PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard superstitions? BOO!

Sprayaway Fox
09-06-2008, 01:15 AM
When you at a pick your part and find a car that was in a bad accident where you know knowone could of survived it are you a lil more hesitant to grab it from that car?

lordairgtar
09-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Nope!

Sprayaway Fox
09-06-2008, 01:23 AM
When I had my chevelle I went to this guys "secret" field with a lot of chevelles,50's,60's cars and would pull parts off of cars where you knew that guy didnt walk away. I would still pull what I needed but it would run through my mind.

Syclone0044
09-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't believe in any superstitions, it's all hocus-pocus. In fact, I have front brake calipers I pulled off a junk yard wreck myself, and I put my trust in them road racing a few months after installing them! Still on the truck to this day.

Yooformula
09-06-2008, 12:01 PM
unless the part caused the failure, I dont care! the dash panel piece I needed didnt cause the driver to drink/drive and kill himself. I should send him a thanks card.

Al
09-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Somebody else took all of the bad juju out of the car. I'll take the part.

Irish
09-06-2008, 12:59 PM
If I knew for a fact that someone died IN the car, that would make a bigger difference to me than if they died latter from the injuries resulting from the accident.

Something about it being someone's final resting place that seems a little erie.

Poncho
09-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I remember back @ my U-Haul days we tore apart a van in which rolled and both passengers died. the frame was straight, and the EFI 5.3 and 4L60E were fine, so i spent two days torching the storage unit off the back, then we just unbolted and trashed the cab, too much blood and glass, etc.

then the back and cab were brought in from a katrina flood damaged truck, and the engine and trans found new homes, and the frame was kept for something else.

PonyKiller87
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
A couple of years ago I grabbed the guage cluster out of a recked Iroc at Al's. The whole front of the car was sheared off at the fire wall like it got tboned by a dump truck or something. There was blood and brains or something on the guages when I took them out, it was pretty nasty.

lordairgtar
09-06-2008, 04:06 PM
There was blood and brains or something on the guages when I took them out, it was pretty nasty.
Mmmmmmmmm BRAINS!!!

Sprayaway Fox
09-06-2008, 07:08 PM
a couple of years ago i grabbed the guage cluster out of a recked iroc at al's. The whole front of the car was sheared off at the fire wall like it got tboned by a dump truck or something. There was blood and brains or something on the guages when i took them out, it was pretty nasty.

thats hardcore!