PDA

View Full Version : Hot rumor of the day; Palin's is actually GRANDMOTHER to her youngest

Goat Roper
08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
If I hadn't seen this in more than a few spots I would have dismissed it as too bizarre but enough places have the story; http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/121350/137

Taken from the Daily Kos, which is decidedly left leaning but they seem to have all the information together best but a Google search in the news area will bring up more mainstream outlets. http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/granju/2008/08/that-sarah-palin-rumor.html

If true, what does it change? Probably not much, except the pro-lifers will adore her more and the Obama campaugn itself sure cannot use it, but that doesn't mean less savory folks won't.

Anyway, interesting if true.

Prince Valiant
08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Taken from the Daily Kos, which is decidedly left leaning...
Nominated for "Understatement of the Year" lol.

I obviously can't say if true or not...but to be quite honest, this post comes from the same mold of thinking that goes into most of the lunatic conspiracy theories out there...here's but a few problems with the conspiracy.

1. The whole Fly from TX to AL to have a baby in a rush seems an overly unneeded contrievance. She could have simply gone quietly and staged a fake birth at home. Why go through the machinations of "leaking ambiotic fluid" in TX if there was none?

2. As with all conspiracies, there are more than a few people that have to have knowledge of the situation...SOMEONE would have leaked/said something.

3. If going back to work in three days was such a problem, don't you think brighter individuals would have purposely held her out? Don't forget, her doctor and hospital staff HAS to be in on the charade.

4. We don't even get accurate reporting as to the time her daughter was out of school...5-8 months? The murkier details get, the more the conspiracist can fill a void.

5. Easily the most bizarre: They question 6.2 lb 8 month term baby?!? C'mon! IF what they are implying is true, did they PLAN to have Palin deliver prematurely?!? It's not like they didn't have an accurate due date for the daughter. One would think that given the situation, IF her daughter was pregnant, they'd have simply planned to have the baby privately given up for adoption.

This is one of those stories that seem needlessly complex, but makes for willing fodder for those who would LOVE to believe something like this for political expediency. Conspiracist LOVE to works the gaps of knowledge so as to control the story.

The whole conspiracy if enacted is littered with pitfalls that'd befall an opportunistic politician as the daily Kos alleges of Palin, when FAR easier solutions were abound. Let's not forget...Palin doesn't pass the "prude" test as she's willingly admitted to doing things that'd turn off the puritanical fundamentalist vote claiming that she couldn't "pull a bill clinton and claim I didn't inhale" with reference to pot.

Goat Roper
08-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Agreed, the whole thing is bizarre. But, if there is a hint of smoke you know that people will spend months looking for the fire. Kos is equivalent to Limbaugh so don't draw any conclusions from it.

One thing I find interesting are the pics of when she was def pregnant compared to when she was said to be pregnant this past spring.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aFc47u3szeI6/340x.jpghttp://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9515/3073504041standaloneprovb5.jpg

4eyedstang
08-31-2008, 11:16 AM
let the poo flinging begin. gawwwed a hate politics

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Democrats would be fools to use that against her not that I think its true.

GRAMPS SS
08-31-2008, 11:21 AM
why is it in politics that the shit of peoples lives involved have to come out..i'm sure more pics of her MODELING will come to life...that was done BEFORE she got inot politics....but...lets let it surface,......just let the campaigning begin for votes and vote...JMO....

ND4SPD
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Well they can't really attack her on much else, so I guess they have to invent stuff. Nevermind that certain camera angles, clothing, and body types, etc... can all affect to what degree a woman "shows" when she's pregnant.

In the video they have on the Kos site, she looks pregnant to me. Hell, my wife could've gotten away with clothing like that until she was 7 months or more and people who didn't know her wouldn't have known she was pregnant.

Prince Valiant
08-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Kos is equivalent to Limbaugh so don't draw any conclusions from it.Bunk...at least Limbaugh can be funny.

Mr. Brett
08-31-2008, 11:51 AM
You think Rush Limbaugh is funny? Wow. Just....wow.

Goat Roper
08-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Olbermann is funny to the left, Limbaugh is funny to the right, it is all in which way you lean. If you are a Michigan football fan you like Ohio State jokes and vice-versa.

Anyway, no matter what happens with this it will probably turn into one of those rumors the right uses like "Obama is a Muslim" or "Obama doesn't like kittens".

If it DOES happen to be true then it turns into a legal mess since she would of had to falsify a birth record. Personally, I do not believe it to be true but lets see where it goes.

