PDA

View Full Version : Where to find stock engine specs?

PonyKiller87
09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Anyone know of a web site that I can find detailed specs for stock engines? Just trying to find out exacly whats in my engine so I put it into desk top dyno.

Prince Valiant
09-03-2008, 09:01 AM
You might have to go to a variety of sources...the big one will be the headflow that your stock heads produce...the largest database I know of is HERE. Cam specs are out there, as well as approximate compression...rod lengths and what not are commonly known...I don't think you'll be able to answer every question, but enough to get a reasonable estimate.

Trying to figure how close to actual the desktop dyno gets you?

PonyKiller87
09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Well trying to do a couple things. I want to try and get the stock specs in there so that I can play around with things and see where I will get the most bang for the buck when I start modding it.

This started out partly because I found 1.7 ratio roller rockers on ebay and I was just trying to find out what that stock rocker ratio is and I have yet to find it. For the Gen VI bbc summit sells about 5 different sizes everywhere from 1.5 up to 1.8

Also I have a ScanGuage II which gives me a real time engine HP, I was kind of hoping to check that against something.

Prince Valiant
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm not positive...but me thinks the stock rocker ratio on a BBC is 1.7:1...at a minimum, it's 1.6:1

As far as bang-for-buck, it's almost always headers and cams if they are stock...

PonyKiller87
09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, so far I did a homemade cold air intake for about $50 and my scanner shows that I picked up about 30 HP which is awesome but also why I want a second source to check the numbers.

On the list is exhaust, not sure if I will do headers though, there pretty pricy for a bbc in a 4x4.

Also have dual electric fans so I can take off the engine driven fan.

After that it will probably be a cam, nothing to crazy though.

I drive this thing 15 miles each way to work every day accept when I can take the bike.