PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trade stocks online???

UnderPSI
09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I am going to get back into trading now that I am back at work and have the money to do it again. It has been a while since I have been trading. I sold all my stock when I bought my house.

Looking for some opinions on on line trading sites. Good, bad, pretty much any info and sites to check out would be great.

Thanks for your time, Brad

Feature Pony
09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
E trade works good or go get a personal banker at M&I on 76th and north in tosa they are pretty good to me there as well.

Nick
09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Etrade works. I dont have personal experience with it though. I use Charles Schwab. www.schwab.com
I have my money market which acts as a checking and high yield savings tied into my brokerage account. Trades are around $6 i think.

PureSound15
09-07-2008, 11:55 PM
My Dad uses both Scottrade and Etrade all day long, that's all he does.

I couldn't tell you anything about either, other than the fact that he likes them and has been doing it for years.

wrath
09-08-2008, 07:41 AM
I have Ameritrade or whatever it's called today. I haven't touched the stock market since the accounting scandals 6 or 7 years ago. I came out of the Internet bubble unscathed but the accounting scandals cost me $10k. Haven't been back since. I don't even remember my password.

ND4SPD
09-08-2008, 07:56 AM
I've used Scottrade, E*Trade, and Ameritrade. The nice thing about Scottrade is the low comissions and no account minimum. Most of the other companies (like E*Trade) charge you an account maintenance fee if you're below a certain amount. They also have a nice streaming trading platform. E*Trade had the best interface and the most research information available. I still use E*Trade for research, but do my trading through Scottrade.

Adam Brooks
09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm a proprietary trader, I recommend thinkorswim if you have under 10K, interactive brokers if you have over 10k. I have a scott trade acc open w/ the $500 minimum just for the market markers screen, streaming HOD and LOD which is invaluable.

thinkorswim has an excellent free software based platform, live news feeds, Level II very customizable and you can borrow shares to short from their chat window which is nice. they're located in chicago which i like

interactive brokers has a huge selection of shares to short and you can get shares or almost anything which is a huge huge plus

commissions on TOS and IB are all way less than scott, ameritrade, etrade etc. but you dont pick a broker based on commissions, you pick based on platform and support

Adam Brooks
09-08-2008, 09:55 AM
www.thinkorswim.com
www.interactivebrokers.com/

wikked
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Ask Lenny Dykstra.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=lenny%20dykstra&gbv=2&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iv#