PDA

View Full Version : GT500 KR vs Z06

07ROUSHSTG3
09-08-2008, 11:32 AM
not really any sort of a close comparison, but i thought it was a decent vid. that z06 is one hell of a car.

and listen closely, sounds like the gt500 was on the rev limiter everytime they touched the pedal, WTF???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIPBP-9TUnQ&feature=user

Yooformula
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM
damm, they really bash the snot out of the GT500KR.....I really like them but NO WAY near for the $$ they are charging for it.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
damm, they really bash the snot out of the GT500KR.....I really like them but NO WAY near for the $$ they are charging for it.

are you surprised. it is a gt500 with a carbon hood and a better tune?!?!?!

Darrell
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
The GT500 is a let down. It is a cool looking car that is sure to be a collector but that is about it. They pumped that car up so much, dealers priced gouged the piss out of it and the performance doesn't come anywhere near matching the price. I've been saying this for quite some time after a friend of mine bought one. Of course I've been getting flamed by the Ford crowd for not saying the car is the end all be all of sports cars. At 3900 pounds its going to be really hard to make that car accelerate or handle like the other sports cars in production. One of those shows did a comparison between a GT500 and an 03 Cobra also. The 03 Cobra came out on top.

The ZO6 on the other hand is a monster........all of them since the early 2000s and especially the new 7 liter beast. They get close to 30 mpg on the highway as well and are the only car with over 400hp to avoid the federal gas guzzler charge. GM did pretty damn good with that car.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
The GT500 is a let down. It is a cool looking car that is sure to be a collector but that is about it. They pumped that car up so much, dealers priced gouged the piss out of it and the performance doesn't come anywhere near matching the price. I've been saying this for quite some time after a friend of mine bought one. Of course I've been getting flamed by the Ford crowd for not saying the car is the end all be all of sports cars. At 3900 pounds its going to be really hard to make that car accelerate or handle like the other sports cars in production. One of those shows did a comparison between a GT500 and an 03 Cobra also. The 03 Cobra came out on top.

The ZO6 on the other hand is a monster........all of them since the early 2000s and especially the new 7 liter beast. They get close to 30 mpg on the highway as well and are the only car with over 400hp to avoid the federal gas guzzler charge. GM did pretty damn good with that car.

whoever thinks that the gt500 is "the end all be all of sports cars" is a complete tard.

Syclone0044
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Whoa, a surprisingly unbiased opinion for a big Ford racer! Props to you for that. :thumbsup

Your 3900# comment got me thinking. I have heard Ford guys tease GM for dropping the Camaro/Firebird in 2002. But look at the new Challenger and the GT500 obviously. What is the new Camaro going to weigh? GM said the new federal impact regulations meant they would have had to redesign a lot of the F-Body to continue producing it beyond 2002. So maybe the days of cheap, fast, lightweight hot rods are over?

nismodave
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
GTR better than both!!:;)

Seriously tho, I like both cars. But would take the Vette over the KR.

I think I would even prefer a 03/04 Cobra over a Gt500 or 500KR.:D

BOSS LX
09-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I love the s197's (2005-present mustang), but there is no way that the "KR" is worth kind of money. You are just paying for the Shelby name.

I would just buy a low millage used gt for 20k, and go nuts! The 3 valve motors are great for making power.

Poncho
09-08-2008, 05:18 PM
12.6@118 wow! tires would be it's friend

sloLs1
09-08-2008, 10:17 PM
they need to compare a camaro and a mustang... thats what the battle used to be... not nessesairly a mustang and a vette. oh well both are sick cars and id love to own 1 of each!:devil

Waver
09-08-2008, 11:02 PM
they are a little off in the 1/4 mile time....I think one mag got it into the 11's

dfr225
09-09-2008, 11:11 AM
C6 Z's are awesome. Wish I could have one

07ROUSHSTG3
09-09-2008, 12:12 PM
GTR better than both!!:;)

Seriously tho, I like both cars. But would take the Vette over the KR.

I think I would even prefer a 03/04 Cobra over a Gt500 or 500KR.:D

on every message board, on every forum, on every comment section of every domestic car video there is one of you :durr

not disagreeing with you but it is funny. the "gtr is better than...." is sweeping the internet. :rolf:rolf there is more gtr talk in threads NOT about the gtr than in threads actually dedicated to talking about it, LOL!:rolf again, not disagreeing, i just think it is funny. i wonder if vette/chevy guys post "the zr1 is better" in every thread over on the nissan/import forums??:confused

HAMRHEAD
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
GT500 looks kickass but can't really argue that the Z06 is better, and cheaper. 80K+ is a lot for a slow car. Still would love one if it was about 50K less.

nismodave
09-09-2008, 02:47 PM
on every message board, on every forum, on every comment section of every domestic car video there is one of you :durr

not disagreeing with you but it is funny. the "gtr is better than...." is sweeping the internet. :rolf:rolf there is more gtr talk in threads NOT about the gtr than in threads actually dedicated to talking about it, LOL!:rolf again, not disagreeing, i just think it is funny. i wonder if vette/chevy guys post "the zr1 is better" in every thread over on the nissan/import forums??:confused

FTR, I meant mine in jest.:rolf

I have to represent the Nissan crowd. :banana

07ROUSHSTG3
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
FTR, I meant mine in jest.:rolf

I have to represent the Nissan crowd. :banana

:thumbsup:thumbsup
gotta

nismodave
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I think anyone would be a fool to say any of the 3 suck.

T-Bag
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
All 3 suck I want a Smart car

shoooo32
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
My favorite is when gt500 owners show up at open track days and have to move over for miatas.:rolf I agree with Dave. Give me a 03-04 cobra or even a C5 Z06 over that overweight ill handling car anyday.

Darrell
09-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Whoa, a surprisingly unbiased opinion for a big Ford racer! Props to you for that. :thumbsup

Your 3900# comment got me thinking. I have heard Ford guys tease GM for dropping the Camaro/Firebird in 2002. But look at the new Challenger and the GT500 obviously. What is the new Camaro going to weigh? GM said the new federal impact regulations meant they would have had to redesign a lot of the F-Body to continue producing it beyond 2002. So maybe the days of cheap, fast, lightweight hot rods are over?

I might race Fords but I'm not biased to them. I do not have tunnel vision.

Darrell
09-10-2008, 08:51 AM

Me too. This is the new age, Smart car's rule!:headbang

ND4SPD
09-10-2008, 09:09 AM

Lol yeah, I can get you one if you want... but they're selling for $7,000+ over their MSRP right now if you don't want to sit on the waiting list.:rolf