PDA

View Full Version : Delafield Yearly Carshow Sunday 9-7-2008 11am to 3pm

BoosTT
09-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Title says it all. It there yearly carshow. It's right in the historic city of delafield. About 3 blocks off hwy c and I-94 on milwaukee street. They close the street. Usually there is a band and a lot of very rare cars. It usually has more rare jeeps, '55 speedsters, jaguars, ect then you would normally see. Lots of uncomon cars in the past. I'm going but not entering my car. I live 2 block away too :)

TheRxForSpeeed
09-05-2008, 09:52 AM
What kind of cars will be in attendance primarily. Late models, vintage, classics, domestics, imports, luxury or pretty much anything goes?

DoubleAron
09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I haven't been there in about 3 years. When I went it seemed like a little bit of everything. It wasn't a huge show but it was cool to see some different stuff.
I'm hoping to go if the weather holds.

BoosTT
09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, it's smaller... maybe 25-30 cars, give or take? Pretty much anything goes.

Last year about half the cars were 70's muscle cars and the other half were very rare cars. Such as: 911 turbo, Rolls Royce, 1955 speedster, shelby cobras, modified cj jeep, ect. A lot of stuff you don't see every day. Their were a few newer cars too, like a 350z last year too, but not many.

Right now it looks like rain, so it may be a bust.

TheRxForSpeeed
09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Well if it is not raining I will stop by with the 7

BoosTT
09-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I went. Lots of cars this year...

TheRxForSpeeed
09-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Was a nice show, should have brought the 7...oh well

DoubleAron
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I went for about an hour or so. I heard someone that there were 105 cars registered.

STANMAN
09-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I wonder if Lang is going to make postcards about this show:rolf

(anyone who is from Delafield will get this joke, anyone who isn't, it's funny, trust me)

BoosTT
09-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Actually lang sold all his buildings in delafield (22 of them for $12 mil). They are owned by some investors now.

Also- who the hell puts flames on a rolls royce? lol

STANMAN
09-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Actually lang sold all his buildings in delafield (22 of them for $12 mil). They are owned by some investors now.

Also- who the hell puts flames on a rolls royce? lol

When did this happen?? I grew up in Delafield, back when the Langsville part was actually downtown, not over by the walmart and colders and blah, blah, blah. Hell, I can actually remember when the hill where some of the new stuff is now was a working ski hill. I=the old:rolf

STANMAN
09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
And if that's all he got for them, he took a bath big time. The last house that WASN'T owned by him in the little triangle (the one across from the old fish hatchery. I remember when they still used that pond to, not old enough to remember them using the hatchery itself, besides during Halloween, when it was a haunted house, do they still do that?? Memories, lol) is owned by a friend of the family and needless to say, she was offered ALOT of cash for that house (the house is a junker), but she wouldn't leave. She was waiting for the highest dollar she could sweat out of him, guess she waited to long:rolf

GRAMPS SS
09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
When did this happen?? I grew up in Delafield, back when the Langsville part was actually downtown, not over by the walmart and colders and blah, blah, blah. Hell, I can actually remember when the hill where some of the new stuff is now was a working ski hill. I=the old:rolf

hell i remember that ski hill...we had a summer home in dousman on hunters lake till 1986........we would go to that hill when i was younger....God i fogot about that thing....i'm old...your still a pup....:thumbsup

BoosTT
09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Yup. I live in the apt's right by the fish hatchery in downtown delafield. All the houses must have been purchased, because they have a sign up that the land is available. Lang sold all the buildings about 6 months ago and decided to do the same thing in a different town. I can't remember the name though. It was a bit north and had a major golf course. I don't really think lang made too much money on the buildings either, because a lot of them are not even used or seam to change shops a lot.