T-Bag
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
UFC.com duh

Z28Envy
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Already got it!

T-Bag
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I predict this will be the most bought UFC PPV, hands down.

Lash
09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I predict this will be the most bought UFC PPV, hands down.

Possibly.

T-Bag
09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Possibly.

Without a shade of doubt. You have Randy Couture returning and the hottest/best drawing fighter (currently) in UFC on the card. This will be huge

Karps TA
09-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I'll definetly be at a bar watching it.

Fast SVT
09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I think this is a perfect match for Lesnar.

Couture can really only hope to submit him.

Beagle
09-02-2008, 06:48 PM
www.mmalinker.com is awesome for watching fights :thumbsup

Crawlin
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
so will this be a quick one???? like a don king fight?

what's the other bouts that night? i wanna see a full lineup

ThatWhiteCivic
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
This will be awesome. I will pay the $$$ for the pay perview

nismodave
09-02-2008, 06:58 PM
I dont have cable, but willing to trade BEER for a good spot on the couch, for whomever orders this one!!!!:thumbsup

One question for UFC guys. Didnt Couture have to give up his belt, since he retired?

Beagle
09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Brock really surpised me his last fight against heath hearring. I think he will be the new champ.

Z28Envy
09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Lesnar doesn't have near enough skill to take on someone like Couture. I think it will be a fun fight to watch but I also don't think Lesnar deserves to go for a belt yet. It is obviously for pure hype. It should be fun to watch no matter what. I think Lesnar is going to see what fighting someone good is all about. I just wonder how sharp Couture will be after not fighting for a year. I still can't believe that the UFC hasn't done whatever it takes to get Fedor to fight Couture in the UFC. That would be the biggest fight ever!

Beagle
09-02-2008, 07:12 PM
thats a great avatar pic!!!!

twirkin50
09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
One question for UFC guys. Didnt Couture have to give up his belt, since he retired?

He never really officially retired, there was just a lot of bad blood and contract disputes between him and Dana White. That is why the belt has never been given to an interim champ. Couture wanted out of his contract, but he was obligated to defend the belt after he beat Sylvia.

Brock is doing better, but Couture has mad skills!!!

Who is going to be watching this weekend? Liddell vs. Evans

Adam Brooks
09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
couture is back lol, hes got his own organization that hes supposed to be starting and he has a fedor fight coming up as well. lesner is a good wrestler and just strong. if couture can avoid the take downs he'll be fine and will easily out strike lesner

as far as Lidell, i hope he looses. horrible fighter in general and has been over hyped since day 1. striking is ultra sloppy

Z28Envy
09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
couture is back lol, hes got his own organization that hes supposed to be starting and he has a fedor fight coming up as well. lesner is a good wrestler and just strong. if couture can avoid the take downs he'll be fine and will easily out strike lesner

as far as Lidell, i hope he looses. horrible fighter in general and has been over hyped since day 1. striking is ultra sloppy

I'm not a big Liddell fan but I think he is one of the best strikers. He has knocked out a lot of guys!! I would rather see Liddell win than Evans.

Adam Brooks
09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
He does have a lot of KOs. However, that doesn't translate to good striking. He hits hard for sure but is more of a brawler. He lists him self as a kickboxer yet doesn't kick or box. he brawls.

kieth Jardeene (or whatever) has the exact same style, sloppy as hell but he won that fight because he threw just like chuck and just as hard but he also threw his right leg and won. everything else was even. and they're both sloppy

Chuck lost again to rampage. rampage simply trained specifically for boxing for his 2nd fight and easily out boxed chuck bc he countered faster and hit him w/ a right. Same thing happened in his first fight, he beat chucks jab w/ his and set up simple combos and wound up winning.

look at chuck compared to anderson silva..... chuck isnt even anywhere close to silvas ability to strike, or roll for that matter.

side note, lesner and chuck will wind up being a striking match primarily. typically when two wrestlers get in the ring they wind up slugging it out vs rolling

Beagle
09-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm not a big Liddell fan but I think he is one of the best strikers. He has knocked out a lot of guys!! I would rather see Liddell win than Evans.

x2 for that :thumbsup

Crawlin
09-03-2008, 12:39 AM
alright, question for the tv guys...

if i currently don't have cable or a cable box... how can I get this fight so I can play it on my 96" screen? friend bring over their box?

nismodave
09-03-2008, 12:45 AM
friend bring over their box?

So you are inviting guys AND thier GIRLFRIENDS??:rolf

Crawlin
09-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Ed McMahon
HIIIIIIYYYOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
/Ed McMahon

Z28Envy
09-03-2008, 01:15 AM

if i currently don't have cable or a cable box... how can I get this fight so I can play it on my 96" screen? friend bring over their box?

You would have to have digital cable to get the signal. I have regular cable but not digital. As far as I know I don't have a digital signal either but maybe it there and I just need a box to be able to get the digital signal. I just walk a block to my brothers he has digital.

Beagle
09-03-2008, 03:24 AM

You could always ask Bobby that question considering he works for time warner . That fight on that screen would be sick :thumbsup

Z28Envy
09-03-2008, 03:34 AM
You could always pay your neighbor to get the ppv and run a long ass cable to your projector!:rolf

Screamin281
09-03-2008, 06:36 AM
What bars in the area show the UFC PPVs?

T-Bag
09-03-2008, 07:45 AM

Couture does not have a Fedor fight coming up, nor will that fight happen anytime soon... if ever.

