PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually going to watch all 3 LOTR release on Tuesday?

Yooformula
12-14-2003, 01:28 PM
Just curious who is actually considering this...635 min run time:eek:

Return of the King begins at 12am on Tuesday at the Ridge.

Neal Steffek
12-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Is it really being done? I checked there site and it does not say they are going to run the first two on Tuesday. If they actually do, I just might go as it will be my only day off before X-mas.:(

Anakonda69
12-14-2003, 07:46 PM
when i went to see the matrix they had banners everywhere for a trilogy tuesday....as far as i know though tickets have been sold out for some time.....would have been cool to go but.......i'll just wait a week till the crowds die down to go see lotr...

Cleveland Dave
12-15-2003, 12:55 AM
thats a long ass time to be in a theater.

ill just see the third one in the ultra screen here in madison...should be good.

02hawk796
12-15-2003, 02:53 AM
Hey Dave, I'm in Mad on Tues, can you tell me what showtimes are for the new one? I was hoping for Star Cinema, but at least I'd avoid Eastgate. Can you give me head's up?
Otherwise I'll have to wait til after Xmas.

Cleveland Dave
12-15-2003, 08:15 PM
there is point cinema too...with the ULTRA screen.

ill see what i can find out for showtimes for point and star

Cleveland Dave
12-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Star Cinema - doesnt have showing on tuesday.
608-270-1414

Point Cinema...located just past West Towne Mall
can either see showtimes by 608-242-2100
or marcustheaters.com

Wednesday - 12 4:15 and 8:30 at the ULTRA

02hawk796
12-16-2003, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I've gotten in the habit of avoiding Point in the car, but the car's parked for the season.

Cleveland Dave
12-16-2003, 07:18 PM
had problems there or something?

02hawk796
12-17-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Madison Dave
had problems there or something?

Oh, yeah. Point has probs with robbery/theft, vandalism, rape etc now, but still not as bad as Eastgate or Orpheum. The BigSky neighborhood was one of the areas Soglin was successful in integrating crime into, under his master plan of ridding Madison of crime-free zones. That's a major reason Point's attendance is down the last several years.
That's a prime reason I like Star Cinema in Mad area, unless you know how to deal with Westgate.

Tonight was fun. Point had 3 or 4 Trilogy runs, plus another 3 Midnight shows of ROTK, and all were sold out by 6pm.
Then at Johnson Creek Star, 2 midnight shows were sold out before 9pm. Marcus Hillside had 2 midnight shows, and at 10pm the signs said sold out, and there was one ticket left - I took it.
End credits started rolling @ 3:20am. Did I just miss it, or did they forget to give Liv Tyler the "drawing" credit - I didn't see it.
Good show.

Cleveland Dave
12-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 02hawk796
Oh, yeah. Point has probs with robbery/theft, vandalism, rape etc now, but still not as bad as Eastgate or Orpheum. The BigSky neighborhood was one of the areas Soglin was successful in integrating crime into, under his master plan of ridding Madison of crime-free zones. That's a major reason Point's attendance is down the last several years.
That's a prime reason I like Star Cinema in Mad area, unless you know how to deal with Westgate.

Tonight was fun. Point had 3 or 4 Trilogy runs, plus another 3 Midnight shows of ROTK, and all were sold out by 6pm.
Then at Johnson Creek Star, 2 midnight shows were sold out before 9pm. Marcus Hillside had 2 midnight shows, and at 10pm the signs said sold out, and there was one ticket left - I took it.
End credits started rolling @ 3:20am. Did I just miss it, or did they forget to give Liv Tyler the "drawing" credit - I didn't see it.
Good show.

wow never heard of that happening i go there all the time