PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Crap

BoosTT
08-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know why their are so many fake listings? Like the 2006 f-150 for $3000? Most of them don't have a location either. I'm guessing they spam your email when you try to contact them. Or what's with the listings with all the randem words at the bottem of the ad? I've been wondering this for a while:confused

Car Guy
08-30-2008, 01:39 PM
SCAMMERS...!!! :flipoff2:

The reason you see those ads repeatedly is because they work, there are far too many un-educated people out there surfing the internet.....

ND4SPD
08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
The random words are so a search engine will hit them. The idea being that you'll be dumb enough to click on their ad and respond so they can farm your e-mail address for Spam lists.

I personally love all the Africans I get responding to my promise ring ad. Oh, sure you'll pay $1000 for my $300 ring with a bank of Nigeria money order... riiiiight.

And if I had a dollar for every time I'd been notified that I'd won the Irish National Lottery...

Voodoo Chick
09-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Have anyone respond to an ad yet claiming they want to give you a share of the 10 million dollars they have, seeing as they are some royalty from some weird ass country? I have had quite a few said responses so far.

GRAMPS SS
09-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Have anyone respond to an ad yet claiming they want to give you a share of the 10 million dollars they have, seeing as they are some royalty from some weird ass country? I have had quite a few said responses so far.

that's how i got my cash flow...:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:goof

Voodoo Chick
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Hmmmm................maybe it might be a good way to drum-up cash.......lol