PDA

View Full Version : Solid Gold Dare show 9/7

JC70SS
09-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Maybe the last harah of the year. Who is going and who knows thew time??

Voodoo Chick
09-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Those shows usually start around 5, but I would say get there more like 4 to make sure you get a good spot to park in.

jbiscuit
09-02-2008, 07:53 AM
no, the DARE show is an all day show.....we are going Joe. Already preregistered. Keep an eye on the weather though this week. They are saying rain most of this week. And this won't be the last harrah....the West Allis show is coming up too and that show is a GREAT time!

JC70SS
09-02-2008, 08:02 AM
J any info on registration?

jbiscuit
09-02-2008, 08:33 AM
its $8 preregistration, $10 day of...there are a TON of classes etc. Its an awesome show. You should be able to swing down there this week Joe and fill out the form and pay right away if you wanted to preregister.

u_say_go
09-02-2008, 08:36 AM
they've been passing out pre-registration forms at the Wednesday cruise night for a while now, but if you get there early you can still register. Show starts at 9am, but you might wanna get there a couple hours before that. My old man usually rolls in around 6am. He'll have his 1932 Deuce up there, with no body!

Karps TA
09-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I was wondering why I've never gone to this show and I just realized why. It's on NFL opening weekend, probably my top 3 favorite weekend of the year.

SSDude
09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
the West Allis show is coming up too and that show is a GREAT time!

Same cars every year.

STANMAN
09-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Just classics, or is new stuff welcome??

SSDude
09-06-2008, 03:14 PM
They have a class for Modern Muscle 1980 to present.:thumbsup

STANMAN
09-06-2008, 03:34 PM
They have a class for Modern Muscle 1980 to present.:thumbsup

That seems to be the class I get put in at EVERY show, lol. If it's not raining, I plan on making the trip, this is a pretty cool show!!

JC70SS
09-06-2008, 03:40 PM
forecast looks iffy:rolleyes:

jbiscuit
09-06-2008, 04:29 PM
looks like rain most of the day tomorrow :(

jbiscuit
09-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I take it back! The forcast is shaping up to be decent now tomorrow!

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/53214?dayNum=1&from=tenDay_topnav_undeclared

JC70SS
09-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I still may skip J. My mind is tuning out of car show season. Maybe Oscars next Sat.

SSDude
09-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Joe. You gotta be there. We need more Chevelles.:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
09-07-2008, 06:27 PM
so any results of winners from this fantastic show...

udlose98
09-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I went, saw Stan man's stang, and a ton of other very nice cars, never imagined it'd be that large of a show.

Korndogg
09-07-2008, 06:30 PM
lol didn't even remember this was going on till i had to run to pet smart haha

CPonyGo
09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
lol- I went to petsmart as well and looked around for only a bit

GRAMPS SS
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
so...who won what....one thing i didn't do was go to pet smart and sean said we needed to go in there.....

saw alot of people from years past...and some of the same ole cars...and some new ones as well...not a bad show by no means...but what do i know....

STANMAN
09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I didn't get there and registered until about 11:30, I thought the weather was supposed to be iffy, so instead of setting my alarm early I slept in. Still took 2nd in my class (80 and up modern muscle). 1st place went to another 05 Mustang from Racine (V6, burgandy, a retro inspired car, very nice!). All around a great show. Wayne, where were you???

Deggy
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Place was packed, I made two deliveries on 74th to that strip mall. Caught a glimpse of Santa's sleigh.

STANMAN
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
There didn't seem to be many BCMer's there??? Lil Ry, heard Wayne was there but didn't see him, Johnny 2K I also heard was there. I though I saw Nismo Daves car parked outside the show (not for sure).

STANMAN
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Also, last I walked by the registration booth, there were 380 cars registered, and a TON of cars that were there didn't register. It was a HUGE turnout!:thumbsup

SSDude
09-07-2008, 08:20 PM
There didn't seem to be many BCMer's there??? Lil Ry, heard Wayne was there but didn't see him, Johnny 2K I also heard was there. I though I saw Nismo Daves car parked outside the show (not for sure).

I was there with the Chevelle. Parked early with Yellowwagon and B4MY TM
I saw your Stang there but you weren't around at the time. Lots of nice stuff to check out.
Granted there are the regulars but there was a fair amount of new stuff as well as a big group of people up from Illinois and all over Wisconsin.

STANMAN
09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I was there with the Chevelle. Parked early with Yellowwagon and B4MY TM
I saw your Stang there but you weren't around at the time. Lots of nice stuff to check out.
Granted there are the regulars but there was a fair amount of new stuff as well as a big group of people up from Illinois and all over Wisconsin.