Windsors 03 Cobra
08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I find Limbaugh funny as well, his parody bits and character voices are some of the best the radio industry has ever seen, pretty awesome for a "just a kid from Missouri who wanted to be on the radio". He did learn from the best -Larry Lujack-

Olbermann I just find to be mostly trashy and he seems like a
vindictive whiner/liar and a man who panders to a small audience of farout kooks. :thumbsup

The liberal media can say whatever they want about Rush, the man has the #'s to back up what he says and has built a fortune doing it, the liberal media wishes they could do a show half as successful as Rushes and the liberal media fails ever time they try it.

Goat Roper
08-31-2008, 12:17 PM
And the left sees Limbaugh as "mostly trashy and he seems like a "vindictive whiner/liar and a man" who panders to a "kooks". Remember your perspective on things. I like sitting in the middle. Independents get to sit back and watch the show between left and right :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
08-31-2008, 01:13 PM
You think Rush Limbaugh is funny? Wow. Just....wow.Wow...just wow. Wow. Just, wow. Wow. Wow. Golly wow. :rolleyes:

Mr. Brett
08-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Olberman and Limbaugh are both sensationalist morons. Limbaugh is a lot more obnoxious, though. The fact that he has such a huge following speaks volumes about the collective IQ in America. The only time his show is even worth listening to is when Belling is a guest host.

Z28Roxy
08-31-2008, 01:35 PM
And the left sees Limbaugh as "mostly trashy and he seems like a "vindictive whiner/liar and a man" who panders to a "kooks". Remember your perspective on things. I like sitting in the middle. Independents get to sit back and watch the show between left and right :thumbsup

Yep, totally seems like a kook pandering to kooks.

ND4SPD
08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Before this idiotic rumor goes any further... let's debunk it right now...

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/dailykos-rumors-debunked-here-is-sarah-palin-pregnancy-photo-on-feb-10th-2008/

Prince Valiant
08-31-2008, 03:54 PM
And the left sees Limbaugh as "mostly trashy and he seems like a "vindictive whiner/liar and a man" who panders to a "kooks". Remember your perspective on things.However, Those critical of Olbermann are correct...He of the "world's worst person" segment fame (who are simply people he disagrees with, or even worse, critical of him :rolleyes: )

Olbermann is a cynic...with strong liberal bias that he denies.

Rush, on the other hand, hardly hides his bias. He tells you where he's coming from without an ounce of shame.

Sure, he makes fun of the left/liberal/democrats, but unlike Olbermann, he's not mean spirited.

ND4SPD
08-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Doesn't Olbermann also try to make himself out to be a journalist? Rush has always said he's an "entertainer" and not a journalist. There's a little difference there.

Goat Roper
08-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Before this idiotic rumor goes any further... let's debunk it right now...

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/dailykos-rumors-debunked-here-is-sarah-palin-pregnancy-photo-on-feb-10th-2008/

Another photo with no detail posted on a site on the complete opposite side of the spectrum of Kos certainly won't debunk much.

Article is came from; http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/Story?id=5690619&page=1

That photo in that article was taken on February 10th.

This was on around March 10th

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6475/610x1ap7.jpg

Democrat or Republican, it is always interesting watching these play out.

ND4SPD
08-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Both of those stories (and photos are cited. One is from ABC News and is dated in February, the second is from ADN and is dated in march). Which is more than what you've done with the photo you just dropped.

By the way, where was that photo taken? It looks awfully warm for a cold February winter in Alaska.

Goat Roper
08-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Both of those stories (and photos are cited. One is from ABC News and is dated in February, the second is from ADN and is dated in march). Which is more than what you've done with the photo you just dropped.

By the way, where was that photo taken? It looks awfully warm for a cold February winter in Alaska.

I don't understand your first line as a question or just a statement but the second question everything I have read says the week of March 17th. If it was taken in Juneau, and if you know much about their winters, then you know that coastal regions of Alaska fair better than we do alot. The week the photo was taken it was a few degrees warmer there than it was here (mid 30s).

She obviously was not afraid to fly anywhere so who knows where they snapped that off, only the date is relevant to the discussion.

There really isn't much more to discuss until someone comes up with something else on this and with the hurricane inbound you can be sure that nobody will really give too many craps about this.....except the National Enquirer...but they are the ones who cracked the Edwards thing so lets see what happens.

