PDA

View Full Version : 21-year-old totals GTO and Kills passenger

Holeshot
09-05-2008, 10:35 PM
We had a ton of rain the last 24 hours. GTO + wet roads+ DUI= disaster.

If you watch the video close it looks like some of her hair was stick in the seat and side glass. How tragic. Originally from New Mexico

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7371469&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

scaleracer
09-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Damn! Yeah that is hair.. And yet again the drunk bastard lives..

Car Guy
09-05-2008, 10:43 PM
WOW! :wooo

Did you see the tires...??? B-A-L-D as a set of racing slicks...!!! :rolleyes:

It's crazy to think that the driver was out and walking around with the door looking like that. I'm guessing he was thrown from the vehicle when it flipped.....

Holeshot
09-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Not sure Justin. Maybe Larry will go take a look at it. He lives fairly close. Yeah Tires were bald as shit.

Cryptic
09-05-2008, 10:58 PM
wow.. what a waste

Slow Joe
09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow... just wow...

Poncho
09-06-2008, 12:38 AM
That scared me at first. I was hoping like hell that wasn't my buddy Tommy. He is a member here. Only reason I questioned that is that it's a MBM/18's car and likely stick and they only made around 114 of those.

It's a damn tragedy for people to go out like that.

pOrk
09-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Another asshole driving drunk kills someone. What the **** is wrong with Wisconsin drivers? Put this guy in jail and let him rot.

michelle
09-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Ugh, how is it possible in so many accidents like that, that the drunk driver can walk away? Yet the passengers or people in the other car they hit can't. Just not fair.

Car Guy
09-06-2008, 07:09 AM
It does seem completely unfair that the driver who is responsible for the car's actions 'walks away' and the passenger dies. HOWEVER, the passenger has to be held somewhat responsible for getting in the car with that person IF she knew he was drinking. It's definitely a hard pill to swallow especially when dealing with life or death but it MUST be something that we all learn from.....

I hate to admit this but I was a pessenger MANY many times with someone that was drunk and am fortunate enough to be alive today to talk about it. Granted we weren't in a GTO but it doesn't really matter, all it takes is running a red light in front of an 18-wheeler and its lights out.....

BAD LS1
09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah them trees **** some shit up!! That looks like like a complied list of bad things that caused that to end that way, what a shame.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeap its a shame, its a given tho.
Racine and Kenosha county are up to about 10 dui deaths in 2 months, thats more than the murders we have had.

This drunk driver was from New Mexico but its easy to see he was fitting right in with WI's binge drinking policy of drink until you cant see straight then hop in the ride and head home. :flipoff2:
I did a ton of that in my late teens and was damn fortunate to not crash and or kill a passenger or another motorist, now I pretty much despise alcohol and drunk drivers and have a family of alcoholic drunk drivers. :mad:

Slow Joe
09-06-2008, 08:27 AM
That scared me at first. I was hoping like hell that wasn't my buddy Tommy. He is a member here. Only reason I questioned that is that it's a MBM/18's car and likely stick and they only made around 114 of those.

It's a damn tragedy for people to go out like that.

That's who I thought it was at first too... I knew the car looked similar...

Yooformula
09-06-2008, 09:04 AM
only waste of a car IMO. phuck drivers like that, they deserve to die.

PB86MCSS
09-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Being in New Mexico a handful of times, I wouldn't say the driver was fitting in but driving how many New Mexico drivers drive....not trying to make light of the situation, but they drive crazy even when sober compared to WI drivers. And binge drinking isn't just a WI thing.

Hopefully he gets whats coming to him though, its good they have cracked down on DUI's in the last few years in WI.

Syclone0044
09-06-2008, 11:18 AM
How do you respond if you know your friend has been drinking and he's about to drive himself home? Do you just bite your tongue, and cross your fingers he doesn't end up like this? I mean it's tough to cross the line of meddling in someone's business. I know 99% of the time everyone would bite their tongue (me too), but you want to do the right thing and no one wants to find their friend dead like this if it could have been prevented with a little sense..

Slow Joe
09-06-2008, 11:33 AM
How do you respond if you know your friend has been drinking and he's about to drive himself home? Do you just bite your tongue, and cross your fingers he doesn't end up like this? I mean it's tough to cross the line of meddling in someone's business. I know 99% of the time everyone would bite their tongue (me too), but you want to do the right thing and no one wants to find their friend dead like this if it could have been prevented with a little sense..

Personally, I normally try to take keys and offer a place to stay... I've done it a few times, but people don't always listen or stay... Even if you take their keys they find 'em, and leave and such...

Goat Roper
09-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Personally, I normally try to take keys and offer a place to stay... I've done it a few times, but people don't always listen or stay... Even if you take their keys they find 'em, and leave and such...

I have had that go terribly awry but if it keeps them off the road it is worth it. The next morning they always feel like shat about it though especially after having thrown a few punches trying to get their keys back.

Poncho
09-06-2008, 01:08 PM

but sometimes after the pee and puke on your floor, and break chairs, they still wanna go home.

Silver03SRT
09-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I have no remorse for drunk drivers. They always seem to be the ones that walk away. My brother and his friend were killed by a drunk driver running from the cops and he still tried to run after hitting them. He is spending the rest of his life in prison. That was his 3rd drunk driving conviction. How can these people still be driving. Look at Canada if you get a DUI there its a felony.

T-Bag
09-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Another asshole driving drunk kills someone. What the **** is wrong with Wisconsin drivers? Put this guy in jail and let him rot.

Dude you act like Wisconsin is the only place where DUI deaths occur :rolleyes:

Welcome to earth

pOrk
09-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Dude you act like Wisconsin is the only place where DUI deaths occur :rolleyes:

Welcome to earth

:wow There are other states then wisconsin? REALLY!!! WOWsers

T-Bag
09-06-2008, 08:43 PM
:wow There are other states then wisconsin? REALLY!!! WOWsers

No I was lieing

I'm sorry