I thought that was yours, but I wasn't sure, and the few times I walked by no-one was around. This was my 1st time at this show and I saw lots of "new" cars, and some of the same ones I see at every show, but usually those cars are worth looking at every time!! Like that guy with the Shelby's (the daytona and the cobra), I see him at just about every show, but I NEVER get sick of looking at those cars, very nice!!!

I liked the 69 Superbee parked in back that was a "survivor", it had been driven for 4 years, and then stored until earlier this year. Cool to look at, I was suprised it was so rough for only being driven for 4 years before storage, I mean they didn't even use salt back then I don't think, they used sand didn't they??? Regardless, that car was very cool to see!!!

SSDude
09-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I grew up with that car on the other end of my block. They had it stored outside for a number of years behind the garage. Stallis got on him about non registered vehicle and he found a garage to keep it in. They used to get bothered a lot by all the people who would stop by and ask to buy it. I'm sure the years outside while it was covered with a tarp got the rust going.
I pretty sure they used salt in the 60's and later.

Feature Pony
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I grew up with that car on the other end of my block. They had it stored outside for a number of years behind the garage. Stallis got on him about non registered vehicle and he found a garage to keep it in. They used to get bothered a lot by all the people who would stop by and ask to buy it. I'm sure the years outside while it was covered with a tarp got the rust going.
I pretty sure they used salt in the 60's and later.

Was it a F6 (spring green) a12 (six pack) superbee? If it is I saw that car at Gus's drive in a couple of weeks ago with the chrome reverse wheels.:thumbsup

STANMAN
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Was it a F6 (spring green) a12 (six pack) superbee? If it is I saw that car at Gus's drive in a couple of weeks ago with the chrome reverse wheels.:thumbsup

That it was, it didn't have chrome reverse wheels on it though, that I remember anyway.

I am to young to remember what they used on the road then, hell, I wasn't even ALIVE then:rolf I just assumed (we all know where that leads) they didn't. Hell, in the U.P. they don't use salt, they use sand, and I figured since they are like 30 years behind in everything else, they would be about 30 years behind in road cleaning to:goof

GRAMPS SS
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Place was packed, I made two deliveries on 74th to that strip mall. Caught a glimpse of Santa's sleigh.

Deggy,...was that you in the JIMMY JOHNS car....????????????? you almost ran right into us...

SSDude
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM

It should be. The guys name is Wayne and he lives out in Elkhorn now so it's more than likely him. Like Stan said the wheels were steelies but freshly painted black

GRAMPS SS
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM

Johnny2k was with me and Sean......li ry talked with us...said he had to meet you at CHAMPS....said you were buying....

becky and everyone were sitting behind there cars at the bottom of the hill...

STANMAN
09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Johnny2k was with me and Sean......li ry talked with us...said he had to meet you at CHAMPS....said you were buying....

becky and everyone were sitting behind there cars at the bottom of the hill...

Now I know he didn't say that, because then you FOR SURE would have come along:rolf Why didn't you BTW, we could have made room. Hell, you didn't even answer my text:mad:

scaleracer
09-08-2008, 12:09 AM

We saw you a couple times I was gonna yell something at you lol! But it looked like a good show saw a few BCMers from where I was I didn't look around at cars though..

Silver350
09-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I walked around there yesterday. It seemed like it was a wednesday night cruise night with vendors and a stage. There were some nice cars there but I didnt see any trailor queen cars there and majority of the cars were just eh.

jbiscuit
09-08-2008, 08:20 AM
it was one of the best Solid Gold - DARE shows on record. Awesome weather, a TON of new cars and a lot of variety. Wasn't a parking lot filled with 55 chevys or fiberglass hot rods this year. The survivor Superbee was awesome, the 31 Ford traditional hot rod with the airbrushed age and killer look by Sports Authority was one of the best executed hot rods I have ever seen....it would rival anything from the west coast. Well done. Had a blast.

Congrats to my father-in-law for winning 2nd place in his class for his Nova! Great time had by all this year :) Clark N Nancy's 68 Charger was gorgeous too. Bought it new!

Silver350
09-08-2008, 08:26 AM
I must of been blind because I didnt see that. I also didnt see you at all Jason. I saw your car and Jeni but didnt see you anywhere.

jbiscuit
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM
yea jeni said you and chris were walking around. Sorry I didn't see you guys....it was a busy day

GRAMPS SS
09-08-2008, 06:33 PM
there were some nice cars there but i didnt see any trailor queen cars there and majority of the cars were just eh.

i didn't say it first this time....