Prince Valiant
09-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Goat man, I like you and respect you...of that there is no doubt. But in this thread, you're showing, imo, what's wrong with many that term themselves "independents" or as "moderates". It's not that there is anything wrong with being either...but many/most who term themselves suffer the same paralysis that you appear to suffer from.

Here's a case in which it should be easy to discern the truth. Common sense alone should easily debunk this.

But no, even when it's appears that those spreading this rumor are obviously putting forth only select evidence to steer one to a conclusion, you refuse to see this.

No; instead, many "independent/moderates", for whatever reason, don't apply their own critical thinking skills (please don't take that wrong...this is true of everyone any many situations). More often than not, they'll see the truth as "somewhere in the middle"....

But, clearly this is a case in which there is no "middle". It's like a "little bit pregnant"; you can't be...you either are or you aren't. So what to do here? Rather than, again, apply the BS meter, aka as critical thinking skills or common sense, you'll just "wait and see."

Take the ^above^ picture in question posted by you...okay, the first thing I can tell you is that it either A) CAN'T be Alaska...mid 30's or not. 1) Mornings and nights are still damn cold, so they'd still likely either have jackets, or as you can see by that one woman's blouse, they'll wear something a little cozier in lieu of jackets. 2) Even mid 30's, that one woman's blouse is a little on the open thus cold side for March in AK. If it WAS taken in AK, then of course, it's unlikely the date is correct...don't forget, the US as a whole, including Canada and AK experienced record snowfalls...they'd still have plenty of snow/dorty/wet sidewalks around....and being AK, somewhat dimmer skies!

My guess, of course, is that it wasn't AK.

Even more interesting is that while at first glance, it doesn't appear that she's pregnant, a closer inspection reveals that she might be in the photo. Look at the placement of the hands...it does appear that she holds them further from the body...her arms are angled slightly more than you'd expect from an otherwise slender woman. It might not be noticeable, but look at human bodies as much as I do, you begin to pick up on things. Another clue to me? The way she appears to lean back a little...as if compensating for a change in her center of gravity...such as what happens when you have a baby in your belly. It's subtle and is considered a "resting mechanism" (a way of standing using as little muscle as possible, instead, resting on the joints and their ligaments), but imo, it's there...and is a common compensating mechanism that contributes to low-back pain in pregnant women (ask me how I know, lol...more than a few patients were pregnant women, lol).

Two: One of Daily Kos's "claim":

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5543&stc=1&d=1220247264

This pic^^ apparently shows Bristol (the alleged mom) as being pregnant due to the small "baby bump"

My first impression was that IF she was in fact pregnant, why wear that tight shirt? One could say that "she must not have told her parents yet!" but of course, she'd be acutely aware that she was "showing" and would thus make the change to baggy clothes hiding the baby bump. Or you could say "she didn't know herself!" to which I'd say unlikely...there ARE changes that a girl would be MORE than aware of leading her to suspect something was amiss. (yes, I'm aware of cases in which people claim to have not known they're pregnant...but being a normally built/healthy girl unlikely to be afflicted with some of the conditions that might help hide the pregnancy from themselves, this is unlikely).

The result? Turns out...this picture was first printed in April 2006...now, having 5 kids, I'm sure you are fully aware of the mechanics of pregnancies...A child born in April of 2008 is highly unlikely to be showing in 2006. I don't care WHAT the daily Kos says.

Even ANOTHER point to make in the above pic...Don't believe that it's from 2006? Look at a recent pic of the middle daughter:

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5546&stc=1&d=1220250468

In the "prego bristol" pic, the middle daughter looks VASTLY different...as in "little girl" versus "young lady" different. It's even apparent on the youngest daughter who has obviously grown, though less dramatic since, well, quite frankly, unlike the middle daughter, she hasn't gone through puberty (I never thought I'd bring up that subject in a post, lol).

Also...by printing selective photos, just as telling only selective parts of a story, you can control people impression of the event. There are literally hundreds of pictures of a pregnant Palin. Here's a couple:

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5544&stc=1&d=1220247833

Notice down by the podium? Nice little bump. Notice the larger than you might expect butt? Of course, women store a little excess fat, true...but as a result of a baby changing their center of gravity, women often experience lordosis, in which the pelvis rotates forward...as that happens, the butt orients slightly upward and out, hence the larger butt.

One could say, we'll, it's a conspiracy...they put the prego belly on her for appearance sake...but those don't center on the belly...instead, they hang on the shoulder, in which the body undertakes different compensation mechanisms.

