PDA

View Full Version : Anybody run REAL halfshafts?

Sprayaway Fox
08-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Does anybody slick there stuff and run a number in here? Do most of ya run "stock halfshafts"? and replacem with the same or you run aftermarket sets?

BeesTwinEG
08-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Does anybody slick there stuff and run a number in here? Do most of ya run "stock halfshafts"? and replacem with the same or you run aftermarket sets?

halfshaft like intermidate shaft? yes, we leave it stock but after market axles.
I have never broke intermidate shaft nor i don't knwo anyone.
Transmission will break before the halfshaft and aftermarket DSS axles.

Sprayaway Fox
08-30-2008, 03:43 AM
Not to great on my terms withem. The splined shaft that comes out of trans to the splined wheel hub. Like what a civic or something would have. I seen competion products (roll cage) were selling them for like a G a side. Or you just usually break one and go to A Zone and get the "lifetime warranty":devil and keep bringing them back?

BeesTwinEG
08-30-2008, 11:37 AM
yea, Two axles and one intermidate shaft. From stock civic they only have 1 long axle and 1 short axle. In other case like acura integra or 99-2000 civic si have 2 axles and 1 intermidate shaft for driver side.. to make shorter axle for the drive side. yea, driveshaftshop 5.9's are just about 1k for each but they do provide brand new hub, and arp long studs. :) or if your on a budget like my case, yea i just keep on warranty them LOL

1siksrt
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
all stock for me

TURTLE
08-31-2008, 10:45 AM
stock on a GLHS on slicks in the low 11's.... and those early l-body shafts were friggin toothpicks compared to my neon ones...

Sprayaway Fox
09-01-2008, 05:59 AM
I used to work at a parts store and guys I would race on a Satruday nite on the country roads would come in for another halfshaft the next day.. I would kickem a new one and racem the next week LOL. PS What the heck is a Frankenstien motor? Is this a real engine or like a transplant term?:confused

HY35F2T
09-01-2008, 10:15 AM
mine are stock.

BeesTwinEG
09-01-2008, 05:26 PM
PS What the heck is a Frankenstien motor? Is this a real engine or like a transplant term?:confused

yea some like transplant. Hybrid motor. different block with different head.
Like LS block with DOHC Vtec head.

Sprayaway Fox
09-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Ok:thumbsup.... ya learn something new everyday.