09-01-2008, 10:51 PM
agreed^

havent enjoyed a raw in a long time. The past few weeks have been pretty good

Flicktitty
09-01-2008, 11:03 PM
eh? wrestling is still on?

awsomeears
09-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Shouldn't this be in " Da Funny " Section ?

Waver
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

flyin_blue_egg
09-02-2008, 06:32 AM
^^^lol

i think the generation that kept wrestling on so long is the generation that's on here....now that most of us are getting older and know that it's not real now, and now they don't have the audience they used to

Cryptic
09-02-2008, 07:26 AM
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3210/jerkoffzg1.gif

lordairgtar
09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
^^^lol

i think the generation that kept wrestling on so long is the generation that's on here....now that most of us are getting older and know that it's not real now, and now they don't have the audience they used to
So, are the ones that thought it was real like, five? Even in the days of the Crusher, Dr X, and Baron Von Rashki, I knew it was a put on.

nismodave
09-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I miss watching wwe.

Ric Flair was my Fav.

srt4eh
09-02-2008, 01:08 PM
i watch it every now and then when it comes on AFN (Armed Forces Network)....watched it every week with my buddy at Ft Campbell before I deployed....always funny to watch.

Karps TA
09-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I watched pretty regularly up until a year or so ago. Then I had seen the same story lines repeated so many times that it just grew old. My grandfather got me hooked on it as a little kid and watching AWA. My dad's younger brother used to take me to the matches at the Arena.

Pretty much everybody knows it's fake, but the athleticsm is still impressive. It takes quite a bit of skill to NOT hurt somebody doing the things they do and I think sometimes people over look that. It's real easy to punch somebody in the face, it's not so easy to make it realistically look like you did, especially live.

lordairgtar
09-02-2008, 02:49 PM
but the athleticsm is still impressive. It takes quite a bit of skill to NOT hurt somebody doing the things they do and I think sometimes people over look that. It's real easy to punch somebody in the face, it's not so easy to make it realistically look like you did, especially live.
That is true, I couldn't do it!

badass88gt
09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
I quit watching when Stone Cold stopped wrestling.

I'd say my favorites are Austin, Undertaker, Kane (when he wore the mask), the old DX, and the Outsiders.

TNA Wrestling is actually pretty good, I just dont sit and watch it week after week to keep up on the story lines.

Darrell
09-02-2008, 03:04 PM
^^^lol

There are actually people that think it is real?????? :confused

I like watching wrestling. Good entertainment and I like violence, even if it is fake. Movies are fake too and I like watching them...

lordairgtar
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
There are actually people that think it is real?????? :confused

I like watching wrestling. Good entertainment and I like violence, even if it is fake. Movies are fake too and I like watching them...
Surprisingly, there are. Had an argument with one of these asshats at work. Darrell, I was in Fondy just this weekend.

MoCkiN U
09-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Hmmm favorites. Maybe my top 10 in no particular order

Ric Flair
Lex Luger
Road Warriors (hawk & animal only)
Sting
Bret Hitman Hart
Stone Cold
Ricky Dragon Steamboat
Undertaker
Midnight Express (marty done, shawn hall of fame)
The Rock

And maybe 1 extra for the unique character he is Mick Foley aka mankind, dude love, cactus jack did I forget a persona?

nismodave
09-02-2008, 05:01 PM

Ric Flair
Lex Luger
Sting
Bret Hitman Hart
Stone Cold
Ricky Dragon Steamboat
Undertaker
The Rock

And maybe 1 extra for the unique character he is Mick Foley aka mankind, dude love, cactus jack did I forget a persona?

The Midnight Express was Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane.

The Rockers were Marty Jannetty and Shawn Micheals.

The Rock and Roll Express was Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson.

Darrell
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Surprisingly, there are. Had an argument with one of these asshats at work. Darrell, I was in Fondy just this weekend.

Oh yeah, what brought you up here?