Another photo clearly showing a prego palin:

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5545&stc=1&d=1220248669

In this one, one even sees what appears to be a little prego weight gain...her cheeks and neck appear a little fuller. Again, the arms are unnaturally held away (unnatural for an otherwise slender woman that is). The dark colored baggy, loose hanging clothes hide much of the rest of the effects of pregnancy...and notice, most pics linked of "questionable pregnancy", she's in looser, darker colored clothes...from angles that may make it more difficult to discern.

Not trying to be condescending, but it simply wasn't hard to get down to the bottom of this. No "let's wait and see"...skepticism (a healthy approach to any claim, unlike cynicism as many here have) forced me to evaluate the claim critically.

But now, there are many out there whom accept the story as true...and they'll spread it as such. Many [i]responsible[i] journalist/bloggers DON'T go with silly innuendo such as this because they realize the danger in doing so. So now, for many, their judgment will be clouded by a completely unfounded rumor...and quite frankly, I believe that many forwarding this story at the Dailykos do in fact know this...but, because the end (helping democrats/liberal/progressives get elected) justified the means (spreading false rumors that really amount to libel and character defamation), so they have no problem going through with it. Even if presented with truth, they don't care...they'll just say "We were reporting of a "rumor" that this happened...not that we think it actually did).

But therein lies my problem with independents/moderates. They often skirt their responsibility to discern fact from fantasy, because it's either hard or it'll alienate those around them (face it, discussing politics isn't a way to get along with everyone). They'll believe the silly axiom "where there is smoke, there's fire!" believing everything has a grain of truth, no matter how ridiculous. I'm not saying no conservative is immune to this, or liberals for that matter...but it's a vacilitating/wishy-washy way of approaching "the truth", of which there of course, MAY be shades of gray, but not always...

Now please! any reasonable man should see the lunacy of this story!!! :goof

Goat Roper
09-01-2008, 06:35 AM
I know, as much as many would like it to be true, and as I said before, I doubt this isn't going anywhere. Thats a good collection of data that makes me even more skeptical of the original idea, which was strange to begin with :) You should throw that up on some of the places where this is still burning.

The wife (who leans much further to the right than I) ran across this story last night on some site and put it best "This is what the Shiite Republicans (really REALLY Republican) get for trying to start all the rumors about Obama". And she is no Obama fan. For the record we are supposed to be walking with Republican Congressman Paul Ryan as guests in the Labor Day parade in Janesville today, so this is by no means some crazy lefty house. I "supposed to" because plans changed with the kids and now we cannot get everyone there to do it.

The Sarah Palin Pregnancy Decision Chart is funny either way in this story :) : http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4628/sarahpalinla4.png

ND4SPD
09-01-2008, 12:23 PM
My main issue is that I like to see stuff cited, so if I want to reference things myself (or cite them myself) I can. I wonder if the whole point of starting this rumor was to draw attention to the fact that she flew late in her pregnancy and therefore are going to try to attack her judgement.

Aside from being uncomfortable, I don't really know of any real "dangers" of having a woman who is late in her pregnancy fly. As long as she gets up and goes to the bathroom, stays hydrated, eats, etc... she'll be fine. If she goes into labor in-flight... well, people have been having babies for thousands of years without hospitals. I can certainly understand why the airlines don't want you doing it... because they don't want to take the chance that they may have to divert or have something else happen and get sued.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Jeez now it comes out the 17 year old daughter Bristol is CURRENTLY 5mos. pregnant and plans to marry the father.

Prince Valiant
09-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Yep...the rumor of this thread (Palin is actually a grandma) is DEAD. Turns out, Bristol is currently 5 mos pregnant herself! It would be impossible that trig was her kid, lol.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
i have been hearing all day during my watching of the convention, about all the losers on the left that are claiming that Palin is covering for her daughter and pretending to have a down syndrome strickened kid to further her political career. to find out that there are people on here that bought into it is kind of surprising and disturbing. unbeleivable.