I don't know what this "mad skill" people are talking that Couture has, because I have yet to see it. He's a good fighter, but all Lesnar has to do is lay on him for 5 rounds. Unlesss Couture exclusively trains by submitting cows that are tipped over on him, I can't see him winning. Maybe we'll see Lesnar finish somebody off....or maybe he'll F5 a shark again or something.

Couture can not avoid the take downs, Lesnar is a freight train. As big as Brock is, he doesn't have to worry that he's not all that seasoned.

T-Bag
09-03-2008, 07:46 AM
What bars in the area show the UFC PPVs?

Hooter's near 76th and layton for sure, get there plenty early though

twirkin50
09-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I don't know what this "mad skill" people are talking that Couture has, because I have yet to see it. He's a good fighter, but all Lesnar has to do is lay on him for 5 rounds.

He is WAY more experienced than Lesnar. Granted Lesnar did ok against Heath Herring, who is not much to brag about, but look at the Frank Mir fight. Against a good submission fighter, like Couture or Mir, Lesnar has nothing. Your right, he will probably try and lay on the guy for five rounds.......

Lesnar is going to lose by submission again.

Adam Brooks
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Couture does not have a Fedor fight coming up, nor will that fight happen anytime soon... if ever.

I don't know what this "mad skill" people are talking that Couture has, because I have yet to see it. He's a good fighter, but all Lesnar has to do is lay on him for 5 rounds. Unlesss Couture exclusively trains by submitting cows that are tipped over on him, I can't see him winning. Maybe we'll see Lesnar finish somebody off....or maybe he'll F5 a shark again or something.

Couture can not avoid the take downs, Lesnar is a freight train. As big as Brock is, he doesn't have to worry that he's not all that seasoned.

Actually he and Fedor are planning on fighting tentatively when randys contract is up in 09. As far as if that will actually take place neither randy, fedor or anyone else can say for sure... its a ways away.

idk that randy has any mad skills hes just a fantastic wrestler who works on improving his striking to a point where its better than his opponents. hes a very well rounded fighter with lots of experience.

Brock doesnt have that. But i agree, if brock is able to pin him down, it'll be all over with.

T-Bag
09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Who are these guys going to fight? Trust me, Randy is a money whore (hence the whole legal battle shit)...this fight will NEED to happen in the UFC, as nobody else would be able to dish out that kind of money. Possibly affliction but nobody would watch

If Couture loses to Lesnar, he's done, there will be no Fedor fight and if there was it would not draw. Randy probably pissed his pants after Fedor demolished Tim Sylvia.

It's live for die for Couture at this point.

I'm going to make a bold statement; Couture has no chance of submitting Lesnar.

Fast SVT
09-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Couture is also old.....but either way Lesnar has this in the bag, I still think it is the perfect fight for him if he can avoid the submission.

moels
09-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Couture will make Lesner look silly and make him tap in the 2nd. That is my call.

sweetgtx
09-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree, couture has mad skills, and he will beat lesner, but it will be fun to watch,, WE seen what no leg defense does to brock , he lost to frank meir, but he was beating him pretty good before he submitted:fire

I wanna c the spider (silva) vs liddell,,or lesner vs silva:wow

Pound for pound the baddest mother f"cker around (silva):)

I just want to c someone challenge the (spider), for more than 2 rounds:stare

Fast SVT
09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree, couture has mad skills, and he will beat lesner, but it will be fun to watch,, WE seen what no leg defense does to brock , he lost to frank meir, but he was beating him pretty good before he submitted:fire

I wanna c the spider (silva) vs liddell,,or lesner vs silva:wow

Pound for pound the baddest mother f"cker around (silva):)

I just want to c someone challenge the (spider), for more than 2 rounds:stare

Cung Le

T-Bag
09-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Silva would make a joke out of liddell.

Lesnar vs Silva? lol what the hell are you smoking. I don't think it would be physically possible for Lesnar to cut that much weight to fight in light heavyweight, and I don't think Sylva would want to put on that much weight.

sweetgtx
09-03-2008, 09:02 PM
The spider jumped a class and made that guy look like nothing,I think that was the 200lb class not sure tho. Ya the weight thing comes into play, but who is out there to go 3 possibly 5 rounds with the spider:confused

So anyone have any names that might challenge the spider?:stare

Ur right liddell wood lose, but a good fight to watch:)

Lash
09-03-2008, 09:27 PM
The spider jumped a class and made that guy look like nothing,I think that was the 200lb class not sure tho. :)

It was 205...
and Silva has fought at 205 a few times. He has even fought at 175 back in his Cage Rage days.
How about we get rid of the weight class for one fight and let A. Silva and GSP duke it out. :banana1:

Fast SVT
09-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I want to see Cung Le v. The Spider...I think it will be a good fight.

sweetgtx
09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I agree lets get rid of the weight classes for this fight, against GSP or The prodigy,or rampage, lesner:stare

mrz28M6
09-04-2008, 02:03 AM
yup just like ufc 1!!!! no weight classes and no rules. ahh the good ole days!! wow i'm dating back.

twirkin50
09-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Silva's daily weight is around 205-215, he cuts down for his fights. I don't think it matters what class Silva fights at, he will dominate either way.

GSP vs Penn should be right after UFC 91.

Lash
09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I would also like the see Penn vs. Faber

Z28Envy
09-05-2008, 01:52 AM
That would be a fun fight to watch. I would be cheering for Faber. I hate Penn. Never have liked him.