PDA

View Full Version : when was the last time???

CobraSnake
09-05-2008, 01:10 PM
you were stung by a bee??? I've been working for a company as a leasing consultant for a while now. I was originally out on the northside but lately i've been working at or location on 76th and Howard, since the girl had a baby. The other day we got a call about a cat left outside. They knew who it was so we checked there account and they didn't have a cat listed. So we called and left messages with no reply. So we got the cat and put it in one of our vacant apartments with food water and a litter box. So today I was visiting the cat in the apartment but when I was petting him/her(I don't know how to tell if its a male or female) I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I looked down and there was nothing. I put it off as my leg hair getting caught in my pants somehow. But, then not in a few seconds later I felt a sharp pain in my arm. Then I saw a bee flying around. First of all I thought bee's can only sting once then they die? But that must not have been the case. I left the apartment and before I could get back to the office my arm and my leg swelled up. Its been about a hour since I was bit and my arm seems a little red but overall fine. But my leg is huge. Does this mean I'm allergic because when I say my leg is huge I mean it. Its probably a 6in by 6in bulge in my leg. If anyone knows about this kinda stuff let me know so I can go to the doctor. If not i'm sure i'll be fine. Just wanted to post this so people can watch out for themselves.

Mark

DirtyMax
09-05-2008, 01:31 PM
It's been 7 years since I have been stung. I used to get stung all the time thgough when I was a kid so I'm not allergic.

I think my lab got stung the other day though because when I got home from work, her face was puffed up so bad. 2 days worth of Benadryl and she's about back to normal but the past couple days have been shitty for her.

lilws6
09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
i'de get that shit checked out i just got stung at work not to long ago on the roof there was a huge nest of them i didn't know about and got a few here and there they were only small red spots didn't swell up at all really

4eyedstang
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
the swelling is pretty normal especially if its been a long time since you where last stung
few things to look out for. trouble breathing or the swelling getting worse or moving up your leg i am by no means a medical pro but i do work in a school and have dealt with tons of bee stings the best thing i used so far was to rub in a little meat tenderizer right where you where stung . helps a lot

Mr Twigbert
09-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I've found that a good layer of fat all over your body helps to keep the bees venom from entering your blood stream..

CobraSnake
09-05-2008, 02:02 PM
yeah its getting hard to walk. My leg is probably the same size as it was before. I'm feeling a litte weak but i'm not having any trouble breathing. But it still is red all all hell and swelled up right now. I think the stinger might still be in there.

Mark

Silver350
09-05-2008, 02:42 PM
God I love google.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=62369

boostin350z
09-05-2008, 02:58 PM
im allergic so i try and stay away from those lil bugga's!! other wise the epi pen gives me a jab

Karps TA
09-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I got stung by 3 hornets on my back/shoulders just last week. Got a nest in the ground right by my house and got attacked. Hurt like hell, and what was worse is they were in spots I couldn't reach.

Take some Benadryl will help with the swelling along with ice on the area.

LIZMO
09-05-2008, 03:00 PM
i got stung in the mouth once when i was like 8... it sucked. haha.

Goat Roper
09-05-2008, 03:02 PM
I just got it the other week in the leg and that sob itched for quite a while afterwards.

wrath
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
antihistamine. Just about anything will work. It'll stop your body from going nuts. It'll still hurt and be sore but it won't be so swollen or itchy.

CobraSnake
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
yeah my arm one was ichy but its pretty much gone now. My leg is stiffing up so I'm going to go to the doctor. I know theres not much they can do but, I get off work early now.

Mark

Feature Pony
09-05-2008, 03:43 PM
This year I got stung in the neck by a wasp or hornet on my way to work on the bike at a stop sign. Then I took my son to a park in caledonia and I got stung 8 times in the hand and arm. The last time before these was about 20 years ago and I got nailed 21 times by trying to kill a wasp nest at my parents old house.

CobraSnake
09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
This year I got stung in the neck by a wasp or hornet on my way to work on the bike at a stop sign. Then I took my son to a park in caledonia and I got stung 8 times in the hand and arm. The last time before these was about 20 years ago and I got nailed 21 times by trying to kill a wasp nest at my parents old house.

WOW your story just made my leg feel a ton better.

Mark

nismodave
09-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Maybe it was a .......SUPER BEE!!!! :rolf:goof

http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/images/Dodge_Plymouth/SuperBee.gif

Yooformula
09-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I got stung by 2 at the same time when they were humping....got me on my bicep as I was napping between rounds of 3 sessions for football. THAT DAY SUCKED!!!!

Feature Pony
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Maybe it was a .......SUPER BEE!!!! :rolf:goof

http://www.stencilsandstripes.com/images/Dodge_Plymouth/SuperBee.gif

LOL that stings me every summer. :thumbsup

Syclone0044
09-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Some guy just keeled over and died after getting a bee sting last week in Milwaukee , I think. Read about it in the Journal paper. I think it was only a matter of hours.

indyzmike
09-06-2008, 12:47 AM
http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/27462989.html

lordairgtar
09-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Are you sure it was a bee? Most people call those hornets and wasps; bees. Bees only sting once, then they will die later. They lose their stinger in you because it's barbed like a fish hook. Hornets and wasps are not barbed, so they can sting multiple times.

fivonut
09-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Are you sure it was a bee? Most people call those hornets and wasps; bees. Bees only sting once, then they will die later. They lose their stinger in you because it's barbed like a fish hook. Hornets and wasps are not barbed, so they can sting multiple times.

Yup, and just because you're allergic to one does not mean you're allergic to another. I got tested years ago when my throat tightened up after getting stung by a hornet (yellow jackets are hornets). I was given a prescription for an epipen but also started taking injections of low doses of venom to desensitize me to it. I got stung again a couple weeks ago after tripping over a ground nest and didn't have much problems, slight pain in my lungs but no real difficulty breathing. Swelling around the sting site is pretty normal and does not mean you're allergic. Last year my G/F got stung 8 times by one hornet in the ear, her ear swelled pretty bad but her doctor said it was normal and recommended meat tenderizer for the pain, I guess it neutralizes the venom.

Syclone0044
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM

Yeah that's the one I was talking about, alright. Hard to believe something so small could do you in so quickly.

CobraSnake
09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Well I woke up this morning and my arm and my leg feel fine. My leg is still a later red but both my arm and my leg itch like hell. I mean I woke up in the middle of the night like 6 times having to itch my leg. Evenually I just had to suck up the itch and not itch it so it would go away.

Mark

Yooformula
09-06-2008, 12:04 PM

damm that is crazy!