PDA

View Full Version : Harley event brings in HUGE money!

Russ Jerome
08-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Unfotunately its just a fraction of what it is costing tax payers to police, disrupt buisness and generaly be a royal pain it the rear just to go get a can of Raid from Home Depot........enough go home! (I've owned Harleys so no dont think Im on one of my rants)

Fed Ex guy trying to deliver our paychecks to Lakeside International was TURNED AWAY from OUR building by a cop......hello its apublic street and we're 1/4 maile away from the dealership! Our incoming repair lot has 3 or 4 trucks in it, normaly 20+.

Our local gas station thought it would be cool to let people park there air cooled dinasaurs in his lot for buisness...HA! Today he said if they ever have another event he's gonna baracade the lot, cant say what he said in his towel head accent.

I had to check out the dealership myself Fri night, drank about 20 beers to make sure I "took it all in". Counted 6 truly good looking woman (probably locals) and about 600 leather skinned, should have been wearing more cloths to conceal....icky ones. Lot of corporate exec, buisness class riders and a few old school generaly cool real bikers.

I cant beleive the city repaved the ajoining streets for these guys, there driving on our work lawn and pissing behind the building anyway I dont think they would have cared about the potholes at the lumbering pace there keeping (at wot there a smidge quicker than my 4 popper Nissan).

Irish
08-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Fed Ex guy trying to deliver our paychecks to Lakeside International was TURNED AWAY from OUR building by a cop......hello its apublic street and we're 1/4 maile away from the dealership! Our incoming repair lot has 3 or 4 trucks in it, normaly 20+.

That would have been enough to piss me off right there. COPS DO NOT OWN THE ROAD. The are just responsible for policing it. I am sure some smart-ass is going to come on here and say, " Should have direct deposit, that way you wouldn't have to worry about it."

Russ Jerome
08-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Wouldnt have been a problem if he tried delivering fri, all the cops were with me watching topless picture girls and midget wrestling under the tent, they were cool and having a good time.

nitrous
08-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Just goes to show how much pull big revenue businesses can have. Where's that pic of Brandon pissin' on the HD sign?

Voodoo Chick
09-01-2008, 11:51 PM
It will be real nice to be able to use f****** Layton Avenue again............enough of all this motorcycle bullsh*t, already.

fivonut
09-01-2008, 11:56 PM
" Should have direct deposit, that way you wouldn't have to worry about it."

:devil:devil:devil

DSMDuDE
09-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Haha u must be talking about Milwaukee HD

lolz

Smokey1226
09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
i feel bad for the business's in the inner city but for us that were outside the city but were on a major road heading into the city worked out mint. We have a great weekend (4 days) and lots of new customers. We needed something like this before winter, anything helps before winter comes.

Our snowplowing costs were over 2k last year :( Thats enough to make a grown man cry

lordairgtar
09-02-2008, 10:41 AM
A local HD dealer in Fond Du Lac had some bands and parties and food. I couldn't get away from it even in FDL! Still, street rods out numbered bikes and we got the best motel rooms because we reserve when we check out for the next year. The prices were high because of the HD crap but I sweet talked the cute Indian chick into a free night Sunday.

pOrk
09-02-2008, 10:51 AM
i feel bad for the business's in the inner city but for us that were outside the city but were on a major road heading into the city worked out mint. We have a great weekend (4 days) and lots of new customers. We needed something like this before winter, anything helps before winter comes.

Our snowplowing costs were over 2k last year :( Thats enough to make a grown man cry

You need someone new to do your snow removal, and it just so happens I know a guy ;-)

Smokey1226
09-02-2008, 11:37 AM
You need someone new to do your snow removal, and it just so happens I know a guy ;-)

lol i would, but the guy who plows for us spends wayyyy more than 2k in our station every year so its a scratch my back/scratch yours type of deal. Otherwise i would take you up on that.