building like that than a store, plus safer because there are fewer rooms/hiding places even though it's bigger. I'd stay away from commerce centers in larger areas (like the Pick-n-Slave on Silvernail) due to the fact lots of people will go there.

logically what you would need to look for is a second floor- third floor with one entry with multiple shooting vantage points lol

Poncho
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I'd go live w/ cryptic, he pissed off the EPA and now lives in a biodome of sorts, and eats spotted owls, baby seals, and pandas for nourishment. We'll certainly be safe from zombies.

wrath
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
logically what you would need to look for is a second floor- third floor with one entry with multiple shooting vantage points lol

Yeah, that'd be ideal. My parents' is pretty good because you can see a long ways in every direction, especially from the roof if you don't mind looking through trees.

I think a crappy warehouse-style grocery store with minimal windows and steel doors everywhere except front entry would be ideal. Would just have to address the windows in front. Everything these days has giant windows, even lumber yards and banks.

GTSLOW
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
i think some on here already have that virus.

:rolf

STANMAN
09-09-2008, 01:00 AM
I would just stay put and let the bodies hit the floor. I am sure I could take down the whole population of West Bend without issue. Then I would start my own little fifedom:rolf

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0297.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0296.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0295.jpg

And for the initial wave of them, before the "cleanup":

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0284.jpg

ND4SPD
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
i'd be pro-zombie..

Speaking of pro-zombie... I'm sure it wouldn't be long before the Democrats tried to make Zombieism a protected class and started up welfare benefits for them.

gottwins?
09-10-2008, 01:29 AM
My house has way to many windows and ways to get in..i would hide in troutmans Z....zombies would respect the cleanliness :banana1:

That_Guy
09-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I would just stay put and let the bodies hit the floor. I am sure I could take down the whole population of West Bend without issue. Then I would start my own little fifedom:rolf

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0297.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0296.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0295.jpg

And for the initial wave of them, before the "cleanup":

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0284.jpg

scratch that im going to your house