PDA

View Full Version : picked up a new toy.....

theavenger333
09-06-2008, 01:56 PM
for a week.... :goof. going up north to put a roof on our house, as well as some other stuff, towing 4k lbs of crap with the colorado sounded not fun to me. borrowed this from a friend. sweet ride for sure, minus the blue oval.

Cryptic
09-06-2008, 02:08 PM
love that color blue

theavenger333
09-06-2008, 02:39 PM
this thing's a beast. i do believe its an 07, i think fully loaded, it doesn't have a sunroof, but the telescoping pedals, all the intergrated trailer stuff, MP3 stereo with a woofer, all the aux switches inside already. the power stroke doesn't hurt it either.... :)

Crawlin
09-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Badass!!!

BOSS LX
09-06-2008, 02:49 PM
this thing's a beast. i do believe its an 07, i think fully loaded, it doesn't have a sunroof, but the telescoping pedals, all the intergrated trailer stuff, MP3 stereo with a woofer, all the aux switches inside already. the power stroke doesn't hurt it either.... :)

It's a 2008.

Car Guy
09-06-2008, 03:38 PM
sweet ride for sure, minus the blue oval.

So if it had a bowtie on it that would make a difference...??? :goof It's a sweet ride BECAUSE it has a blue oval on it, Ford trucks are #1 for a reason.....:thumbsup

lordairgtar
09-06-2008, 03:58 PM
A sweet ride is a sweet ride no matter who makes it. Remember, the truck does not know what brand it is.

DirtyMax
09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
What kind of tires are those and how noisy are they on the freeway?

Breecher_7
09-06-2008, 06:39 PM

Stick to your pizza cutters...... :rolf

theavenger333
09-06-2008, 11:33 PM

they are Toyo Back Country MTs. they're a noisy in town for sure, i'll find out for sure driving tommorow about the highway, but all signs point to yes. the owner will be selling them shortly, he uses it to tow his 5th wheel trailer, it doesn't see mud. they're prob 50% he'll be letting them go for a fair price

Car Guy
09-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Are those stock factory tires...??? Seems like a bit much if they are.....

theavenger333
09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
god no. the guy that owned it before threw those on there, he was a farmer that showed horses. aparantly it saw enough mud he needed them.

lilws6
09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
does that truck have the factory flame thrower kit on it??? if not its not a sweet ride lol

Slow Joe
09-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Badass, that'll get the job done for ya :thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
they are pretty nice trucks. minus the horrible fuel economy that most see if driving any sort of hard or towing, i would sport one.

Breecher_7
09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
they are pretty nice trucks. minus the horrible fuel economy that most see if driving any sort of hard or towing, i would sport one.

I wanted to mention that but i didnt want to be the bad news bear.

A friend of mines dad owns a new 250 crew cab 4x4 and its gets ASS milage. Like 12mpg at 65mph on the cruise.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I wanted to mention that but i didnt want to be the bad news bear.

A friend of mines dad owns a new 250 crew cab 4x4 and its gets ASS milage. Like 12mpg at 65mph on the cruise.

it is strange. everyday I talk to 6.4 owners and the fuel economy figures vary soooo much. i have seen trucks that are getting almost 20 mpg on the highway and other guys that can pull 14-16 mpg while plowing:wooo then the next guy i talk to can only pull 11 mpg on the highway and if towing he is lucky to get 8 mpg.

i logged 60 miles in a 350 crew cab a few weeks ago. with mostly highway driving, i managed 14.8 mpg???? the interior comfort, quietness, and ride of the truck does manage to get most to forget the fuel mileage. :headbang

and to boot, the 6.4 has proven to be a good motor. no major problems, other than the 3 trucks that threw flames, and YES, THERE WERE ONLY 3 TRUCKS IN THE COUNTRY THAT THREW FLAMES, and a few trucks out there with a bad radiator, it has been a pretty good debut. but then again anything would be better than the 03 6.0 launch :rolleyes:

Breecher_7
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I get 17-19 with the duramax bone stock. I know Jeremy gets 20+ with his. Who knows. Its definitly true though, some see better numbers then others. Ive heard alot of bitches from ford owners recently though about there milage.

theavenger333
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
just got home from being up north. report? the truck is awesome. that stereo kicks ALL KINDS of ass, 6 disc in dash, MP3 compatible, plus the aux jack. if i had wanted to, i would be able to listen to like 3 months of music! but anyway, it got 11 mpg with the load, 13ish just driving around. i knew the mileage would not be good, but the main concern is for me to have driven SAFELY. our Colorado would have done it, payload limits wise, but that thing gets 17 empty if i'm lucky, towing it goes to like 12. throw in that load and i'd be lucky to get 10. plus it rained for some of the drive up, i would have roached the brakes SO quick, not to mention if i had to stop suddenly, i think we'd be toast. that F350 has enormous brakes. plus it pulled all that stuff with ease. i ended up using it to rip out some small trees and nasty bushes too, throw it in 4 low, down to 1st gear, HOLY TORQUE! broke the chain before i could finish. never really even had to hit the gas that hard. but honestly, besides Ford's inability to make a truck interior that doesn't remind me of what i would think a Tonka truck would be, the truck was excellent. good ride, comfy, reliable as hell. those stupid tires though kill the road noise, and a bit of the mileage probably.