PDA

View Full Version : All ATV owners must read!!! - especially you Tom!

Moparjim
09-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Alright on short notice (or I would have called you Tom) I made another trip to Dyracuse and made a startling discovery I apparently missed the first two times - The entire town of Rome and surrounding area is ATV HEAVEN! Not only is the Dyracuse place kick ass - they have miles and miles of wooded trails, a motocross track, and a supercross track but you can also legally drive your ATV all over the town of Rome - on the streets! A mile or two away is a FREE Wisconsin DNR ATV trail area - Monroe I think its called with miles and miles of more trails that you can just ride your ATV right over and ride right in any time of day or night to and hit those trails as well. If your looking for a place to open your ATV up, those trails are like 10 feet wide and a bunch of them are nice and straight and flat. Some of the roads you can ride on have 45 and 55 MPH speed limits as well! To top it off, you can also ride to two nearby lakes with beaches that you can literally ride your ATV right up the beach, park, and hop in the lakes...

Seriously, we have to get a trip planned.

HP ADDICT
09-02-2008, 11:03 AM
In monroe i think your referring to the cheese county trails, basically a old rail line converted to a atv trail. You can go fast but the DNR patrols it and there is a 25mph speed limit. A group of us got stopped and given tickets for race pipes etc.

Flicktitty
09-02-2008, 11:08 AM
here is a good link for ya guys showing what roads you can go on.
http://www.huntfishcampwisconsin.com/adams_county_atvtrails.pdf

My parent's have a house in Big Flats that allow ATV's on the roads so i ride up there every so often.

A little heads up, Well riding on the roads DO NOT RIDE DOUBLE WIDE! you will get a ticket.

I've never head a problem with speeding up there. I was on 9th Ave. Going about 40-45mph and i slowed down and rolled a stop sign then took off doing about 45 again. And i hear a siren cop stops me for rolling the stop sign lol.

70 cutlass 442
09-02-2008, 12:16 PM
its not the cheese county trails, that is south west of here, dyracuse is just south of the rapids, and yes, the trails there absoultely kick ass.

SmokinRAM114
09-02-2008, 01:11 PM
i dont have anything trail legal.......

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-02-2008, 01:17 PM
its not the cheese county trails, that is south west of here, dyracuse is just south of the rapids, and yes, the trails there absoultely kick ass.

- Monroe I think its called with miles and miles of more trails that you can just ride your ATV right over and ride right in any time of day or night to and hit those trails as well. If your looking for a place to open your ATV up, those trails are like 10 feet wide and a bunch of them are nice and straight and flat.

Sure sounds like part of the post was the cheese county trail, patrolled by cops who drive Crown Vics down the trail.

70challenger
09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
i made the same mistake the first time i went up there. yeah dyracuse was awesome but got boring cruising around only there for 5 hous especially when the supermoto track started to get real tore up. the next time we went up there we asked the track operators about the trails and went out there and had a blast. i still havent been up there all year though:crying

DynoTom
09-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Lets plan this trip soon !:banana1:

70 cutlass 442
09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Sure sounds like part of the post was the cheese county trail, patrolled by cops who drive Crown Vics down the trail.

beleive me, a crown vic wont make it down these trails! the best thing is they have a handfull of one way trails, so you can fly wide open and not worry about hitting someone commign at you.

badass88gt
09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I'd like some more info on this place too. Is there camping also? A website?

70challenger
09-03-2008, 12:03 AM
http://www.my411site.net/dyracuse/

heres the website. if you've never been there its a blast! geared a little more towards a sport qaud, but a 4x4 would be a blast too.

SmokinRAM114
09-03-2008, 06:41 AM
I'd like some more info on this place too. Is there camping also? A website?

the atv park/mx track is state owned and do not allow overnight camping. for the one race a year they have there on the motocross track its a pain in the ass for them to understand we come from all over the state and we have to stay over night at the tracks. they have a hissy fit everyyear.

Moparjim
09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
The other ATV area was referred to on the maps as either "Monroe something" or "Bentley Hills ATV park". I am pretty sure it was not the Cheesehead trail, it was basically a square section of the town of Rome probably 3-5 miles square or something with routes cut crisscrossed and all through it. The entire time I was up there for two days I never saw a squad or Ranger or anything in there, just sporadic other ATVs and I was FLYING in there lol. On the streets I occasionally would see a trooper but noone hassled us at all. It was a great time. I want to go again but may not be able to get up there until mid October as my son has football games are on Saturdays until then. Otherwise I guess I could maybe leave later on Saturday morning if he has an early game, some of them are as early as like 10am could leave by like 11am or so. There's no camping at the site, but I bet there is in the town of Rome somewhere I thought I saw campgrounds, and there are numerous little hotel/motel type places. I have been staying at my brother in law's trailer on his land a bit north of there, which maybe next spring I could swing for a group of us but he is a big hunter and has his land all set up to attract dear and turkeys and crap and hunt on and pretty much has the place shut down for non hunting human activity from now till winter since hunting seasons start soon.

Moparjim
09-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Heres a link to a map showing all the roads - Dyracuse is in the lower left-ish, the other public free area is referred to as "Monroe Prairie ATV area". Not shown is the entire left/west part of the map is a HUGE lake as well - Lake Pettisomething. That Lake and the other small lakes have beaches you can ride right up to. The Rome site has more info as well about the area in general.

http://www.rome-realty.com/ATVTrails.htm

Cryptic
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
My grandma lives in Rome. Just off of Hwy Z and Aspen :)

I have a bed, a garage, and a warm meal any time I want there :dance

A lot of quads there that's for sure.

CobraSnake
09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
If its the Rome wisconsin right by Wisconsin Rapids then my parents used to have a cabin up there on Lake Sherwood. There was also Lake Camelot that is right next to Lake Sherwood. Great place, although I don't have a ATV so I wouldn't know about the trails.

Mark

70 cutlass 442
09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
If its the Rome wisconsin right by Wisconsin Rapids then my parents used to have a cabin up there on Lake Sherwood. There was also Lake Camelot that is right next to Lake Sherwood. Great place, although I don't have a ATV so I wouldn't know about the trails.

Mark

we usually swim in lake camelot when were done riding for the day

Cryptic
09-06-2008, 02:52 PM
we usually swim in lake camelot when were done riding for the day

hell yeah!

Moparjim
09-07-2008, 03:31 PM
After looking at it and the prices look very reasonable, I am probably going to try to buy at least a lot with camping rights up there before next spring, maybe even a lot with a small house... If that happens, we will have a nice base of operations for trips up there.