PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the tags...

GRAMPS SS
09-07-2008, 11:43 PM
what the hell are they used for...something new being tried out that we don't know how to use....i've seen them on all the threads now...

anyone???????????

PureSound15
09-07-2008, 11:49 PM
:confused:confused:confused

GTSLOW
09-08-2008, 12:28 AM
:rolf I see you added "loves penis", is that a personal favorite? :goof

Brandon W.
09-08-2008, 12:28 AM
VB upgrade if im not mistaken

Cryptic
09-08-2008, 12:44 AM
well thanks to this BS... I am turning off the feature of being able to add tags to other people threads.. you can only do it to your own now.

Tags are used to internet search engines and internal BCM searches. Not too usefull since the entire database is indexable.
But perhaps a feature for VERY LARGE boards that might turn off searching post body's for text for board performance reasons.

GTSLOW
09-08-2008, 12:46 AM
^? I didn't ad anything to the thread if you think it was me.

< going to keep quiet from now one :(

GRAMPS SS
09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
well thanks to this BS... I am turning off the feature of being able to add tags to other people threads.. you can only do it to your own now.

Tags are used to internet search engines and internal BCM searches. Not too usefull since the entire database is indexable.
But perhaps a feature for VERY LARGE boards that might turn off searching post body's for text for board performance reasons.

so when you make a thread...you put in a tag...and that helps with seach later...or am i wrong....like...body shop....as a tag..since that comes up the most...