PDA

View Full Version : who knows wiring???

CobraSnake
09-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I have a big problem. My wifes car keeps blowing fuses. He radio is out her trunk light her dome light. Theres a whole bunch of little shit thats wrong with the wiring. I'm assuming its a bad ground or wires touching. She(idiot) went to a dealership and first of all they charged her $100 just to look at it. Then said it was going to be another $700 to fix the abs sensor and the wiring problem. Just wanted to know if anyone on here knows a cheaper way to go about doing this. Or if you work for beer or food that could always be arranged as well.

The ABS thing doesn't really bother me that much but the radio or the lights not working does. She won't stop bitching about not having a radio so that is my #1 concern. So if anyone could be of any help that would be great. I have my weekends free but would be willing to working around someones time to get it done in a hurry.

Mark

twirkin50
09-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Was something done to the vehicle recently were some wiring could have been nicked, cut, or shorted? If its blowing fuses there is a more than likely a short to ground.
Have a radio installed or an alarm or something?

CobraSnake
09-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Was something done to the vehicle recently were some wiring could have been nicked, cut, or shorted? If its blowing fuses there is a more than likely a short to ground.
Have a radio installed or an alarm or something?

Nope nothing has been installed recently except new tires. I have a remote start alarm but that was installed years ago.

Mark

twirkin50
09-03-2008, 12:14 PM
What fuses are all currently blowing. Are all three on seperate fuses, or is it a lighting fues that is blowing?

Yooformula
09-03-2008, 12:19 PM
i locked this thread but left the other one open in the tech section.