Darrell
09-02-2008, 05:18 PM

Ric Flair
Lex Luger
Sting
Bret Hitman Hart
Stone Cold
Ricky Dragon Steamboat
Undertaker
The Rock

Some good ones listed there, most are some of my favorites as well. I'd add Hogan to the list as well. Love him or hate him, he is the one that made the business what it is today. I don't think ratings have ever gone thru the roof like they did back when he joined the NWO.

And as Dave said:

nismodave
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Kind of sad we know that shit. LOL

lit666
09-02-2008, 05:38 PM
it was best for me when Stone Cold was wrestling. He is my favorite. The days of Goldberg, DX, and The Rock and his posse' were good also.

Anakonda69
09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
i have been watching it alot more recently and it's gotten a lil better storyline wise. i missed raw last night but i try to watch it when i can.....sucks john cena needs surgery.....

Darrell
09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
it was best for me when Stone Cold was wrestling. He is my favorite. The days of Goldberg, DX, and The Rock and his posse' were good also.

+1

nismodave
09-02-2008, 05:51 PM
The MAN!!! Stylin and Profilin!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VomRP04cJ7M

lit666
09-02-2008, 05:58 PM
argghhh I hate rick flare, he need to diaf

lordairgtar
09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah, what brought you up here?
I was at the Wisconsin Street Rod Association Corn Roast over the weekend. I ran their model car contest and did some art work. WSRA is the club I belong to.

lordairgtar
09-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Big fan of Mankind and his other personas. I have an autographed Mr. Socko.

nismodave
09-02-2008, 06:18 PM
argghhh I hate rick flare, he need to diaf

Ive lost all respect for you.:mad::goof

Reverend Cooper
09-02-2008, 06:21 PM
you know how i know your all fags?

Anakonda69
09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
i would like to rent/buy the ric flair story dvd that came out after he retired

67-400
09-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Lets not forget about SuperFly Jimmy Snuka or Bob Sparkplug Holly :goof or Ravishing Rick Rude, Bam Bam Bigelow. Their all probably dead, I know Rick Rude died of some heart failure, probably too much roids. The Ultimate Warrior and so on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwP8qGw56w

MoCkiN U
09-02-2008, 06:42 PM

WOW!!! How the F did I blow that one. GEEZ

Remember the starcade matches where they were competing above the ring on the scaffold. Those matches were the shiznit

I have a fondness for Golddust too. Guess that fits coops comment best. He was fun to play in those wrestlmania stand up arcade games. Anyone remember the name of that one? I think at one time it had earthquake in it and some others of course hogan and so on. Cant remember if honkytonk man was in it or not?

Anakonda69
09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
i believe bam bam bigelo is dead also.....

Karps TA
09-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I think that game was Wrestlemania

And yes Bam Bam is deaded.

I'm an HBK fan. When it came to stealing the PPV show he also came to play. After reading Foley's books I became a big fan of his as well, and actually lost alot of respect for Flair in the process.

nismodave
09-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I think that game was Wrestlemania

And yes Bam Bam is deaded.

I'm an HBK fan. When it came to stealing the PPV show he also came to play. After reading Foley's books I became a big fan of his as well, and actually lost alot of respect for Flair in the process.

Foley bashes Flair because Flair called him what he is, a glorified Stunt Man.

People will remember Flair, long after Foley.

Karps TA
09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Perhaps, but Flair wasn't very good about giving new guys pushes when they should have. His ego kept him in the front more then he perhaps should have been.

I think people would have remembered Flair more fondly had he not stayed way past his prime. I'll always remember sagging pathetic Flair more then the Flair who used to have epic bouts with Sting in WCW, or his earlier WWF days.

nismodave
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Perhaps, but Flair wasn't very good about giving new guys pushes when they should have. His ego kept him in the front more then he perhaps should have been.

I think people would have remembered Flair more fondly had he not stayed way past his prime. I'll always remember sagging pathetic Flair more then the Flair who used to have epic bouts with Sting in WCW, or his earlier WWF days.

Saggy or not, he still had a HUGE following. Raws ratings have not been as high since right before he retired.

Like him or hate him, he is considered the greatest of all time. Yes, over Hogan.