Goat Roper
09-01-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't think anybody bought into it here, if they did they didn't post as they did, but it certainly was an interesting story while it was around. Problem is that I am sure this will NOT be the last thing the left tries to pull out form underneath their hats. But it is like my righty wife said again today, it was interesting to see how the right handled this after spending months of spreading crap about Obama. I don't think the right liked having a baseless rumor thrown at them either but I can assure you it will not be the last for either side.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't think anybody bought into it here, if they did they didn't post as they did, but it certainly was an interesting story while it was around. Problem is that I am sure this will NOT be the last thing the left tries to pull out form underneath their hats. But it is like my righty wife said again today, it was interesting to see how the right handled this after spending months of spreading crap about Obama. I don't think the right liked having a baseless rumor thrown at them either but I can assure you it will not be the last for either side.

what crap about obama are you speaking of??? i must have missed the slinging from the right that was equal to this?!?!? please explain what right wing statement or rumour about obama is even in the same galaxy as this?? the only slinging i have heard:

him belonging to a racist, american hating church
him being in bed with a shady business man
his wife making anti-american statements
that his middle name is "hussein"

the right should be ashamed of themselves, spreading all those lies :rolf oh wait...........that stuff all turned out to be true. can you imagine if the right wing bloggers had been running a story like this about a leftist?!?! the senate would have started an investigation and pelosi would have been all over the tube damning everyone of them. the double standard still amazes me, even though we should all be used to it.

Goat Roper
09-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow, the second you start arguing with a lefty or a righty you start sounding like one or the other which is why I don't argue with lefties and righties. You sound like someone where no amount of good political conversation would go unwasted, right into spiraling, chest thumping righty retort, or am I over simplifying your use of sarcasm?

07ROUSHSTG3
09-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow, the second you start arguing with a lefty or a righty you start sounding like one or the other which is why I don't argue with lefties and righties. You sound like someone where no amount of good political conversation would go unwasted, right into spiraling, chest thumping righty retort, or am I over simplifying your use of sarcasm?

you said that the right was just as guilty of slinging things like this in the past. you admitted agreeing with your wife when she was justifying this attack using the "fair because they did it first" argument. all i did was ask for an example of a right wing "rumour, and baseless claim" that equals the level of this claim.

and yes, i am a "rightie". i take that as a compliment when people call me that, LOL.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Make no mistake about it, there are kooks so far out there there that they are saying 5 month old Trig is Bristols child and that Bristol got pregnant right away after giving birth to Trig. One kook blogger suspected the reason the boy has down syndrome is due to incest, crazy ass kooks on some of these intenets forum.
BTW these are the same kook forums that got Olbermann where he is and he returns the favor for having a job despite a non rating show by reporting on all kinds of kooky stuff.
The MSNBC folks will be bringing an air america reject to the air next in Rachel Maddow. Next thing you know Randi Rhodes will be on there, now there is a kook or Mike Malloy. whew. :loser
MSNBC, A GE company. :flipoff2:

lit666
09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I'd hit it

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
A pro domestic oil drilling snomobile racing family with a pregnant 17 year old daughter for vice president, ain't that America ?

As Rush says, "you can't make this stuff up". :thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Make no mistake about it, there are kooks so far out there there that they are saying 5 month old Trig is Bristols child and that Bristol got pregnant right away after giving birth to Trig. One kook blogger suspected the reason the boy has down syndrome is due to incest, crazy ass kooks on some of these intenets forum.
BTW these are the same kook forums that got Olbermann where he is and he returns the favor for having a job despite a non rating show by reporting on all kinds of kooky stuff.
The MSNBC folks will be bringing an air america reject to the air next in Rachel Maddow. Next thing you know Randi Rhodes will be on there, now there is a kook or Mike Malloy. whew. :loser
MSNBC, A GE company. :flipoff2:

obama did the right thing and ***** slapped all these wackos. i give him credit for the answer that he gave.

olberman is just part of the zero ratings crew on msnbc, which is pretty much the entire station. even when they get someone sort of decent on that channel, they smear up their show by having their own losers on as guests and shamelessly advertising for all their crap shows.

msnbc is as good as dead. i would be surprised to see msnbc around for the next election in its current format, or even something somewhat resembling it.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
A pro domestic oil drilling snomobile racing family with a pregnant 17 year old daughter for vice president, ain't that America ?

As Rush says, "you can't make this stuff up". :thumbsup

you forgot about:

both parents working
love hunting and fishing
a son that is heading to iraq in 10 days

you can't really make this up, it will make a good book someday for sure.

srt4eh
09-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd hit it

X2 :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Another one making the rounds? That bristols current pregnancy...or "pregnancy" as they call it, is another hoax. They're predicting that bristol will miscarry this alleged "pregnancy" so as to cover up them getting caught on Sarah Palin's alleged pregnancy.

I read a little at dailykos...their almost as good as the 9/11 truthers in their ability to deceive themselves to perpetuate their desired worldview. It's pretty pathetic.