PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a PSP?

GTSLOW
09-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Since I wont be driving to SC for recruiter school I was thinking of picking up a PSP. Gotta have something to keep me busy as class gets out at 2 everyday.

What does everyone think of theirs? How long is battery life? Does anyone have one of the 3600mAh battery packs?

ND4SPD
09-07-2008, 09:07 AM
We have one and it's a pretty good system overall. Seems like they've gotten most of the bugs worked out. The first few revisions were pretty horrendous. Screens dying, etc... Battery life is pretty good. It of course depends on what you're doing. The games are a microCD/DVD so when it has to load it has to spin up a small CD drive which eats battery power. Using the WiFi also will eat battery power. For the most part however I get several hours on our battery (and it's the stock one). We don't really use it too much though... just for plane trips and travelling and so forth.

4eyedstang
09-07-2008, 09:21 AM
i have played a psp and i own a Nintendo ds and i think the ds is way more fun and has better games for the $$

GTSLOW
09-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I would have liked to get a DS. However PSP has Toca Race drive which I've played on the PSP and loved.

Can you swap out battery packs or are they internal?

4eyedstang
09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
yes you can swap batteries but you need a littel screwdriver. i have played mine for an hour or two every day for a week before i got a low batt light