PDA

View Full Version : Gus's in East Troy... Always a good turnout

Fast95Stang
08-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Every Saturday Gus's, in East Troy, has a car show. All years, all makes, and all models are welcome. I'm sure it will be packed today because of the nice weather. Come on out and enjoy a burger and some custard!!:thumbsup Their food ROCKS!!!!!!:headbang Today is the last "official" car show of the summer, however people keep coming until they close for the winter.

I'll be there, hope some of you come on out!!

http://www.gussdrivein.com/
http://www.gussdrivein.com/gallery.php

I wouldn't be surprised if tonight it looks like the picture at the bottom of the web pages.

michelle
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm planning on going tonight with one or two other SHO people. I think we are leaving the Milwaukee area around 5 tonight. (:

Car Guy
08-30-2008, 01:40 PM
:wstupid

mr.gone1985
08-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I may go there but be warned about the owner. I was there on July 5th and was looking for a spot to park. The owner came over and told me to park across the street because the lot was full. I could see it wasn't. After I parked across the street I was going toget something to drink and saw he parked 3 or 4 more cars in there. I looked at him and he told me people want to see old cars. I have an '85 Mustang GT that is quite clean and modifided. The cars he parked there had more waves in them than Lake Michigan. I have been a pretty regular customer but he surely has no eye for quality. I guess the 3 C6 Corvettes that were there all closed up are what people want to see too. If he would have been honest with me right away I could understand. Lie to me like that upsets me. Get there early so he can't play games with you and turn you away with a lame excuse. That's my 2 cents about there. I'll maybe give them another chance tonight.

MoCkiN U
08-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Been there many times in the past. I'm cool with Gus and his wife. I havent had any issues with him as I have the local ass clowns that go there. I dont know where in their mind my car fits in as "fast & furious". Last time i was there the comments were ridiculous I just let calm and quietly didnt cause a scene or light up the parking lot.

Time before some dude said something like "Oh great look here coming in, any of these old tubs would school these cars rolling in" I heard him cause I had already parked but I had my car there, my buddies 600+rwhp cobra, buddies supercharged S2000 400+rwhp. I dont think his old bucket caddy was going to do shit but what do I know

michelle
08-30-2008, 09:19 PM
We parked in the field across the street since there were already other cars there, popped our hoods, and walked around. Good showing and great weather. Lots of newer Corvettes and one that claimed it was 1 of 4 but I don't know what made it so "rare".

Car Guy
08-30-2008, 10:57 PM
I have an '85 Mustang GT that is quite clean and modifided.

Were you back in the corner by the wood fence...???

mr.gone1985
08-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Were you back in the corner by the wood fence...???

Yes I was parked back the rusted car and the wood fence. I was there for about alittle over an hour. Saw the SHOs across the street and a few other cars too. After walking through the place twice my son and I had enough and went out for a cruise of our own.:usa

michelle
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Your car was very clean! Very nice!

mr.gone1985
08-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Thank you. You don't see to many SHO cars anymore either, and all set up for racing too.

dr doom
08-31-2008, 08:28 AM
In order to view the link you need to register.

mr.gone1985
08-31-2008, 09:38 AM
I Am Registered. The Link Was Put On By Accident And I Can't Edit It To Take It Off.

dr doom
08-31-2008, 06:46 PM
oh, just curious but you wouldnt happen to be the owner of the mid to late 80s Mustang with the air brushed American flag on the cowl from Mukwonago or Eagle area would you?

mr.gone1985
08-31-2008, 07:28 PM
oh, just curious but you wouldnt happen to be the owner of the mid to late 80s Mustang with the air brushed American flag on the cowl from Mukwonago or Eagle area would you?

Yeah thats my car.

dr doom
08-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Thats a great car, and it sounds bad ass!!

mr.gone1985
08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Thank you very much. :usa