PDA

View Full Version : Bear Hunt Anyone?

Breecher_7
09-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Planning the annual Bear hunt in May of next year to Ontario. Right now we are 1 light. Anyone that is interested let me know. Your cost with outfitter, food, fuel and other required expenses is right around $1500.

This is a BOW hunt. The outfitter is not fond of guns for this hunt but will allow it on occasion. Crossbows are LEGAL to hunt with in canada if you so choose.

Rocket Power
09-07-2008, 05:35 PM
You got more stones than me. I can't reload and fire a bow quick enough if my first shot isn't good enough and he decides to eat me:rolf

Breecher_7
09-07-2008, 05:40 PM
You got more stones than me. I can't reload and fire a bow quick enough if my first shot isn't good enough and he decides to eat me:rolf

Bear hunting is like shooting fish in a barrel. Your in a tree stand (ok, yes bears can climb), you bait them, they come in to the food and you spine the ****ers. Shots are no more then 15 yds. Its alot more hype then anything and it does get your heart pumping pretty good. Spend most of the days fishing really. Its a great time.

Rocket Power
09-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah the whole "bears can climbs trees too" thing gets me:goof
It would be cool to do though. Have fun up there:thumbsup

DirtyMax
09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you know the dates of this trip??? Since it'll be like 5 more years before I pull a tag here in WI.

DoubleAron
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
A guy from work got a 340#er over the weekend up near Hayward.

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Do you know the dates of this trip??? Since it'll be like 5 more years before I pull a tag here in WI.

ive been applying sense i was 13... ive got 1-2 more years before i get my golden ticket...

i wish i had the money to got on a trip like this but im going elk hunting next spring so... its not in the cards

Breecher_7
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Jeremy,

Dates are not set in stone yet, it will be happening in may though. You have till Feb to make a decision.

Any word on the item I wanted to borrow yet?

Breecher_7
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
ive been applying sense i was 13... ive got 1-2 more years before i get my golden ticket...

i wish i had the money to got on a trip like this but im going elk hunting next spring so... its not in the cards

Good luck with that. Elk hunting is ******* expensive. I did it once and I wont do it again.

That_Guy
09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Good luck with that. Elk hunting is ******* expensive. I did it once and I wont do it again.

yeah... it wont be that expensive... my pops has family friends who own 5 sq miles of land out in Wyoming.. so land isnt an issue.. he is even putting us up for a week.. the trip out, licenses, and food is all we have to worry about.

Breecher_7
09-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Thats where I went. It was no cheap date.

RanJer
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
At first I thought this said "Beer hunt anyone?"... I got excited..

CobraSnake
09-09-2008, 01:19 PM
At first I thought this said "Beer hunt anyone?"... I got excited..

ahhh what the hell. I came in here specifically to type that. I got excited too though.

Mark